Anyone intested in posting your weekly menus to share with others?

ilovediznee

Always planning our next trip home to Disney!!!
Like many other people, I feel like we eat the same meals over and over again. I work FT, have a 3 year old and my husband is diabetic. While he doesn't watch his diet as well as he should, we have been cutting back on carbs and he needs to eat a full dinner or his blood sugar gets all messed up.

Every Friday at work I make up our menu for the next week and make my grocery list. Below is what we ate this week and our meal plan for next week, including any meetings he or I may have and going out. If you would like to post yours, please do so. If you want any recipes, please send me a private email.

Please join me!!

9/28/03 - roast in crock pot, stouffer's mac and cheese, salad
9/29/03 - DH grill, baked fries
10/01/03 - out to eat
10/02/03 - Mexican burgers, Hot dogs, baked fries, fruit
10/03/03 - I'm at Scrap-a-rama, DH and daugter on their own
10/04/03 - Lunch out, dinner at the SC State Fair
10/05/03 - Lunch - omlettes, bacon, Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls; Dinner - Chicken with SD tomatoes, broccolli, garlic biscuits
10/06/03 - I have a Pampered Chef show - Hub and Ashley on their own.
10/07/03 - Hub out of town, Ashley and I sandwiches
10/08/03 - Church dinner
10/09/03 - USC vs. KY football game - brining chicken and sides for tailgating
10/10/03 - Campbell's Pork Chop and stuffing recipe
10/11/03 - Lunch out; dinner ?????

Diane
Lexington, SC

I would love to say yes but I am not that t o g e t h e r but it is a great idea.

I am BAD :upsidedow
I loive with a bunch of picky eaters who are never home at the same time -
I PLAN dinners then decided well if I am the only one here to eat it - I'll just have cereal!:hyper:

Tonight I am PLANNING on grilled bbq chicken breast, mashed potatoes and a veggie of some sort - but WHO KNOWS if that'll happen!:duck:

You must be reading my mind! I told DH last week if he wants me to cook he needs to tell me what he wants...Needless to say he hasn't given me any ideas!
But I think on SUnday I am going to sit down and make a meal plan for the week!

You are so organized Diane. I wish I could come up with a meal plan in advance. But I'm usually asking DH at 4pm what he wants for dinner that night - very rarely with an actual response - and throwing something together quickly when he gets home. We tend to eat a lot of chicken because I'm alergic to pork, DH doesn't care for fish and I haven't been in the mood for beef lately. Ends up getting rather boring rather quicky so then we end up eating out for a few nights and the whole cycle starts over again.

Rats! :( I was hoping to open this thread & get ideas for meals for the next week. ;) I'm another of those who does not remember to plan ahead. In fact, the whole reason we bought our 1st microwave was to defrost meat for dinner! :earseek:

Maybe we should just make it that you post your last 5-7 meals instead of those for the next week. :tilt:

These are our dinners for the last week:
Fri - taco night (build your own), corn & bean salad, spiced rice
Sat - homemade pizza (bread machine dough), salads
Sun & Mon - honey sesame tenderloin, rice pilaf, green beans w/ff onion rings, cherry crisp
Tues - tortellini, garlic bread, salads
Weds - sausage sandwiches (w/spag. sauce, onion, peppers) salads
Thurs - hot dogs, Kraft mac & cheese, salads
Tonight - something with shredded chicken - It's in the crockpot & I haven't decided what yet.

Here's mine! I plan all my meals otherwise, I just overbuy at the grocery store.

Tues: (shopping night) BBQ Pork Sandwiches with a coleslaw salad on top
Wed: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes & brocoli
Thurs: Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup with Polenta Croutons
Tonight: Roasted Lamb with cumcuber tomato salad & rice
Sat: Eat out night
Sun: Parmesan chicken with spinach pasta & green beans
Mon: Beef & Bean Tacos and a side salad

HTH!

Bag my cooking! I am headed overy to your place!

I do plan ahead, 'cause I'm doing low carb and that just makes it easier. However, y'all would probably find it boring, so I'll spare you the details. I'll just say that right now I'm eating tuna salad on lettuce. Dinner on Sunday will be Mexicali Meatloaf or chicken Alfredo.

Does anyone else have an updated list for the past week - or the next week?

Here's mine:

Friday - Chicken Chili, bread
Saturday - Cajun Chicken Pasta, Apple Pie bread, salads
Sunday - chicken tacos, corn & bean salad
Monday - chicken tacos, corn & bean salad
Tuesday - chicken salad on croissants, cooked carrots
Wednesday - creamy roasted garlic chicken helper
Thursday – creamy roasted garlic chicken helper, cooked broccoli
Friday – Spaghetti with sweet Italian sausage, garlic bread, salads
Saturday – Chicken Cheese Steaks, pasta salad, salads

What a great thread. Sometimes I plan ahead and sometimes I don't. If I don't we end up eating out more so I decided last week to plan and shop accordingly so here goes:

Sunday - Roasted Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, corn on the cob
Monday - cold turkey sandwiches, potato salad
Tuesday - Roasted peppers, onions and sausage sandwiches, garden salad, potato salad
Wednesday - Chicken cutlets, green beans, garden salad
Thursday - Sirloin tips on the grill with peppers, onions & mushrooms
Friday - probably eating out - pizza
Saturday - don't know yet

you guys are so good! I really want to start planning but....
Keep the ideas coming! PLEASE! INSPIRE ME!

Yes Please keep up the ideas. My kids and I our picky eaters plus cooking is the biggest chore to me. ( Actually torture!) I know my husband is getting sick of soup, sandwichs and chicken nuggets.

I usually just plan a bunch maindishes and obvious sides before I go shopping and keep a list on my fridge of the meals I'm prepared to make. I also buy all the regular stuff to complete the meals and make lunches etc. Then I decide the night before what to pull out of the freezer and what vegetable etc. to serve with it. I also try to keep a few quickies on hand like canned clam chowder or hotdogs. My grocery shopping seems to go better since I started this and I don't find freezer burned food months too late because I see it written on my list and know I need to serve it soon.

In my freezer right now I have ingredients for crockpot sticky chicken, ham with mashed potato casserole, oven fried chicken, beef stew, spaghetti, salmon, shrimp with pasta, and ribs with sourkraut. Already crossed of my list were sausage & bean soup and hamburgers.

Gosh, I just realized I haven't gotten anything out yet for tomorrow! Glad I ran across this thread.

OK - Recipe time. I'm interested in the following:

disykat - ham with mashed potato casserole
inky dinky doo - Mexicali meatloaf...and do you make your own alfredo sauce or use the stuff in a jar?
OurDogCisco - BBQ pork
BVCOwner & OurDogCisco....Do you roast your own or buy them already roasted? If you do your own, would you post how you do them?

Thanks!

Planning menus sure does make the kitchen a friendlier place! Y'all are gonna think I am crazy but I usually plan a month at a time. I do a lot of freezing so I always have something on hand.

The next seven days...

calzones/green salad
crock-pot ribs and beans/beer biscuits/hash brown casserole
teriyaki chicken/fried rice/oriental veggies
Italian Kielbasa/rice/green beans
crock-pot Ooey Gooey Mexican chicken for taco salads
chili mac (homemade hamburger helper), green beans, hominy, chicken broccoli braid, salad

Of course, everything is subject to change with our schedules. :)

Melissa

Originally posted by piratesmate
OK - Recipe time. I'm interested in the following:

BVCOwner & OurDogCisco....Do you roast your own or buy them already roasted? If you do your own, would you post how you do them?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the roasted peppers? I roast my own on the grill. They are very easy to make. But then again, I make my own tomato sauce during the tomato season! DH and DS hate it when we don't have fresh tomatoes any more.

I prefer red peppers. If I don't have any more from the garden I buy the big bags at BJs or Costco.

Preheat grill and clean peppers but don't cut or pierce. Place peppers directly on the grill and leave covered. After about 15 minutes I check and if the bottom is getting dark I turn them. I was taught to "roast" them until they are almost black on the outside. Once they are blackened I take them off the grill and place the whole peppers in a paper bag for approximately 20-30 minutes. Then I take them out of the bag and peel the blackened "skin" off, remove the tops and seeds. I slice them the long way about 1/2" thickness. Put them in a bowl with olive oil and spices (garlic, oregano & basil, salt & pepper) to taste. Cover and serve warm or cold with fresh Italian bread! Yummm!

Oops! Yes, I did mean the peppers...I didn't proof read. :o

Thanks for writing all that out! I'm going to have to try that. I never used onions & peppers as they both gave me severe indigestion & hives. Recently though, DH talked me into trying red peppers instead of the green & I tolerate those much better....those darn onions still make me break out though! During Vidalia season I do sometimes take Benadryl so I can cook with them & eat them...otherwise DH has to chop them - and then not kiss me for a couple hours. ;)

OK folks you should be very proud of me! I have actually cooked this week! Thanks to all of you. I can't say I did a meal plan but I actually thought about what to make....
We had:
Sunday Raviloi
Monday Chicken breast covered with Dijon mustard then toped with cheese, salad, sweet potatoes
Tue Meat loaf, peas, white potatoes salad
Wed Fridge clean out (all the left over food)
Thr. Baked turkey breast (crock pot with dry ital. Seasonings then in the over for an hour THANKS TO WHO EVER POSTED THAT ONE) corn salad, mashed potatoes and even an apple crisp! It made a ton of juices! SO
with the juices from the turkey breast I added, celery, carrots, water, salt and pepper and onions let simmer Then added the left over turkey. Put it in the fridge for tongiht, I will cook some noodles and we will have soup!
WOW! I don't know if I have ever cooked this much or used my left over stuff this well before!

Thanks!

Here's mine for the past week . . . . you know, this has een pretty depressing for me. I never realized we were eating chicken almost every day! :eek: :o Not only that, but it always seems to be along a Mexican theme. Hmmmmmmm :scratchin

Oct 12 - 19
Sunday - shrimp in alfredo sauce (jarred), fettucine, salads
Monday - chicken divan, green beans, apricot bread (bread machine)
Tuesday - chicken tenders in Lea & Perrins White Wine sauce, potatoes with Afritude, green beans w/ almonds
Wednesday - roast sticky chicken, rice pilaf, cooked carrots
Thursday - leftover chicken....
Friday - tortilla soup, fresh pineapple
Saturday - chicken steak sandwiches, salads, fresh pineapple
Sunday - "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" (chicken casserole, corn, salad, apple goodie)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter