Anyone on the Waitlist for BCV Add-on?

Squidrific

<marquee><font color=red>Oh, and we hate sushi</ma
Is anyone currently on the waitlist to add-on at BCV? or has anyone recently had a waitlist come through for BCV? It seems like my 2nd add-on is taking forever and just wondering on other people's timelines. I went on the waitlist for 2 50 point contracts. I got the first one the beginning of January and have heard nothing about the 2nd one. I thought they would be at the same time or at least back-to-back on the list.

First time it took me one a month or two--this was a couple of years ago. This time around I've been on the waitlist for BCV for about 4 months. My guide said that nothing with my use year has come around. I'm about ready to try the TSS and just buy any contract that suites me, regardless of UY. Disney will only sell you your current UY.

We got on the waitlist thinking we would have a few months to save for our 50 add-on points! HA! We were called with points in four DAYS! Even though we really can't afford them, we are looking at the bright side though - we got them before the 11 month window for next year's spring break!! :cool1:

I was on the phone with MS on Tuesday doing some housekeeping--reallocating points, banking, etc. and when she told me how many points I have available at BCV, I was shocked. After a little digging she told me that my 50 pt add-on came through on Monday. I was pleased, but a little surprised as I didn't get a notification phone call. I thought I would get that call any time, so I didn't sweat it.

On Wednesday I was speaking to my credit card company about an unrelated matter and the CSR told me I had a big charge pending against my card. I thought I was becoming a victim of fraud until he told me it was from DVC! I had given my guide my cc for the add-on downpayment, but expected I'd get a call and then write a check for the balance when I signed the paperwork like I did the last time. I never told them to charge it.

So I called my guide and his message said he was out until March 12, but that he was picking up e-mails. So I sent him an e-mail and got an automated reply saying he was on DCL and that due to spotty satellite reception he may or may not be able to respond.

I still haven't heard from anybody notifying me that my points came through, and I suspect by now the charge has hit my credit card. Again, I'm please to finally get these points, but not pleased at the lack of customer service.

I was on the phone with MS on Tuesday doing some housekeeping--reallocating points, banking, etc. and when she told me how many points I have available at BCV, I was shocked. After a little digging she told me that my 50 pt add-on came through on Monday. I was pleased, but a little surprised as I didn't get a notification phone call. I thought I would get that call any time, so I didn't sweat it.

On Wednesday I was speaking to my credit card company about an unrelated matter and the CSR told me I had a big charge pending against my card. I thought I was becoming a victim of fraud until he told me it was from DVC! I had given my guide my cc for the add-on downpayment, but expected I'd get a call and then write a check for the balance when I signed the paperwork like I did the last time. I never told them to charge it.

So I called my guide and his message said he was out until March 12, but that he was picking up e-mails. So I sent him an e-mail and got an automated reply saying he was on DCL and that due to spotty satellite reception he may or may not be able to respond.

I still haven't heard from anybody notifying me that my points came through, and I suspect by now the charge has hit my credit card. Again, I'm please to finally get these points, but not pleased at the lack of customer service.

This happen to me last December, I was on the waitlist for purchasing into DVC, wanting 150pts at BCV. After speaking with my guide and a guide covering for him while he was on the cruiseship, I was told it could take up to 6 months to receive my pts. Didn't want to wait 6 months so I decided to go through the TSS and purchase a resale contract. Within a couple of weeks from signing the resale contract I received a package from DVC with the 150pts that I was waitlisted for. I couldn't believe it because I was also told that they would call me when my points came through, which they didn't. Part of this was also my mistake since I forgot to call to be removed from the waitlist. Now I had 300pts, I couldn't afford 300pts, I had to cancel the 150pts that came from Disney since I already paid a deposit to the TSS. Had to send them a letter cancelling the pts and to credit the deposit back to my CC. Disney was very understanding about the whole situation.

I talked to my guide 2 days ago. Still no points with an Aug use yr. I'll check back with her in a few weeks :)

I talked to my guide 2 days ago. Still no points with an Aug use yr. I'll check back with her in a few weeks :)

Got 150 pt (3 50pt)
And 60 pt today

That's it though I have 50 pt more in I am done. I already have 175 VWL.

I figure in 2-3 years when CRV comes along the BCV pts will be pricing at 110 (quick appreciation to 101 in June) and I will sell them all and buy into CRV at 110:cool2:

Got on the waitlist last Saturday and had my 30 points at BCV 2 days later by Monday

Feb UY

Got on the waitlist for 150 BCV points last Sunday (6 days ago.) Waiting, waiting, waiting....

We'll take any UY, June or later.

Last time I talked with my guide he said we're about number 55 to 60 on the wait list. Aarrrggh!

I was told that part of the reason I had to wait so long is that no June UY had come through. I looked at the TSS resale list and that was true. There were no June UY being sold. Finally a stripped contract came up at $92 pp. I thought Disney might use ROFR for that and I guess they did, because a week or so later I found out I had points. I dont know why June is a hot UY, but it is.

I got on the list today too. 75 BCV points with a June UY. My guide said it could be months, months, months away. Some have been waiting at least 8 months. I'm crossing my fingers.

Updated to add: I think June is a hot UY because of families (including mine) take the majority of their vacations in June, July and August. And although the 60 day rule is no longer in effect, it was when people (again like me) bought in back in 2002. So when adding on you have to have the same UY unless it's 150pts or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter