Anyone report back on recent experiences for the Edge

pettums

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled to go on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving. We have two 13-year olds who are looking so much forward to going to the Edge. HOWEVER, I can find very little in recent trip reports about it. It doesn't seem to be on any of the navigator app screenshots. So I was wondering if anyone could fill in the details...In particular, we are interested in what happens the first night and whether icebreakers is running,,,.

We are scheduled to go on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving. We have two 13-year olds who are looking so much forward to going to the Edge. HOWEVER, I can find very little in recent trip reports about it. It doesn't seem to be on any of the navigator app screenshots. So I was wondering if anyone could fill in the details...In particular, we are interested in what happens the first night and whether icebreakers is running,,,.
My daughter was in the Vibe on the 9/6 sailing. I'm assuming things are run similar for the Edge. They are not listing Edge or Vibe activities in the Navigator, a major source of frustration for my daughter. She asked about certain activities and was told whether or not they would be occurring but not when. So she missed out on some things she wanted to do because she didn't know when to be at the club.

I can confirm the Icebreakers and Download did occur in the Vibe on the first night, but they didn't list it in the Navigator. DD reported that some kids arrived at the Vibe late for those because the YA staff wasn't communicating what time to be there. We knew just from prior cruises that they would start shortly after the 2nd dinner seating, and she went up early to make sure she was there in time.

Any updated experiences that folks can post for the tween/teen clubs?

We were on the Dream 4-night and I had one kid who spent a lot of time there. There were some structured activities, but no schedule posted because they didn't want everyone showing up at once. He just popped in there several times, and he really enjoyed it. He loves games and sports and competition, and was enamored with the video games since we don't have them at home. I just asked, and he said his favorite structured things included charades, scattergories, and a foosball tournament.

Just got off the dream a week ago. They didn’t post anything in the navigator for edge, but they did post the days activities on a dry erase board at the entrance. Seemed to be a good variety. Foosball/Ping ball tournament, video game tournaments, scavenger hunt, ice breaker on first night, karaoke, crafts, dance parties. I think that covers most of everything they did on certain days.

My kid loved it. We had to pull him away some nights from it just to do dinner with us lol. I will say they do put a sign up when the club has met capacity. Only time my son saw it was on sea day in the middle of the day. Could go in any other time no problem.

Just got off the dream a week ago. They didn’t post anything in the navigator for edge, but they did post the days activities on a dry erase board at the entrance. Seemed to be a good variety. Foosball/Ping ball tournament, video game tournaments, scavenger hunt, ice breaker on first night, karaoke, crafts, dance parties. I think that covers most of everything they did on certain days.

My kid loved it. We had to pull him away some nights from it just to do dinner with us lol. I will say they do put a sign up when the club has met capacity. Only time my son saw it was on sea day in the middle of the day. Could go in any other time no problem.
This is good info. Thanks for sharing.

We were on the Fantasy in December and my daughter (11 turning 12) absolutely LOVED the Edge. I think - even pre-Covid - whether a kid enjoyed the Edge or not depended on a) the other kids there and b) your kid's personality. For us, DD is very outgoing and eager to make friends...but I think it is harder for a shyer child b/c they definitely don't have *as many* organized activities as the Kids Club does. DD did say they had some organized games and karaoke, but her favorite thing was something called "the Vibe takeover"...where the Edge kids were allowed to go hang out in Vibe (w/o the Vibe aged children present). I believe the Vibe does the same with the Edge. That was the only specific activity I ever saw listed on the navigator in advance.

My son loved it. Not a ton of scheduled activities, but he played lots of Foosball.

He was not impressed with the teen hideout on CC and ended up just going back to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter