anyone just get back from disneyworld?

picantel

Mouseketeer
We went from sept 10-19th. During the first weekend we noticed some crowds but it was not too bad. Around wednesday a huge drop in the crowds was noticed(I assume florida schools restarted after the hurricanes). We could literally walk on any ride on wed,thur, and friday. In fact, many rides like buzz lightyear, dumbo, and peter pan were so empty we just sat on for multiple trips. However, a huge boost in crowds started on saturday and sunday. A guard still said they missed estimated targets(40k for MK alone) but for a september it was much more crowded than it should have been. An hour after park opening buzz had a 30 minute+ wait. MGM had 3 of the 4 tiers filled up on sunday. I started thinking that all the cancellations from the hurricanes were coming in this week. I did notice that some of the airlines put a small window to use your plane tickets and this was the week for charley vacationers. I will also assume that many floridians were finally taking a break after 3 unfortunate poundings and decided to hit the parks. Anyone else notice that pattern. I am interested to know if the crowds will continue during the weekdays or if this was a brief weekend rush.

We were there 9-11 through 9-18 and I totally agree with you. We walked on every ride the entire week in all of the parks...until Saturday. It was the most crowded that I have ever seen WDW. Most of the CM's I spoke with were shocked. I believe that all of the people that cancelled for Frances and Ivan decided to visit that week. Most of the people I talked to during the week were fleeing Ivan...so if it wasn't for that, there would have been even less people in the park. I was even able to get CRT while I was there due to cancellations (I had it booked for the week before but we changed because of Frances). Needless to say, it was an amazing trip.

I also was there from 9/11-18 and there was no one there.

It was wonderful to walk onto all the rides all week.

We spent some time in Epcot and MK on Saturday before departing and we waited 30 minutes for Splash and about 20 for Space Mountain. I heard there was a group from Valpak (?) that accounted for some of the large numbers at MK.

What was the weather like? We were supposed to be there from the 13th to 20th but cancelled. I'm wondering if that was the wrong decision now.

The weather was FABULOUS. The most it rained was 30 minutes each day and other than 2 days, it wasn't even hot. In fact, we were at AK one day and got 30 minutes of rain while some others in my party were at MK and didn't get any rain at all...lol.

Don't 2nd guess your decision though. It was a tough call with the hurricanes. We cancelled because of Frances but couldn't bear to cancel again with Ivan so we took our chances and luckily it worked out for us.

But my heart holds heavy for those that got the wrath of Ivan.

We were there Sept 7-12th and it was wonderful as you say..almost an exclusive visit. Most we waited anywhere was a 5 min line on Test track and that was due to a tech problem with the ride. However, we were there between what they thought were hurricanes and many had cancelled not only for Frances but in fear of Ivan coming in...Very little rain, a few minutes each day and we got lucky and mostly the rain came while we were inside at a show or on a ride.....a great trip....:sunny:

Hi,

We were there from the 11th through the 19th. Got in about 8pm last night. The place was empty. We so do love visiting WDW in Sept. We have been going in Sept since 1999 and it is pretty much like this all of the time in Sept.

At the hottub at the POR, everyone was talking about how great it was that there were no lines (Friday night the 10th). However, when we went on Sunday (12th), it was far more crowded than I anticipated. All the rides had 20-30 minute waits all day.

It would be safe to assume that it will be a bit more crowded for Sept. than normal due to all the rescheduled trips due to the hurricanes.

We were there 9/8 to 9/12 and LOVED IT!!! We were talking to a guard and they said in Epcot they only had about 3000 people on 9/8. We were able to do everything with barely a wait! It was awesome! Saw Fantasmic twice -- walked in on it one night and then the next night we got there an hour before and were in the Mickey section only about 10-15 rows back. Able to get last minute reservations everywhere we wanted....WONDERFUL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter