Anyone intested in posting your weekly menus to share with others?

Originally posted by piratesmate
OK - Recipe time. I'm interested in the following:

OurDogCisco - BBQ pork
BVCOwner & OurDogCisco....Do you roast your own or buy them already roasted? If you do your own, would you post how you do them?

Thanks!

Sorry this took so long! But here's the recipe.

4 cups preshredded cabbage
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 1/2 TBSP spicy hot mustard
1 1/2 TBSP honey
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups shredded pork with BBQ sauce (such as Lloyd's)
4 hamburger buns

Combine 1st 9 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.

Place shredded pork barbecue in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto bottom half of each bun. Spoon coleslaw mixture over meat misture, using a slotted spoon. Top with remaining bun halves.

Serves 4 unless your dh eats 2 which mine does. If you are on WW this is only 6 points if you a light hamburger bun.

I roast my peppers either on the BBQ or in the oven. Then, to easily peel them, I put the peppers in a paper bag. Then, I put a plastic bag around the paper bag. Let it steam for awhile and the skin peels right off.

Okay here's another week of menu's:

Sunday -- BBQ chicken pizza & salad
MOnday -- Baked shrimp in lemony garlic sauce, rice & zucchini
Tuesday -- Marinated Flank Steak w/tortillas, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, etc... & refried beans
Wednesday -- Chicken with green onion sauce, pasta & broccoli
Thursday -- Quick pork with a sweet bourbon sauce, rice & green beans
Friday -- Tortilla Chipotle Chicken Soup & salad
Saturday -- Dine out!

Also, here are some lunch ideas in addition to any leftovers:

Cheesy Veggie Chowder
Chicken & Avocado Wraps with Cumin-lime cream

And, of course I can't forget dessert:

Banana Pudding
Applesauce Snack cake

Tina

Here's our next one:

Oct 20 - 28
Monday - salads with grilled chicken
Tuesday - Chicken Mei Fun
Wednesday - Kielbasa, Parmesan noodles, salads
Thursday - kielbasa, parmesan noodles, cooked carrots
Friday - build-your-own-tacos, tortilla soup
Saturday - tortilla soup & tacos
Sunday - baked apples with milk (I know, lousy parents! ;) )
Monday - chicken quesedillas, corn & bean salad
Tuesday - roast turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole

You know, I really need to do something about the Mexican food! ;)

Tina - How do you do your chicken & avocado wraps? That sounds good (even though it is Mexican! ;) )

And does anyone do Quesedillas? I tried them this week, but they seemed kind of boring - just chicken & cheese? What else do you put in them?

Thanks!

And does anyone do Quesedillas? I tried them this week, but they seemed kind of boring - just chicken & cheese? What else do you put in them?

Thanks! [/B]

I love quesadillas. I add onions (usually Vidalia or other sweet) and green chiles to the chicken and cheese. DH thinks you can never have enough green chiles. We usually have sour cream and salsa on the side with them.

They're also good with chicken, cheese, onions and barbeque sauce (I put the sauce inside). Grilled steak is good too. When DH grills I sometimes have him cook a couple extra so I can cut them up for later.

I'd post my menu for the week but today is planning day, so I haven't decided yet. We have a three-week-old, so we've been eating all the freezer meals I prepared ahead of time. I'm sure lasagna and baked mostaccoli will figure into this next week. I've also got lamb chops and a honey-mustard pork tenderloin in there. We've still got enough food for almost another two weeks.

I try to plan my menus two weeks at a time...I make a list of 14 meals to choose from, then pick what works for me each night (that way on days I know we are going to be busy, I choose a slow cooker recipe, etc...) We have several favorites that are always in the rotation, plus I try to pick a couple of cookbooks from my huge collection and try new recipes out of those...Here's what we are having for the next few nights:

*Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches w/ rolls and chips
*Pasta/Sauce/Salad/Breadsticks
*Beef Fajitas with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans
*Pumpkin Stew/Dinner Rolls/Pumpkin Parfaits (this one is for 10/31)
*Sweet and Sour Meatballs/White Rice/Egg Rolls
*Hot Dog Pie (This is a new one in Quick Cooking Magazine, haven't tried it, but figure DD will love it!) with chips
*Tater Tot Casserole/Green Beans
*Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans
*Chicken Spaghettie, Little King's Salad, French Bread, Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Cake (we are having this tomorrow night when we have guests for dinner)
*Slowcooker Cheesy Ravioli Casserole/Salad/Bread
*Slowcooker Sausage in the Crockpot on hoagie rolls
*Saturday is tailgating and if the weather is cool we are making chili/cornbread muffins/chili fixins (onion, cheese, fritos) and somekind of brownie or cookie.

I usually try to make two big trips to the store each month and then in between for fresh stuff.

HTH,
Candi

I post occasionaly but lurk here most often.I thought I would join in on this thread.

This week we are having:

Fancy Pizza's and salad
(crust, roasted garlic chicken, broccoli, ricotta and mozzerella)
(crust, white sauce,smoked turkey, carmalaizied onions, and topped with havariti cheese)

Homemade Mac and cheese, Brocolli and shredded brussell sprouts, spinach salad

Blue Plate Special, mushroom orzo, salad,cabbage and yellow squash

Meatloaf, green beans, cauliflower, acorn squash, salad

Cheese, Crackers, turkey, fruit salad

ham bone soup and cornbread

I always cook a min of two veggies when I cook them because of the varied taste in the house and the kids always get a lil of each
to try. Everyone loves the squash'es but me

I love to plan menu's and shop accordingly. I always have qucik fixes on hand if something comes up.

I love to watch Rachel Ray's 30 min meals on food network and visit her show on the web. It has some great ideas and can be adapted.

I am really enjoying this thread.

I forgot to post this week:

Sunday - Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Corn on the Cob
Monday - Lemon Pepper Chicken, Garden Salad, White Rice and Applesauce
Tuesday - Marinated Steak Tips, Grilled Potatoes & Garden Salad
Wednesday - Hamburgers with sauteed mushrooms, onions & peppers, Lipton Butter Noodles, Asparagus
Thursday - Grilled Haddock, White Rice, Beets
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Meeting friends for dinner (probably Mexican)

Tina - How do you do your chicken & avocado wraps? That sounds good (even though it is Mexican! ;) )

I think of it as more as Californian Cuisine!! ;) You can never eat enought mexican food in my opinion.

Cooking spray

3 (4 ozs) skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips

3/4 tsp paprika

1/8 tsp salt

4 (12 inch) flour tortillas

1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped

6 cherry tomatoes, quartered

2 TBSP finely chopped red onion

2 TBSP chopped cilantro

1/4 cup fat free sour cream

2 TBSP light mayo

1 TBSP lime juice

1/4 tsp ground cumin

1/8 tsp ground red pepper

1/4 tsp salt

Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium high heat until hot. Add chicken cook 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with paprika and salt. Cook 2 minutes or until done. Combine from cilantro to salt in a small bowl. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Place chicken evenly on tortillas. Top with avocado, tomato & onion. Spoon 1 1/2 TBSP sour cream mixture evenly over each wrap. Roll up. Cut each wrap in half diagonally. Yield 4 servings. 6 points on WW.

ENJOY....

Mmmmmm sounds good! I've never been too successful with wraps at home. They never look like they do at restaurants - but they sure taste good!

And you're right - it does sound like CA cuisine to me too. It's just that I've been noticing how much "Mexican" we eat since I've been posting our menus. :eek: No one's complaining - I just didn't realize how often it was. ;) We obviously think you can't have too much Mexican either. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter