• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know...

When we sailed in Feb., I believe they were either $12.95 or $15.95.

I think it was $12.95 and you could return it for a refund or keep it as a souvenir.

My TA just told me the first one was free but maybe she was thinking I meant using it while we were on the ship. However I want to bring it home to unlock the Disney Infinity DCL items.

My TA just told me the first one was free but maybe she was thinking I meant using it while we were on the ship. However I want to bring it home to unlock the Disney Infinity DCL items.

Your TA is right, they are free (you pay a deposit but you get it back). You only have to pay for them if you keep them. Then, as a PP stated, currently $12.95. I see Disney is putting the Infinity game kiosks on the Dream this fall, and the oceaneer bands will unlock two new areas. Pretty cool.

Right! That's what my son is wanting. I could see Disney jacking up the price of the magic bands though. We are sailing on the dream in November and are so excited for this new addition.

My kids would have loved this-- they love Disney infinity. Clearly we are cruising on the wrong ship next year.

Right! That's what my son is wanting. I could see Disney jacking up the price of the magic bands though. We are sailing on the dream in November and are so excited for this new addition.

they wont jack up the price on that band, I think they are already getting a premium at 12.95.

It brings up a good point though.

Why are they charging if you dont return them? You dont get charged at WDW and you dont return bands. Its not like they are using the same bands again, the kids get new ones.

they wont jack up the price on that band, I think they are already getting a premium at 12.95.

It brings up a good point though.

Why are they charging if you dont return them? You dont get charged at WDW and you dont return bands. Its not like they are using the same bands again, the kids get new ones.
How do you know they aren't using them again?

Unlike the magic bands at WDW (where they have the information to unlock doors, charge things, and be used as tickets), the bands on the ships only have the capability to check kids in and out of the clubs, and track what room they are in within the club space.

I'm guessing here, but, to me it seems that the bands on the ship have a chip that just has a code or number assigned to it. When you register your kids at the club that number/code is assigned to a specific child for these purposes. Once the cruise is over, the number/code registration expires, and they can use it again on the next cruise.

Can children pick a color of band they want or is it a "get what you get" situation?

What is this band and is it available on the Dream? :scratchin
It's a rubber-like wristband with an embedded chip that's issued to all kid's in Oceaneer's Club/Lab. It's used for signing in and out of the club, and tracking where within the club that the child is.

It's a rubber-like wristband with an embedded chip that's issued to all kid's in Oceaneer's Club/Lab. It's used for signing in and out of the club, and tracking where within the club that the child is.

On the Dream too?? That would be great!!! :thanks:

$12.95 each, which is already charged to your stateroom account per child signed up for activities (even those going to nursery). You can keep the bands and accept the charges, or return them the final night of the cruise and get a credit for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter