• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Planning International Travel for August Now That Restrictions Have Loosened?

G
If you’re close to a border, perhaps consider flying back stateside and getting a shuttle service to take you across the border. We are going in a few weeks and will fly back to Detroit. We will make arrangements to get one of the rapid tests at a nearby walgreens. There are several locations near the airport. only risk is if we can’t get results same day in which case we will just spend the night in a hotel and return home the following day.
Great idea...but I already have the return booked from Orlando to Pearson. And if I test positive while at Disney (and can't board the flight home to Canada), I doubt I could then book a flight to, say buffalo or Detroit?

And masks are back on, indoors at WDW and DL starting Friday - indoor also means "upon entering and throughout an attraction"

I guess here is a good place to discuss this since it’s international travel related. The UK is allowing vaccinated travellers from the USA to visit without quarantines but not Canadians? Why?
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6120715

I wonder if it is because both the US and the EU have a standardized proof of vaccination: according to media reporting, the UK is accepting the CDC white card from US travellers and the EU Digital Covid Certificate for EU travelers.

In contrast, in Canada there is not a single national standardized proof of vaccination, rather a different certificate for each province/territory and many people only have the receipt(s) they were given at the pharmacy, which in some cases may not be the proper government-issued vaccine receipt/certificate, it may just be the pharmacy receipt.

SW

Going to WDW in late August.

We are getting our antigen test at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Can someone please tell me where you present your antigen test results at Pearson Airport? We are flying Air Canada.

Is it at the AC counter luggage check in, and/or US customs, or somewhere else?
Thanks

Going to WDW in late August.

We are getting our antigen test at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Can someone please tell me where you present your antigen test results at Pearson Airport? We are flying Air Canada.

Is it at the AC counter luggage check in, and/or US customs, or somewhere else?
Thanks
When flying AirCanada, you will be given the option to upload the results to the app while doing your check-in OR at the airport at the AirCanada counter. The ability to upload forms is a pilot project, only available when using the app, and you still need to bring copies just in case.

In addition to the test results, you also need to upload a "declaration" that you are meeting CDC requirements https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Fillable-Attestation-English-p.pdf

When flying AirCanada, you will be given the option to upload the results to the app while doing your check-in OR at the airport at the AirCanada counter. The ability to upload forms is a pilot project, only available when using the app, and you still need to bring copies just in case.

In addition to the test results, you also need to upload a "declaration" that you are meeting CDC requirements https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Fillable-Attestation-English-p.pdf

Thanks!

I wonder if it is because both the US and the EU have a standardized proof of vaccination: according to media reporting, the UK is accepting the CDC white card from US travellers and the EU Digital Covid Certificate for EU travelers.

In contrast, in Canada there is not a single national standardized proof of vaccination, rather a different certificate for each province/territory and many people only have the receipt(s) they were given at the pharmacy, which in some cases may not be the proper government-issued vaccine receipt/certificate, it may just be the pharmacy receipt.

SW
That actually makes perfect sense. It would also explain why we aren’t hearing a reason in our media. If it’s due to Canada’s proof of vaccination program not being ready, I doubt our government wants to broadcast that.

Well it certainly isn’t based on vaccine rates or science :rolleyes:.
I don’t know, just guessing….but I think most of Europe doesn’t recognize the AZ vaccine made in India, vs the Oxford one. And we got the AZ from India.

mine was made in the USA so... not sure that's accurate? And it really only impacts a fairly small percentage of Canadians who even got AZ.
Interesting. It was just a guess. I was watching the news hour a few days ago and they were talking about EU not recognizing AZ made in India and that’s where Canada’s came from mostly.

Interesting. It was just a guess. I was watching the news hour a few days ago and they were talking about EU not recognizing AZ made in India and that’s where Canada’s came from mostly.

I'm not sure, who knows really. maybe they are just going to let us all in sooner than later since we're doing so well (compared to other countries at the moment and ignoring a few hot spots). I keep hoping they'll just let us get a 3rd dose of the mRNA or something... anything to help sort the situation out.

I'm not sure, who knows really. maybe they are just going to let us all in sooner than later since we're doing so well (compared to other countries at the moment and ignoring a few hot spots). I keep hoping they'll just let us get a 3rd dose of the mRNA or something... anything to help sort the situation out.
I’m expecting that we’re going to have to get booster annually just like the flu shot.

mine was made in the USA so... not sure that's accurate? And it really only impacts a fairly small percentage of Canadians who even got AZ.
Interesting I just looked up my Lot # and mine was made in the USA too .

My AZ was made in the USA as well. I think the UK thing has more to do with us not having one consistent vaccine certificate (each province has their own).

How do you look up the info to find out where your Az vaccine was produced?
All I have is a Lot #
AstraZeneca Covid 19 Non-rep VV
Thanks
Mel

Google is your friend
https://www.nationalworld.com/healt...f-you-got-vaxzevria-or-covishield-jab-3294005
The EU Digital Covid Certificate is now in operation to allow travel without the requirement to quarantine, but it will reportedly not recognize the Indian-made AstraZeneca vaccines with the batch numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.

Thanks Hdrolfe I'll have a look

Edited to add...................................
Looks like mine was made in India,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh dear..............:(

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter