anyone on the wonder 11/21/04?

Castoff congratulations! What a beautiful place to be married.
I noticed that you're from Farmington. We're over near Geneseo.

Thanks Garfield ! We are hoping Castaway isn't to brown from all the damage from the hurricanes. I know they are working very hard to get island looking beautiful again. So your not that far from us. It will be so nice to go somewhere warm when it's cold up here huh? We are flying down the day before on Northwest. Afterwards alot of family from different areas are meeting us at the Swan resort for a wedding/Thanksgiving celebration. We are going to a theme park on friday Nov.26th then fly home on the 27th. It will be a long week. The excitement here is a understatement:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We've been away for a few days and there have been a bunch of posts on our thread. First off, congratulations castoff on your pending wedding on CC. Do they have a special palce where these are done? Our daughter wanted a disney wedding, but we we wouldn't go for it.

We started planning this cruise in March, tried to get our daughter to join us, but her husband is home between overseas deployments and they want to be home together (and she is the disney freak). Really haven't planned anything yet on shore, except for the snorkeling on CC

Hi NJHOO :wave2: It is my understanding that they only do one wedding per sailing. It is held at 10:00 AM on the deck near the heads up bar. They close all the shutters of the bar. Behind us will be the view of the ship. I think it's near the teen beach. Afterwards we have a reception on the ship at Palo's. I am still hopeful........we will be able to enjoy some time a castaway before we leave. It seems like we have been planning this for ever !!!!!!!! Can't wait till it's here. Tina

This board is quiet !!! How is everyone doing? Is everyone getting excited? You know I am.::yes:: Tina

I was sitting here today, wondering if it was too early to start packing. :crazy:

I feel like Santa.. I'm making lists and checking them twice!!!

can't wait!

We just got our marriage application in the mail today. We had to fill out and mail back. I know what you mean !! I can't wait to get are docs in the mail. Then it will seem real.:Pinkbounc :bounce: Tina

For those doing the land/sea, are you planning on going to a park for a few hours on the last day (21st)? I *really* want to spend the morning in MK or AK and get one of those "Today's My Birthday" buttons.

We'll be driving to the port, so if we're able to go to the parks that morning, we'd stay until checkout, then drive to the port. Else, we'll just start the drive over around 10-ish.

becca

May I join in? We will be on the Wonder 11/21/04 cruise, too. I just stumbled on this thread and I love the idea of "chatting" with my future cruise mates. We have two teenage sons 16 and 14 and also have a 9 year old. We've cruised a couple of times before, but this is our first Disney cruise. So exciting!

Hi all,

Looking forward to the time away, haven't had much vacation since January, only a couple of days here and there. Welcome DisneyNotes, when I first looked at your countdown I got a bit excited that we have only 33 days, but alas you are going 10 days before we are. I'm a huge college football fan, just watched your Red River Shootout, sorry about your loss to OU. Favorite team is Virginia (that's where the HOO) comes from, and we're looking at moving up in the polls the result of the Texas loss and whomever loses in the USC-Calf game.

Since we are now 43 days away, might just be time to print out the packing list to update for this trip. If you haven't cruised DCL before, the dress is certainly casual for the most part.

Is anyone interested in a meet the first day?

Count me in for the meet, too! How fun!

Thanks for the warm welcome from my fellow cruisers. Anyone on deck 8? I'll make a door sign with DisneyNotes on there somewhere so you'll know where we are.

Yes, we are leaving on the 11th. We are taking a couple of days to drive out there, then staying 5 nights at the Grand Floridian and then 3 nights at the Beach Club Villas. After the cruise, we will spend 2 nights at the Polynesian and then sadly head back for home. Vacations are fun. Coming home, unpacking and doing laundry are not.

Thanks for the tears over Saturday's game. We take these things seriously in Austin!

Welcome Disneynotes !! I think a meet would be great. I know we have to meet with the wedding coordinator on the first day for a couple of hours. Would like to figure something out.

I had an idea..............Is anyone up for a game of tag on this cruise? I just learned about it on the boards. I would make the template. You just need to make a magnet wth your screen name on it. I know my kids would have fun doing it. Tina

Hi everyone!:wave::

Welcome Disneynotes!! You're going to have a great time.

Castoff, the game of tag sounds like fun! It also gives me a good reason to make a sign for the door.

NJHOO, count me in for the meet too!

beccas, I' m not sure what we'll be doing the last day at WDW. DH thinks we should wait to see what kind of mood everyone's in that morning,then decide. I'm so excited I feel like :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc !

I'm up for a game of tag, but I don't know how to play. Can someone fill me in?

On boarding day, we are just going to relax in the hotel and then check out around 10:00 and head for Port Canaveral.

We are going to do the 2-3 hour snorkel excursion at Nassau, but just snorkel on our own and then rent water bikes at Castaway Cay.

Tag, Your It!
Hi Everyone!

We just recently got back from our 09/19 4-day cruise on the Wonder. It truly was a dream come true for our family! Since many of the ideas and helpful hints on this Board really made a positive diference in my cruising experience I thought I would share an idea that I came up with.

After reading about the magnetic door signs I came up with an idea for a fun game that would be a good way to interact with many of the DIS'ers that I met on our cruisemeets thread. I went to Home Depot and got the Alien Green mickey head, scanned it and put the phrase "Tag Your It, Pass This On To Your Fellow DIS'ers" on it and printed it on magentic paper (I than cut the paper in the shape of the Mickey Head). Many of the DIS'ers on our cruisemeets board had given each other there room #'s so our game of tag was passed on to various DIS'ers Cabins. One of the DIS'ers thought it would be great to put our screennames on the "Tag" so we would know who all had been tagged. You could imagine my enjoyment to be the last person tagged so I now have the magnet in my scrap book.

It really was a fun thing to do, so thought I would just pass it on for all you future cruisers!

Faith

I took the above directly from the post that I saw it in. Instead of giving out our cabin #'s we could just give out our deck #'s. It might be more of a hunt that way. I will bring the Mickey head that says DIS'ers on it. Tina

I made the template for tag your it. I will tell you that I am on deck 7. :teeth: I will have my door covered with other door magnets but one will say "Castoff". Now you will just have to find me.:hyper: Tina

Tag sounds like fun for the kids. We're on deck 5. My two DD's are 12 and 10. Both pretty shy, so this might get them warmed up. I'm not sure about the meet. While I would LOVE to meet everyone, I also feel like our time on the land portion of this is limited and the kids and I have a pretty long "must do" list.

We signed up for the Catamaran snorkel trip at Nassau (anyone else?) and will just relax and play at Castaway. See all of you pretty darn soon!

:boat:

We will be a little busy with wedding at Castaway Cay.:bride: :groom: Our plans for Nassau are the Dolphin Encounter and Blue Lagoon.:Pinkbounc :bounce: Last time we tried to get tickets they were sold out. I got them early this time around. Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter