• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone receive calls about a dinner?

WheresPerry

Home Resort Saratoga Springs
I have received calls twice now. With someone saying to come have a free dinner cause we are dvc owners to discuss new options and rules. Is this legit? Or some scammers?

Smells like a scam to me.

Or at the very least they want to sell you another timeshare.

I have received calls twice now. With someone saying to come have a free dinner cause we are dvc owners to discuss new options and rules. Is this legit? Or some scammers?

I get them all the time. They are something with RCI. I keep telling them I have no need for RCI.

I get them too. One time the guy told me they were offering a seminar to help me get the most out of my timeshare and that they could help me rent it out or sell it if I was no longer using it. :rotfl2:

Check caller ID. If the area code is 407 and the exchange is 560, 566, 934, or 939 there is a strong probability that it is a Disney number.

Disney doesn't need to offer free dinners to sell anyone a timeshare.

It's someone else trying to sell you something.

:earsboy: Bill

I got that same call. I'm sure it was a scam. Only they said lots of people were complaining about the ever rising maintenance fees and they were going to discuss this. I asked them straight out which company are they representing and they couldn't or wouldn't give me a straight answer.
I told them I was happy with my timeshare. If they were selling, I was not buying. If they were buying I was not selling. They politely said good bye and hung up.

I got a call from Hilton Vacations offering me a free stay in Orlando. He asked me what I liked to do in Orlando. I said stay at my Disney Vacation Club Resort.....:rotfl2:

I got a call from Hilton Vacations offering me a free stay in Orlando. He asked me what I liked to do in Orlando. I said stay at my Disney Vacation Club Resort.....:rotfl2:

We took advantage of this offer during our last stay and were pleased with our experience. $ for $ I prefer spending my money on DVC points but the free stay was worth the investment in time and airline tickets.

We are Hilton Honors. So we get this offer from time to time. But we took advantage of it a few years ago and added a few more nights on our WDW trip. Plus they gave us free Seaworld tickets and we never had been to Seaworld.

Now we are getting them from Holiday Inn Vacations, too, because I am a member of that hotel club, too.

Not only are they not quite legitimate, they're not legitimate with OLD information. They told us they wanted to discuss our timeshare at Wilderness Lodge. Well, we sold our points at Wilderness Lodge over 9 years ago!

Check caller ID. If the area code is 407 and the exchange is 560, 566, 934, or 939 there is a strong probability that it is a Disney number.

Not necessarily, Orlando is the timeshare capitol of the world where many timeshare companies are headquartered. I get calls all the time from Marriott Vacations, Hilton and Westgate, all with 407 area codes.

Not necessarily, Orlando is the timeshare capitol of the world where many timeshare companies are headquartered. I get calls all the time from Marriott Vacations, Hilton and Westgate, all with 407 area codes.

If the area code is 407 and the exchange is 560, 566, 934, or 939 there is a strong probability that it is a Disney number.

The above exchanges are on Disney property or affiliated with Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter