Anyone request connecting rms and not get it?

fantasymagic

<font color=deeppink>Prefers fantasy to reality<br
My dh, 16yo ds, 13 yo ds, and 6 yo dd and 78 yo df--total of 6 in our party had reservations for 2 connecting rooms at CBR. Then, when codes came out today, I made new reservations for POFQ (because it's smaller, thought it would be better for df with less walking).

Anyway, the CM I talked to today at Walt Disney Travel Co. said they couldn't guarantee connecting rooms if there were more than 2 adults in a party. She said guaranteeing connnecting rooms was only if there were only 2 adults and more than 2 children.

She said she would note my request and that my 78 yo df may need my assistance to increase my chances of getting connecting rooms.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

Yes, I was told that twice when I requested connecting rooms. I got them with no problem both times.

connecting rooms for 2 parties of 2 adults each and didn't get them.
Not that big of a deal. We did get rooms side by side. But not connecting.
But they did meet our other requests.
I couldn't quite figure out why we didn't. There was only one night later in the week that the connecting room next to us was used. :confused:
I THINK the other room would not have had a good, clear view of the lagoon. (Not that it made any difference since our windows were always 100% fogged/misted over anyway. :rolleyes: ) But that's my only guess.

We requested connecting rooms once and did not get them. Instead we got adjoining rooms - side by side. The other trips we got the connecting rooms.

Keep in mind that if you do not get them when you arrive for the first night ...you can asked to be moved as soon as "connecting rooms" are available. But, that means you have to decide whether you want to be moved or not. Some prefer to just stay.

Disney typically does try to honor your requests. I have found them to be very good at doing that. Sending pixie dust your way and hoping it all works out for you.

You will like POFQ as it is quite a bit smaller. You might want to request either bldg. 4 or 5. They are the most central to the pool, food court and bus stop. Actually bldg. 4 is probably the closest to the food court and bus stop which might be important for you.

Don't forget to go down to Riverside. They have 6 more pools and Old Man island, plus a fishing hole (for a fee, of course).

Make sure that connecting rooms is listed first if you make more than one request. If all of your requests cannot be met, Disney assumes they are listed in the order of importance. We loved POFQ. Hope you do, too.

sometimes it depends on the room confiquration you request. I believe at AKL bunk bed rooms connect to king-bed rooms so you woln't be able to get 2 bunk bed rooms connecting.

Good luck to you!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter