Anyone In Booking Window for a Marvel Day at Sea?

jktmom

Mouseketeer
Is anyone in the booking window for a Marvel Day at Sea cruise? I am wondering if any of the character meet and greets you used to be able to do were available for booking? We are considering one for the end of January and do not want book not knowing what is going to be offered. Thanks!

We are and there are no meet and greets currently listed. I do hope that changes.
Thanks! Me too! Will be disappointing if they are marketing the cruises as a Marvel Day at Sea and then not offering any of the activities. I also hope they do offer the deck show. I hope they release information on what people can expect on the specialty sailings.

We are as well. I did the online chat and was told they are still working on the schedules for 2022 and the Marvel activities will be announced once those are finalized. I was told to check back at the end of the month. I've been checking daily though, ha! We booked our specifically for MDAS so I'm really hoping they get added. I'm hopeful since they are still advertising them as Marvel sailings.

Thanks! Me too! Will be disappointing if they are marketing the cruises as a Marvel Day at Sea and then not offering any of the activities. I also hope they do offer the deck show. I hope they release information on what people can expect on the specialty sailings.

I agree. This will be our third MDAS and we really enjoyed all the Marvel activities on the last two.

We are as well. I did the online chat and was told they are still working on the schedules for 2022 and the Marvel activities will be announced once those are finalized. I was told to check back at the end of the month. I've been checking daily though, ha! We booked our specifically for MDAS so I'm really hoping they get added. I'm hopeful since they are still advertising them as Marvel sailings.
Thanks! This is super good to know!

We are sailing in February on our first Marvel cruise and we booked it specifically because it was Marvel. I am sure DCL will do something amazing but I sure would like to know what it is. hahaha

We are sailing in February on our first Marvel cruise and we booked it specifically because it was Marvel. I am sure DCL will do something amazing but I sure would like to know what it is. hahaha
Same. I was hoping to book the ticketed character interactions that they used to offer this morning and was disappointed. On the other hand, I was glad that I didn't stay up until midnight to try to book, then I would have been overtired, grumpy and disappointed.

We did a Marvel cruise in 2017 and it was great! That day was so special. If they are able to do all the activities they did then, you will really enjoy it. Perhaps the fact that the ship will be more vaccinated by that point will allow for more Marvel activities.

Does anyone know if the Marvel Day at Sea will happen on the first or second day at sea? We booked the 5 night cruise out of Miami in March 2022 and want to figure out which day all the activities are happening!

Does anyone know if the Marvel Day at Sea will happen on the first or second day at sea? We booked the 5 night cruise out of Miami in March 2022 and want to figure out which day all the activities are happening!

Nothing has been posted at all about MDAS for our January cruise. Because we have only 1 sea day, I am confident which day will be the Marvel day. I am not confident about there being Marvel activities like there were in the past.

Having sailed a few times recently (including HOTHS) with the distancing and modifications, I really think there is no way that MDAS will be like it was in the past. It simply isn't possible with the way things are being run currently. I am sailing on an MDAS & SWDAS expecting that things will not be the same and am absolutely good with it. I worry that people are expecting the same experience and will be very unhappy and that attitude will permeate throughout the cruise. This is not the year to do SWDAS and/or MDAS if you want the same or more as it has been in the past. I thoroughly enjoyed my cruises even with the changes but understand that others do not feel way.
On our SWDAS cruise coming up they just released character meet and greets for Darth Vader, Chewbacca, C3PO, and R2D2. We can sign up at the 30-day mark, the same as online check-in. The M&Gs are being offered on days 5-7 to try to accommodate people. This is all we know right now, but figure MDAS might be doing something similar, but there isn't anything showing up.

We can sign up at the 30-day mark, the same as online check-in. The M&Gs are being offered on days 5-7 to try to accommodate people.
Thanks for sharing this information about your SWDAS cruise. I agree that there is a good chance that MDAS will operate on the same timeline. (I'm also less worried about trying to check for/book character meet and greets on the sly while my kids are on winter break--the cruise is their big present.)

Is anyone in the booking window for a Marvel Day at Sea cruise? I am wondering if any of the character meet and greets you used to be able to do were available for booking? We are considering one for the end of January and do not want book not knowing what is going to be offered. Thanks!
I have January 28 and no character booking posted like lre pandemic. Palo lunch and brunch still available on the Magic Jan 3!. Palo has changed the way the do food. Pre fixe 5 course or a la carte. No meat/ cheese appetizer or all you care to eat.

I just looked and saw a Meet & Greet Ironman and Black Panther on the Sea Day and (so far) on the first Castaway Day. My booking opens Jan 20 for them. I'm guessing they are just getting things uploaded and more things may follow, but who knows.

I have January 28 and no character booking posted like lre pandemic. Palo lunch and brunch still available on the Magic Jan 3!. Palo has changed the way the do food. Pre fixe 5 course or a la carte. No meat/ cheese appetizer or all you care to eat.

Brunch is still all you can eat, though. It's just not a buffet.

I just looked and saw a Meet & Greet Ironman and Black Panther on the Sea Day and (so far) on the first Castaway Day. My booking opens Jan 20 for them. I'm guessing they are just getting things uploaded and more things may follow, but who knows.

My upcoming cruise has my first "Day at Sea" event, so I don't know how this worked before Covid. But, did Disney usually post the activities to the plans page before the cruise? I know that they used to mark a day as "Pirate Day", but they didn't post signups for any of the pirate-themed activities. Should I expect to see more M/SWDAS activities pop up in my plans page?

We have it on ours now too!

Didn't the Iron Man and Black Panther meet and greet usually have other characters as well? I know for sure we had Spiderman with them one year. Was it always just advertised as those two and they added more or is this a reduction from years past?

Didn't the Iron Man and Black Panther meet and greet usually have other characters as well? I know for sure we had Spiderman with them one year. Was it always just advertised as those two and they added more or is this a reduction from years past?

My guess is a reduction for physical distancing. And/or current cast on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter