Anyone host or go to a cookie swap?

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I saw this show on tvfood about cookie swaps. They looked like so much fun. The cookies looked so yummy too.

I was wondering if any of you had been to one or hosted one? How was it? How did it work? How many people were there?

did it one year at my job...HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it should actually be lots of fun...but these ladies made really werid terrible cookies! LOL!
but I think if it was hosted at someones house it would be a blast. A group of us planned to do one next year. We ran out of time this season!
anyway this is what we did
you need to make 1 dozen cookies for each person in the swap. THey need to be package so they can take them with them. Many just put them on pretty paper plates and plastic over them. But you could use tins or what ever.
you then swap them out. You go home with 1 dozen of each cookie made.
Hope I explained it right.
Kind of like the swaps on here. YOu make 10 of one thing and then get 10 different elements back!

We are thinking of doing one at work this year. Since we have an International crew of people this could be very interesting.

I like the idea of having the cookies packaged and setting a number/person in advance. That makes everything fair for all involved.

If you go to Robinsweb.com and scroll down about 3/4 of the way there is a link about how to host a cookie exchange. Robin was on Sara's show a few years back. I hope this helps you .

Funny this topic came up, I just had my first one last night. My mom has been thinking of having one for years and for the last 3 years has asked me if I was going to do one, so I finally gave in and decided to try it. It turned out to be a lot of fun and I think that everyone really enjoyed themselves. I think the key was to send out the invites early (I sent them out 5 weeks before the day) and make it short (mine was only 2 hours). This is such a hectic time of year everyone has a lot of stuff going on and weekends get full quickly.

I had everyone call and RSVP and let me know what cookie they were making, so there were no repeats. And everyone made about 6 dozen cookies and brought copies of their recipe. I had about 15 people and 3 others that made cookies and wanted to exchange, but couldn't make it last night. I just served some appetizers, coffee, tea, warm cider and wine and played some xmas music. There was a really good selection of cookies and everyone seemed to have a good time. I'll definately be doing this again next year!!!

You can email me privately if you have anymore questions.

Amy

We've done a few. Just to add - we insisted on cookies & not brownies or bar cookies. Also we nixed chocolate chip (else you end up with a load of variations on that theme...) and plain sugar cookies (as most people like to do that with the kids.)

Also make sure that you have everyone make photocopies of their recipes up front to share as well.

Spinning, I think you and I must have been at the same one! :teeth: Of course your cookies and mine were fantastic!
Actually I was really disappointed because I did it when I was about 24 and had the naive idea that everybody did fancy cookies like my family. Anyway I did super-decorated sugar cookies and my dh made spritzes and I came home with chocolate chip cookies and "slice and bakes"!!:eek:
I think if you set rules like aurora19 and DonaldDuckFan said then it'll be fun!
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter