Anyone know why it's so busy right now?

For those going to WDW soon, just remember to keep washing your hands. My son and wife just returned from a week at PORS, and they brought back the "flu" as a souvenir! And, they also commented that it was much busier then they anticipated, and those large tour groups can get pretty unruly.
Oh no! Hope they feel better soon!

We're there tour groups at POR?

So, the wait times are back to looking pretty crazy today. I'm guessing the actual CL will be way above predicted again. Yesterday gave me hope. Today, not so much! LOL
Yeah, I thought so too. Boo!

Probowl doesn’t generally affect CL very much.

For those going to WDW soon, just remember to keep washing your hands. My son and wife just returned from a week at PORS, and they brought back the "flu" as a souvenir! And, they also commented that it was much busier then they anticipated, and those large tour groups can get pretty unruly.

Disney has been setting up sanitizer dispensers in parks while we are here.

Just got back from MK and it was absolutely crazy! We had gone the day before and ridden pretty much everything except for a few things that DM and DDad didn't catch. The only thing they made FP+ for was Jungle Cruise and they said they waited 25 minutes in the FP line. I made FP+ for HM and POTC and ended up opting out of both when I saw the FP line was out the building... Since we had seen HEA last night, I decided to go ahead and go and was out of the park by 7:20.

Thankfully, I had gotten there for rope drop and my plans for the day were not for rides but for character meets which I was able see everyone I wanted in a reasonable amount of time and ended up actually finding Fairy Godmother which was a bonus thrill so it was a good day for me. Heading to Epcot tomorrow and I think we're going to go early instead of later.

Definitely a solid 6/10 in my opinion if not higher. I personally didn't notice a bunch of tour groups but there's definitely a lot of foreigners here right now.

Last edited:
Okay then! My, ride in the early morning and break off to a lounge in the afternoon, plan looks smarter and smarter.

OMG, did you see the data on Touring Plans from today? MK predicted 4, was actually 8. EP was predicted as 1, was actually 6!! The other two were off by 3. Wowza.

OMG, did you see the data on Touring Plans from today? MK predicted 4, was actually 8. EP was predicted as 1, was actually 6!! The other two were off by 3. Wowza.

Yes, yikes! This is making me nervous for our upcoming trip! Hope my touring plans aren't too off!

Does anyone have the actual crowd levels from December 14-21? I can’t find them anywhere.

I was just curious how crowds are now compared to our trip.

Got here the 21st and are staying through the 28th. Crowds are larger and have seen a ton a tour groups. No one has been disrespectful just hard to navigate around them. The did try and stop the exist process to count kids but a CM put a stop to that. I haven’t been since the fp plus was rolled out and am surprised how long you wait in line with a FP. Disappointed that TP was so inaccurate we used them to plan. Still having a great time though

Got here the 21st and are staying through the 28th. Crowds are larger and have seen a ton a tour groups. No one has been disrespectful just hard to navigate around them. The did try and stop the exist process to count kids but a CM put a stop to that. I haven’t been since the fp plus was rolled out and am surprised how long you wait in line with a FP. Disappointed that TP was so inaccurate we used them to plan. Still having a great time though
That’s not the norm for a FP. It shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, and it’s usually only 5 to 10. I suspect they’re not running at full capacity because they didn’t expect these crowds either.

That’s not the norm for a FP. It shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, and it’s usually only 5 to 10. I suspect they’re not running at full capacity because they didn’t expect these crowds either.

Although Disney has the master data and should have. In hind sight there was that FOP FP thread that was very active the last couple months and people were having a harder time a few months ago getting FOP than they seem to be now. Were there any park hour increases the last week? I agree that there may have been a capacity issue but it seems like Disney with their billion dollar big data scoop (MDE) should have told them that.

Although Disney has the master data and should have. In hind sight there was that FOP FP thread that was very active the last couple months and people were having a harder time a few months ago getting FOP than they seem to be now. Were there any park hour increases the last week? I agree that there may have been a capacity issue but it seems like Disney with their billion dollar big data scoop (MDE) should have told them that.
There weren’t really issues getting FoP for my trip or after, plus they’ve done 2 mass releases of FPs lately. But no, no extended hours for my trip. They did have a couple of days where they extended the day of recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter