Anyone on the Wonder in Alaska right now? 2023 Merch pics please!

Do people still line up to get the Alaska merchandise?

We don't have any must haves so curious if Alaska merch sells out on each cruise or can we grab stuff after the first day?
I'm also curious about this - I would love that fleece, but I'm not going to battle crowds for it. If I miss it, I will survive, it's not worth any stress for me, so I probably won't be shopping on embarkation day.

Do people still line up to get the Alaska merchandise?

We don't have any must haves so curious if Alaska merch sells out on each cruise or can we grab stuff after the first day?
Haven’t been on a Alaskan cruise yet. (First one on Monday). But we did go on the Wish back in December. There was a long line for merchandise the first day unfortunately for inaugural stuff.

They did run out of stuff after that first day. Sizes were very limited in some clothing. No more blankets, etc.

Just got off the Wonder inside passage Alaska this morning.

We were in a low & far aft veranda 5162(?). The vibration and noise were unbearable (and I work in a loud environment and sleep with earplugs). One of the crew members noticed me exiting the room to sleep in chairs throughout the ship at ~3am. The crew very kindly got us moved into a room that was just repaired (and which had not been available) further forward on 7. I'd say if you are above level 5 or 6 and forward of the aft elevators, you'll be fine. Below and aft are so bad that I'm really surprised Disney keeps the ship in service in this condition. For a while it seemed they pulled the port side propulsion system to near idle and ran the right side at full power, which made things a lot better. Rumors among the crew is that the port side propeller or shaft are damaged. To me, it did not seem to be in the propeller, but rather the engine having a bad miss, or cylinder that wasn't combusting. I'm certainly no expert on ship engines that turn at 500 RPM.

There is a Frozen Night instead of Pirate Night. I thought it was great & prefer Frozen to pirate night. We did miss the lack of fireworks, which are always a highlight.

Food was better than ever.

The Platinum level bag is nice this year.

Just got off the Wonder inside passage Alaska this morning.

We were in a low & far aft veranda 5162(?). The vibration and noise were unbearable (and I work in a loud environment and sleep with earplugs). One of the crew members noticed me exiting the room to sleep in chairs throughout the ship at ~3am. The crew very kindly got us moved into a room that was just repaired (and which had not been available) further forward on 7. I'd say if you are above level 5 or 6 and forward of the aft elevators, you'll be fine. Below and aft are so bad that I'm really surprised Disney keeps the ship in service in this condition. For a while it seemed they pulled the port side propulsion system to near idle and ran the right side at full power, which made things a lot better. Rumors among the crew is that the port side propeller or shaft are damaged. To me, it did not seem to be in the propeller, but rather the engine having a bad miss, or cylinder that wasn't combusting. I'm certainly no expert on ship engines that turn at 500 RPM.

There is a Frozen Night instead of Pirate Night. I thought it was great & prefer Frozen to pirate night. We did miss the lack of fireworks, which are always a highlight.

Food was better than ever.

The Platinum level bag is nice this year.
I think there’s a 2 week dry dock in Vancouver after the season?
This is troubling to here, if you resorted to sleeping in public space it must be bad :(

Glad to hear the food was great though! What was your favourite dish??

Rumors among the crew is that the port side propeller or shaft are damaged. To me, it did not seem to be in the propeller, but rather the engine having a bad miss, or cylinder that wasn't combusting. I'm certainly no expert on ship engines that turn at 500 RPM.
The ships are diesel/electric ie: diesel generators powering electric motors which turn the props, so what the crew stated is very possible/probable.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp...gineering-Technical-Information-July-2019.pdf

...just got off the merch FLEW off the shelves it was insane.
Lol whelp. My most important question - did the Alaska Mickey and Minnie plushies stay available? If I don’t get the stuff I want, it’s fine. But my daughter wants those, and I will do the whole “I hate this” store scuffle to get those for her if I have to.

Lol whelp. My most important question - did the Alaska Mickey and Minnie plushies stay available? If I don’t get the stuff I want, it’s fine. But my daughter wants those, and I will do the whole “I hate this” store scuffle to get those for her if I have to.

They stayed available until maybe after glacier day then they were gone

I was on the Wonder in April and I agree - very shaky in some parts of the ship, particularly in Tiana's Place. I can't speak to how it affected me getting my land legs back after debarkation, as I always experience some degree of "mal de debarquement" syndrome. This time it took about a week for me to stop feeling like I was still on the boat.

ETA: I also fall in the precise demographic of people who are likely to suffer mal de debarquement symptoms - I'm a woman between the age of 30 and 60 and I have a history of chronic migraine, which has been linked to mal de debarquement in some studies. I haven't really met anyone else who experiences it to the degree that I do.
Wow, that is something I didn't know. My family thought I was crazy because none of them had any after effects. But I also suffer from chronic migraines and I am in that age range. At least now I know to expect it after cruising. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter