Anyone here ever make or restore a rag doll?

Chicago526

<font color=red>Any dream will do...<br><font colo
I found a really neat rag doll at goodwill. It's in pretty good condition, it just needs cleaning and some minor repair work. I figure I can hand wash the clothes in Woolite and color safe bleach.

I have two questions though. The doll itself is a bit dirty, nothing major but it needs some cleaning. I was thinking of just wiping her down with the Woolite and color safe bleach, rather than getting her soaking wet, is that the best thing to do?

And the hair really needs some work. She just has yarn hair in loops on the very top of her head, no hair hanging down her back (it looks like she was made this way) and the back of her head is showing. Some of the loops have pulled free and it's kind of scragaley looking.

The yarn itself is very rough, so I'd like to try to replace it with something softer. The hair was glued on, so I should be able to remove it with little trouble. I'm just not sure how to go about making a new wig for her.

Can anyone help? TIA! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter