• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone headed to Alaska during this heat wave?

Anchorage has the potential to get considerably warmer than the coastal ports where DCL stops. Although the passengers on Wonder currently are projected to get an unseasonably warm high of 80 in Ketchikan later this week, projected highs in the ports of call after that range from 65-72.

It is crazy hot this week, though.

I have heard from a reliable source that they have sold more bathing suits on the Wonder in the past couple of weeks than they ever have in a whole Alaska season. So future cruisers pack your suits as sizes and quantities may be limited!

It was 84 in Skagway yesterday.

It was shorts, t shirts and swimsuit afternoons back in late May while we were in Skagway and Juneau so not surprised. While we were at the mushers camp on the glacier, they said camp had to be moved higher 3 times last year. So warm days are more common than you think.

We sailed in Sept. 2013 and it was warm in Juneau, bright, sunny and warm!
We were on an excursion looking for bears, they were in the shade somewhere cooling off! LOL never saw one that day.

We were in Alaska last week on Princess. It was nice and warm throughout the cruise. Folks were tanning on the decks and getting into the pools. We did the dog sledding up in Skagway and I was roasting in a polo shirt and a thermal on the glacier.

We got back to Vancouver on the 1st and came back with a tan as it was so warm. No need for my 50 pounds worth of winter clothes. I would have preferred it just a little colder since it was an Alaskan cruise and not a Caribbean cruise. The pools were busy!

We went on the DCL June 5th 2017 Alaskan cruise and it was in the 80's for a few days then. The tour guides we had for our excursion were saying how excited they were because they could BBQ that night since it's been so warm. Funny too because the one at sea day we bought a warm hat and headband because we were cold! Least we got souvenirs hahaha!

Back in 2016 late May, early June, it was jeans and a jacket every day. But the upcoming one looks it's gonna be a different animal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter