Anyone know anything about LL Bean sleds?

I don't think it is a great deal to be honest. I looked at them in the LL Bean store, and they are nive Do you have a BJ's near you? Santa got some just like that there last year, and again this year, for $20 each.

The are very fast (especially if you spray Pledge on the bottoms), and hold up well. I think my kids used theirs almost every day last winter once it snowed. One of the ones we got last year got a hole in the bottom of it, but that is because the kids were sliding down our patio's retaining wall. They were out there this past Monday for 5 hours on them.

They are also very light, which makes it a lot easier to lug them up hills.

Santa is bringing 4 new ones this year - for Mom and Dad, too.

Now, I think LL Bean has free shipping until the 21st, and it might be worth the extra money to have them shipped to you instead of facing the shopping crowds.

We bought a toboggan two years ago from LL Bean, and it is very nice.

Denae

PS - I never answered your question LOL! I think those are regular prices - but do you get a $10 gift card with each one?

Its weird because they have their 24 days of Christmas sale, with every day they pick a new thing to put on sale. This is today's sale. But I don't think it looks like its on sale either! I think I'll pass on it for now, or maybe run over to LL Bean this weekend and have a look at them in person.

Its weird because they have their 24 days of Christmas sale, with every day they pick a new thing to put on sale. This is today's sale. But I don't think it looks like its on sale either! I think I'll pass on it for now, or maybe run over to LL Bean this weekend and have a look at them in person.

I looked at the site, and it seems like the things that are on sale are marked as being on sale. Is there a code or something you have to enter at check-out to get the sale price? I am pretty sure those are the regular prices.

I looked at the site, and it seems like the things that are on sale are marked as being on sale. Is there a code or something you have to enter at check-out to get the sale price? I am pretty sure those are the regular prices.

I am using this page, which in year's past always had a different sale item each day:

http://www.llbean.com/bin/holidayCountdown/index.cgi?&feat=hp

But I just read the fine print, it says, "Join us as we count down the days until Christmas. Each day between December 1 and December 24, click on a "door" to reveal a new surprise*– special offers, gift ideas, holiday favorites and more."

So I guess this year they changed it to sale items mixed in with their favorites. They aren't my favorites until they are on sale, LOL. :rotfl:

They look like cool sleds, but unfortunately, my son's not going to want to wait for one to be shipped here -- he wants to sled right now (well, not right now, he's in school -- but you get the picture. ;) :teeth: )

I thought of ordering two of them for Christmas presents though -- and pick up a cheapy sled somewhere for the immediate needs for now.

They look like cool sleds, but unfortunately, my son's not going to want to wait for one to be shipped here -- he wants to sled right now (well, not right now, he's in school -- but you get the picture. ;) :teeth: )

I thought of ordering two of them for Christmas presents though -- and pick up a cheapy sled somewhere for the immediate needs for now.

Yeah with that free shipping deal plus $10 back to use later its not a bad deal. I do know LL Bean makes quality products. We have sleds at home, but they are cheapies and like anything you get what you pay for.

I got DD one like this last year from LLBean. I think we paid about the same. They had some like it at Target last year and they were about the same price.

It is really lightweight so it's good for hauling back up the hill -- especially if they are young or little (size-wise). If they are giving back $10 to use at another time, it's definitely worth it!

We have those EXACT sleds (bought them from the Beans in Freeport) and they did not hold up very well! The edges started falling apart and one of our handles completely broke off.

We have those EXACT sleds (bought them from the Beans in Freeport) and they did not hold up very well! The edges started falling apart and one of our handles completely broke off.

Wow...we didn't have that experience. You should call them up. They are usually very good about replacing things that don't meet your (or their) satisfaction.

Yes, I would definitely call them and tell them what happened. I would be willing to bet they will replace them - no problem. I have a friend who received a hammock as a wedding gift, and it broke - probably because of misuse. When she inquired about replacement parts, they sent her a completely new hammock. LL Bean is VERY good about making sure their customers are happy.

Denae

Is this a good deal for $30? Anyone know about what this costs when its not on sale? Any input is appreciated, its a one day sale but it doesn't say what it normally costs and doesn't give too much detail:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=43444&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&&feat=atbrv

I don't think that's a great deal, sorry.

I opened this thread because my son has the fancy schmancy $100 (or more?) LL Bean wooden/classic Radio Flyer style sled with his name engraved. Thank you very much, Gramma and Far Far!:rotfl: Now THOSE are nice sleds and worth every penny IMO, especially on sale. But this one looks like something you could buy at BJs, Walmart, Target, etc. JMO! And I am a huge LL Bean fan. One thing I will say...we recently bought ds the Softec/Jackson toddler skates from LL Bean and they are WONDERFUL!:banana:

One thing I will say...we recently bought ds the Softec/Jackson toddler skates from LL Bean and they are WONDERFUL!:banana:

OT - but we just spent a fortune on skates for our kids, and we found skates that actually adjust for growing feet. We got size 1-4, and there was a 3-6 size, too. I can't believe we might be able to get more than one year out of a pair of skates!

Denae

OT - but we just spent a fortune on skates for our kids, and we found skates that actually adjust for growing feet. We got size 1-4, and there was a 3-6 size, too. I can't believe we might be able to get more than one year out of a pair of skates!

Denae

I did see those locally but they are the molded plastic, no? My son has to have leather or synthetic boots due to his foot size (extra wide) and the fact that we are super uptight about proper support for his hard-to-fit feet.:rotfl: He still hasn't worn a pair of hard-soled shoes at age 3!:rolleyes1 We buy from Preschoolians.com as those are the only ones that fit his wide feet and offer the flexibility I require in his footwear. I really would have loved to get the adjustable skates, but the only ones I found were the plastic.:guilty: Maybe my next kid will have narrow or average feet!:lmao:

I did see those locally but they are the molded plastic, no? My son has to have leather or synthetic boots due to his foot size (extra wide) and the fact that we are super uptight about proper support for his hard-to-fit feet.:rotfl: He still hasn't worn a pair of hard-soled shoes at age 3!:rolleyes1 We buy from Preschoolians.com as those are the only ones that fit his wide feet and offer the flexibility I require in his footwear. I really would have loved to get the adjustable skates, but the only ones I found were the plastic.:guilty: Maybe my next kid will have narrow or average feet!:lmao:

Next kid? Are you trying to tell us something? :rotfl: :rolleyes1

Yes, the outer part of the skate is plastic, but the tongue and the inside part are not. I guess you would have to have him try them on to see if they would work for him. Emily has wide feet, and she seems to do well with them. (She inherited my bunions). I just recently started buying wide sizes for her, and she does not complain nearly as much about her shoes.

Denae

Eta - these are the ones http://store.skate-buys.com/rodagiadices.html

I don't think that's a great deal, sorry.

I opened this thread because my son has the fancy schmancy $100 (or more?) LL Bean wooden/classic Radio Flyer style sled with his name engraved. Thank you very much, Gramma and Far Far!:rotfl: Now THOSE are nice sleds and worth every penny IMO, especially on sale. But this one looks like something you could buy at BJs, Walmart, Target, etc. JMO! And I am a huge LL Bean fan. One thing I will say...we recently bought ds the Softec/Jackson toddler skates from LL Bean and they are WONDERFUL!:banana:

They had a wonderful wooden sled on there the other day, $40 or so, marked down from $120. Only problem is it was for a baby and my kids are pre teens. I wish they would put one of those Radio Flyers on sale, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Thats exactly what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter