Anyone know who rented MK tonight?

Last night was the United States Travel Associations' International Pow Wow. This is a five day event that has over 5,000 Travel Agents worldwide, including many tour operators. The convention is primarily at the Orlando/Orage County Convention Center.

Tonight they are at Universal and Wednesday night at Sea World.

The convention comes to Orlando about every four years. And the outcome of many millions of dollars of travel depends a lot on what the agents see.
and this all was footed by the excess $25+ fee on each ticket they sell.

"They were serving alcohol on Main Street"

:eek: What would Walt say?!?!

Yes, he would say "Make mine a double." And probably, "Do you have a light?" While lighting up his cigarette.

People forget...He was of another generation...a savy businessman, a drinker, and a smoker. He would have been okay with it, for a private party.

I do not understand why this is not fair. This group paid for the park so they got the park. Thinking this is not fair is like me thinking it is not fair that I cannot by a 3 million dollar home while my neighbor just did. WDW is not a public entitlement it is a private business. And as such they can dictate who gets to use the park when.

Completely agree. I'm a very staunch Randian. Disney is a business, if they can make more money by closing early to a private event then they should. It is each persons decision where they want to spend their money. If you don't approve this decision than you can chose to stop going to Disney.

Forget the ECV's, just have them take the Tomorrowland Speedway cars off the track and turn them loose on Main Street. That would bring a whole new level of fun to that ride.:thumbsup2

That sounds like a Shriners convention!!

The DIS cosponsored an event at DHS last December and the park closed an hour early, it was changed from 9 to 8 in October and they added hours to MK. We did DHS that day and did Osborne lights after F! They cleared the park at 8 and we re-entered at 9:30. The only attraction open was TSMM. There was free food, but beer and sodas were 6 bucks. We rode TSMM 8 times, ate, socialized some and left shortly before midnite. It cost $25 and there were about 1000 people there. We were greeted by Green Army Men and Buzz and Woody were doing meet 'n greets. Jessie may have been there too. I'd jump at the chance to do it again. Private events are great if you're there. And if not, there are other parks.

Just saw this on AOL:

Walt Disney World previewed its Main Street Electrical Parade on Sunday night for a few thousand international travel buyers visiting Orlando to attend the U.S. Travel Association's international Pow Wow convention.

I do not understand why this is not fair. This group paid for the park so they got the park. Thinking this is not fair is like me thinking it is not fair that I cannot by a 3 million dollar home while my neighbor just did. WDW is not a public entitlement it is a private business. And as such they can dictate who gets to use the park when.
I meant that as an idea for those who didn't realize it and etc.

"They were serving alcohol on Main Street"

:eek: What would Walt say?!?!

Yes, he would say "Make mine a double." And probably, "Do you have a light?" While lighting up his cigarette.

People forget...He was of another generation...a savy businessman, a drinker, and a smoker. He would have been okay with it, for a private party.

;) After all they serve it in Epcot, infront of kids, every day, not a big deal.

We get to go to a special event at DHS in June. We had to pay for it up front with the convention fees. I am looking forward to it and hope the big 3 rides will be open! I will post what we actually get to do after we return home.

I know last year Tyra Banks rented out DHS-Osborne Lights for a private party, I am not sure how I feel about that since it does seem to cut into a lot of the general publics vacation time, it is hard enough sometimes trying to fit everything in without them closing the parks for private parties

Couldn't agree more! Let 'em rent it after regular closing.

Off topic and I'm sorry but I was there this day watching this guy! Just laughed about this with my mom; we were looking for us in the crowd!

Yes, me too, a little:offtopic:but I was there too! ;)
That guy was funny and a little scary! Did you see how he lunged at the 2 little girls? I wonder where the parents were.:confused3 I would have had a huge problem with that! The video cuts off just before he walked up and threw a handful of money on the stage, too hysterical. :laughing:
If you watch to the end, he's fishing around in his pockets for the money.

If they close one park early, then generally there are several others still open, including Downtown Disney. Schedule a late dinner take in the resorts, always something to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter