• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone here ever ordered glasses via online?

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
My older teen wants to do this ... at first I said no, as we have insurance but then I got to thinking.... hey why not then.

Any words of advice, wisdom from your experience.

thanks!

My daughter has been ordering online for a few years and we’ve had no complaints. You choose a style you like, enter the numbers from the prescription your doctor gives you and a few weeks later you have your glasses. We have to pay oop and then get reimbursed by our insurance so it works out great for us. I don’t know the name of the site my daughter uses but it is from China.

My ex used to buy her glasses online had been doing it for a few years, she still does as far as I know

We do, and love it because the price is so much better. Several companies out there. I’ve used EyeBuyDirect, really like them, and have heard great things about Zenni. Warby Parker has a few storefronts, so you could try the frames on first.

When I’ve ordered, the only hard part was figuring the pupillary distance. That said, it is explained pretty well, and once we figured it out, was a breeze. I also suggest paying close attention to the size of the frames, the measurements are provided.

I've tried Zenni. I was happy with the frames, but the prescription just wasn't right and I would have had to jump through too many hoops to get them fixed so I just ate the cost. If you have a straightforward, single vision prescription it may be just fine.

We’ve ordered my daughters glasses through Zenni for years now. The first few pairs I brought to her eye doctor to have him check them out, and he could firmed they were correct and fine.
It’s *so* much cheaper than most in person places and the frame quality has been fine, even for a little kid who isn’t exactly extra-careful with her glasses.

All of our large extended family of eyeglass wearers have been ordering eyeglasses online for the last few years. No problems at all. Every Thanksgiving there is a discussion to see who paid the least for their glasses from which website. I like to joke that only our family has a competition to see who can be the cheapest.

You can get a pair of single vision glasses, which I am sure your son wears, for as little as $20.00 from Zenni, which is what I use. Even if you choose to use the Insurance money for a pair at the optician's office, this makes a great spare, at very little cost.
People have told me in the past, yeah, but who will adjust them? Never had a pair that needed adjusting yet after buying probably 10 times.

I always order spare glasses and prescription sunglasses for my daughter from Zenni and Eye Buy Direct.

You can get a pair of single vision glasses, which I am sure your son wears, for as little as $20.00 from Zenni, which is what I use. Even if you choose to use the Insurance money for a pair at the optician's office, this makes a great spare, at very little cost.
People have told me in the past, yeah, but who will adjust them? Never had a pair that needed adjusting yet after buying probably 10 times.
If they do need adjusting, you can take them into any optometrist... Sam's Club, VisionWorks, etc. and they will adjust them for you. DS is hard on glasses and has done this many times.

He and DD have ordered from Zenni a number of times with very good success!

Have used Danni and goggles4u multiple times for a long time now. No issues. Great for spare pairs of glasses (at work, in the car, garage, whatever). I especially love them for their prescription sunglasses, a fraction of what other brick and mortar places will charge you.

I used Zenni for my Rx sunglasses this last time I updated (got my regular glasses through eye-doctor and insurance). I love the sunglasses! They were cheap too, even for the lightweight material and polarized and all that stuff. Honestly, I plan to just order both pairs online in the future and skip the insurance altogether as my out-of-pocket expense would be less.

The only think I might say is that the frames I ordered were marked as spring-hinge, but they aren't. I quickly realized that it doesn't matter much to me (it was just what I was used to), and I kinda like them better, so it's all good. Just watch the descriptions and the pictures closely.

I got a pair from Zenni for $17.00 -- however I have a pretty straight-forward prescription (just very near-sighted, no astigmatism or other things), and I also only use my glasses at night/in the morning for a bit, 99% of the time I have contacts in, but need the glasses for a back-up in case I couldn't wear my contacts. So I didn't get the extra cost for making the lens glass thinner, sunglass tint or anything like that.... but even with all of that the cost would be pretty cheap. My BIL wears glasses exclusively and has bought 3 or 4 pairs from Zenni that he rotates through with no complaints. In my case I did not get any extra special glasses scrip numbers from my eye doc, I just used the numbers from my contact lens scrip, which as I understand can be a little different than glasses since they are right on your eyeball. If I were wearing them full time I'd take a little extra care to make sure the scrip numbers were proper. But, I'm satisfied with the glasses I got from them (I mean, for 17 bucks, if they sucked, just chalk it up to a small loss and order elsewhere).

I have ordered online a few times. My only issue is that it can be hard to really tell what the look like. My purple glasses turned out to be fushia/pink.

Never have done it because I don't know how it is possible to properly fit glasses ordered online. They need to measure how big a frames you need. They need to measure where in the lens your eye hits. Just too important a thing for me to order online

We have used Zenni twice. Both times, one of the pairs had the wrong prescription and one set of frames were WAY too loose and would not stay on no matter how much we adjusted them. I'm done with Zenni, personally. Their return policy is awful. I have thrown away $125 so far on that site. I may try Warby Parker in the future, but most likely will continue to buy from my optometrist office where I know I will be getting high quality frames and correct Rx.

I've bought two pairs of progressives from Zenni, and am very happy with both. I can see no difference at all between these and the pair I got from Lenscrafters that cost about 5 times as much.

I've used Warby Parker for a pair of frames and 2 prescription sunglasses over the years. They have awesome customer service. You can return anything you ordered for free if you don't like it. They have "home try on" where you can order 5 frames and have them sent to you free of charge to try on. I would never order online without being able to try on first. They will also reimburse you if you need to go to a local store to get adjustments. Great company.

I’ve been very happy with my glasses and sunglasses from zenni. I matched up the size with the measurements of glasses I had and use that as a guide to order the right sized frames for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter