Anyone know the backstory to Maria & Enzo's and The Eddison?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi,

I've just watched the Dis Vlog where it showed you around the new Mario & Enzo's eatery, Enzo's hideaway and The Eddision. They looked amazing and I was wondering if anyone knew what the back story is behind these? The overall thumbing looks great and the imagineers must have a story to create such detailed eateries. By the way Im from the UK., so apologise in advance if Maria & Enzo is a USA brand

Thanks

They are themed as Disney Spring's former air terminal (Maria and Enzos) and power plant (Edison.) Enzo's Hideaway is a former speakeasy (in the 1920s, when the 18th Amendment to the Constitution made the production and sale of alcoholic beverages illegal in the entire US, a speakeasy was an illegal bar. The amendment was repealed in 1933)

These restaurants are not operated by Disney. They are operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, which already operates a number of restaurants at WDW.

Enzo’s just opened. It’s pricey. We tried it out and liked it but it’s a lot of money to pay for pasta. Cool theme though.

Attachments

• E789B49E-D056-4BBF-9E6B-1EEDD5662DC5.jpeg
    E789B49E-D056-4BBF-9E6B-1EEDD5662DC5.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14

Hi,

I've just watched the Dis Vlog where it showed you around the new Mario & Enzo's eatery, Enzo's hideaway and The Eddision. They looked amazing and I was wondering if anyone knew what the back story is behind these? The overall thumbing looks great and the imagineers must have a story to create such detailed eateries. By the way Im from the UK., so apologise in advance if Maria & Enzo is a USA brand

Thanks
Imagineers had nothing to do with The Eddison, other than they got to create something that looked old out of new construction as the original is truly an old building
It's a copy (with permission of course) to the original in California

It's a copy (with permission of course) to the original in California
Sort of. But it's not as if Disney said to Patina: "Can we please have permission to copy what you did in LA?" as much as it was Patina asking Disney: "Can we please put one of our locations in your entertainment district?" The same people who built and run the one in LA built and are running the one in Florida. Sort of like when Rain Forest Cafe came in. Hiring and operations are all run through Patina. Disney doesn't really have much to do with it other than collecting rent. I'm sure that Disney had to approve all the plans. But as noted, the Imagineers really had nothing to do with the idea or the design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter