Anyone have this Kahlua Cake Recipe/Recipes for Coffee Lovers Book??

TottenKing

You don't need a weather man to know which way the
Hey, all!

I have (had?) a cookbook called The Coffee Lovers Cookbook or something to that effect. I can't find it and I need my recipe!! :bounce:

I'm pretty sure it's called Kahlua Cream Cake and it includes the simple recipe for the icing that goes with it.

Does anyone have this cookbook or this recipe? Thanks for helping!! :flower:

I have a recipe for Black Russian cake which has Kahlua. Is that the same one?

Here it is:
1 pk. Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 Jello Instant Pudding - chocolate
1 cup of oil
4 eggs
1/4 cup Kahlua
1/4 cup Vodka
3/4 cup water

Preheat oven at 350; beat all ingredients; pour into bundt pan; bake for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven; cool 1/2 hour befor removing from pan.

Glaze for cake:
Mix 3/4 - 1 cup of confectioner's sugar with some Kahlua - mix a little of Kahlua at a time - glaze should be thick

ENJOY :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the reply, Czycropper. It's not the same one but it looks good and I'll keep it!! :cool:

How about this...

Kahlua Chocolate Cake

3 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup strong cold coffee
3/4 cup Kahlua

Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg whites until frothy; then beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Sift flour, cocoa, and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and Kahlua; blend well. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until well done. Cool 10 minutes, invert on wire rack; remove pans. Cool before frosting

Kahlua Frosting:
In large bowl, cream 6 Tbsp. butter and 1 lb. sifted powdered sugar. Add 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 Tbsp. Kahlua and 2-3 Tbsp. hot coffee; beat until smooth. Decorate with shaved chocolate if desired.

This came from a Kahlua recipe book and had coffee and frosting. If this isn't it let me know what else to look for and I will check it again.

Hey, thanks! That is either it or close enough! I really appreciate your taking the time to enter all that! Another thanks to Czycropper, too, for taking the time to enter the alternate. I may have to try them both. Oh, no! ;) ;)

You are welcome. It is just payback for the many times someone on the internet has come through with a recipe for me. It is also another reason I can give my hubby why I don't get rid of some of my cookbooks. :) You just never know what you are gonna need. I will probably never use a recipe from this cookbook, but I have helped people out with recipes from it and the Bacardi cookbook I got with it several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter