Anyone know a military member who has to deploy again?

BibbidiBobbidiBOO

<font color=green>AKL is my new favorite<br><font
I am reading that some active troops that have been to Iraq or Afghanistan recently will be redepolying again after New Years. I am not sure the rule on reservists, my friend thinks they can go back after 2 years, but I don't know the rule. I need to ask DH I suppose. But I have also read that we are committing troops through 2006(!!!), so I am sure many will be returning.:(
I still live in fear when our phone rings as DH is a reservist. Anyone know someone in this situation? How tough to have to redeploy so soon for what would now be a longer tour.:(

Troops from Fort Knox that came home in October are redeploying in January. I really feel for these families.

I'm really shocked to hear that troops that came home in Oct. are heading out again in January. I hadn't heard about that and I agree, that is very sad. I've read that the 101st that is coming home Feb/March is scheduled for the rotation again in Feb/March of 2005 which will give them a year deployment and a year home before their next deployment. I hope that's true, I will really hate it if Titus has to turn around and go back six months after he gets home.

I've heard that the Phoenix area reservists are expecting to be called up again in Feb/March also.

There are people with my husbands National Gaurd unit who were called up in the intial deployment, came home after 4 months, moved units for whatever reason and are now standing up to go again in January

In the Chicago suburd where I grew up, one of my neighbors was in Iraq at the start of the war (as a reservist), came home (I think he's been home for 4 months now) and received notice that early 2004 he'll be redeploying to Iraq.

Additionally, a friend who's in the 1st AD said their latest rumor is that they'll go home around May, then will redeploy to Iraq a year from when they get home.

We also have a friend in the 101st who served in Afghanistan for the main conflict, came home for 5 months, and now is in Iraq for a year.

:(

My son got back a week before Christmas. He will be going back in June. He is with 824th Security Forces out of Moody AFB, Ga. God brought him home safe once. I will have faith. We are an AF family.

myself - veteren USAF
f-i-l - retired USAF
Dad - USN
Husband USAF - 26 years and counting
Son USAF 2 1/2 years
Daughter USAF 7 months
youngest daughter - over her dead body princess:

A friend of mine's son is due to leave to IRAQ in several weeks. He has a brand new 4 month old baby he has to leave behind. Very sad, (a moment of prayer) for all those missing their family members due to deployment....

:(

Let's all take a moment of pride now... and thanks to our wonderful troops!

:wave:

my DS is getting ready to go over. He is in Germany now and when he gets done with his final training then he will met up with his unit in Iraq. I think this is the 2nd deployment for his unit. I am a little fuzzy with all the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter