Anyone planning on going to Dapper Day in September?

It's a perfect match to the dress. I'm having trouble finding what I need. I'm doing a Peter Pan themed disneybound, and I'm worried all the hat ideas I've got are going to make me look like a Christmas tree.

It's a perfect match to the dress. I'm having trouble finding what I need. I'm doing a Peter Pan themed disneybound, and I'm worried all the hat ideas I've got are going to make me look like a Christmas tree.

That sounds awesome! The Peter Pan, I mean, not the Christmas tree :rotfl:. Here's a fascinator from Pinterest:
1b79e149d261cb7d642c83c8e09eb9f8.jpg

I love this one on Etsy:

il_570xN.475447557_dgik.jpg

Or you could just add some green feathers, leaves, ribbon, netting or whatever to make your own!

fascinator-030-1.jpg

I've been combing etsy for days -- I've got a bunch of supplies in my cart, but the second one down would actually be just right. Do you have a link for that one (or a shop name?)

I've been combing etsy for days -- I've got a bunch of supplies in my cart, but the second one down would actually be just right. Do you have a link for that one (or a shop name?)

Here you go! http://www.etsy.com/listing/155605949/lost-girl-cocktail-hat-teardrop

ETA: it says there is only 1 and it's $32.99

Another edit to say if you can't get that one/don't want to pay that much and you like it, I think it would be easy to make. I could do it for you, for instance!

I got my new slips today! Fun!!! I got a black crinoline and a white one because I couldn't decide which one I wanted :confused3. I also played around a little with hair and makeup...like about 15 minutes worth combined...and it was so much fun! But I think I'm going to have to work on the makeup. It seemed like so much but in the pictures it doesn't look much different except that my lips are red. I just clipped up my hair in kind of rolly things and put a scarf around it to get an idea.

Hey, Pinup! Guess what? I couldn't get my bird dress to fit right so I cut off the top! Ha ha. Here is the result (I pulled the slip down so you could see, but normally it wouldn't be hanging out like that):

skirtmakeup_zps98ce74ef.jpg

outfit_zps2d29ad82.jpg

Makeup still needs some work, but the dapper people are doing my lashes and liner so that's the hardest part. I need some serious brow work, though. I've no clue what to do with mine.

DizMe said:
I got my new slips today! Fun!!! I got a black crinoline and a white one because I couldn't decide which one I wanted :confused3. I also played around a little with hair and makeup...like about 15 minutes worth combined...and it was so much fun! But I think I'm going to have to work on the makeup. It seemed like so much but in the pictures it doesn't look much different except that my lips are red. I just clipped up my hair in kind of rolly things and put a scarf around it to get an idea.

Hey, Pinup! Guess what? I couldn't get my bird dress to fit right so I cut off the top! Ha ha. Here is the result (I pulled the slip down so you could see, but normally it wouldn't be hanging out like that):

Makeup still needs some work, but the dapper people are doing my lashes and liner so that's the hardest part. I need some serious brow work, though. I've no clue what to do with mine.

A true fashionista, restyling clothes to suit you! It looks great :-)

FWIW, crinolines look cute when they peek out a little.

As for the eyebrows, I am still trying to master mine, but Benefit has a Brow Bar that maybe could help....

I wish I didn't have to work Friday so I could help with makeup...but I will will be at the Dapper Event by lunch :-)

Cute pics DizMe!! I can totally tell you have makeup on! It looks great! I think having our lashes and liner done will make a big difference. That's the hardest part.

My 2nd Dapper dress and hat came in the mail! I sent it off for a few alterations. I'm almost ready! Less than a month now!!:thumbsup2

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/Disneyluvr2/media/Dapperdress1.jpg.html

I got my new slips today! Fun!!! I got a black crinoline and a white one because I couldn't decide which one I wanted :confused3. I also played around a little with hair and makeup...like about 15 minutes worth combined...and it was so much fun! But I think I'm going to have to work on the makeup. It seemed like so much but in the pictures it doesn't look much different except that my lips are red. I just clipped up my hair in kind of rolly things and put a scarf around it to get an idea...
Oh my gosh, ladies! You both look great! Would love to see you in person when you're both here. Great outfits!

- Dreamd

So I bought a dress that might work for daytime but question for you Dapper Ladies: should any dress go past my knees?

Where do you all find your gorgeous dresses? You all look wonderful BTW! I've been twice to Dapper Days, (by accident both times!) and it was SO fun to see everyone all dressed up (especially little ones). I wish everyone would dress like this all the time! So classy =)

So I bought a dress that might work for daytime but question for you Dapper Ladies: should any dress go past my knees?

It's totally up to you. You get to do whatever you want! We are going to go the vintage route but you certainly don't have to...the point is simply to dress your best to go out, the way they did when Disneyland was young. I enjoy the opportunity to dress from a different era but it's really anything goes!

Where do you all find your gorgeous dresses? You all look wonderful BTW! I've been twice to Dapper Days, (by accident both times!) and it was SO fun to see everyone all dressed up (especially little ones). I wish everyone would dress like this all the time! So classy =)

Thank you!! I know disneyluvr2 introduced me to a site called modcloth. They have a lot of cute vintage clothes. Another poster (and I'm sorry, I don't remember who it was) told us about eshakti.com and that's where I got my dresses because they had a buy 2-get 1 free offer that I couldn't resist. There are lots of great internet sites out there for cute vintage dresses. Try searching vintage, rockabilly, 50s, flapper, etc. Ebay also has some really cute things.

If I was younger, I'd love to go with the Lolita, Gothic Lolita, or Cosplay looks but I'm a bit long in the tooth for those styles now, sigh.

DizMe said:
Disneyluvr2, did you see this little gem on etsy?

How cute, Mary Poppins!

I have seen some really pretty fascinators with mouse ears on Etsy too.

I think I am going decorate mouse ears or pick up a pair of the fancy feathered ones this weekend. Also need to start planning DD (3) outfit, maybe sailor dress... And I still have yet to decide on what to wear myself. (Yikes!)

Oh my gosh, ladies! You both look great! Would love to see you in person when you're both here. Great outfits!

- Dreamd

Dreams, are you going to be there? I think we might be planning a DIS meet. We'd love to see you and say hi!:wave2:

OK, everyone -- help me out.

This is the dress I plan to wear:
http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0026592/Radiating print retro frock

And these are the hat options. The first few are green, the last two are red. I'm starting to lean towards one of the red ones. What do you guys think? And if I wear a red hat, can I pair it with a green handbag? And if I wear a green hat, how important is it that the green of the hat match the green of the bag?

1. http://www.etsy.com/listing/156009361/1930s-1940s-fascinator-headpiece-kelly?ref=col_view

2. http://www.etsy.com/listing/154836405/vintage-womans-1960s-hat-souwester-in?ref=col_view

3. http://www.etsy.com/listing/101921922/vintage-hat-50s-juliet-cap-shiny-spring?ref=col_view

4. http://www.etsy.com/listing/130920270/great-vintage-50s-huge-emerald-green?ref=col_view

5. http://www.etsy.com/listing/122210230/vintage-red-velvet-hat-with-grosgrain?ref=col_view

FWIW, I am buying this handbag, and kind of can't wait to receive it!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/150984439/vintage-garay-faux-leather-handbag-purse?ref=col_view

Thank you ladies -- getting dressed is so difficult! :laundy:

Ok, sorry, but I'm a very visual person and so I'm going to line them all out to look at.

ppdress_zps6ac12b47.jpg
il_570xN.476972054_6t4n.jpg
il_570xN.472582013_c8ol.jpg
il_570xN.344659369.jpg
il_570xN.422287356_hpvj.jpg

WOW!!!! They are all so cute!!!! I love the look. Since you're doing a Peter Pan disbound, I'd go with one of the green ones and put a red feather on it. I forgot to post the green flower, btw, because I liked the hats. Sorry! Anyway, I love the 2nd and 3rd hats best but they're all fabulous!! I think any of the greens would work with your dress. The dress has different shades of green in it so that helps!

ETA: I could only see a tiny picture of the purse but it looks really cute!! I also have to tell you that I'm very old school and much more matchy and true-to-original than most people these days, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter