Anyone seen anything about the "I'm going to Disney World" Super Bowl tradition?

The Expert

Has been to every Disney park in the world
As a Chiefs fan, I was bummed I wasn't physically able to get to Orlando for the Mahomes parade last year. With all that's going on, no scheduled parades happening and the NFL's protocols, I'm wondering if this will even happen or if they'll try to somehow still make it happen? Has anyone seen anything? (And yes, I made a park reservation for MK on Feb 8 just in case but not holding my breath.)

As a Chiefs fan, I was bummed I wasn't physically able to get to Orlando for the Mahomes parade last year. With all that's going on, no scheduled parades happening and the NFL's protocols, I'm wondering if this will even happen or if they'll try to somehow still make it happen? Has anyone seen anything? (And yes, I made a park reservation for MK on Feb 8 just in case but not holding my breath.)
I haven't heard anything and Google doesn't display any results for this year. However, I was talking to someone in another thread about this, pondering if it'd happen. It sounds like the parade they usually have is more comparable to a character cavalcade rather than an actual parade, so... There's hope it could happen! I hope it works out for you. Would be fun to see your favorite team/player the day after they won the Super bowl at Disney World.

Also, with the game in tampa, there wouldn't be much added risk to get them over to Orlando, ie. No extra flights or airports to worry about.

Just popping in to say hi from a fellow Chiefs fan! I was sooo tempted to hop on a plane and head down for the parade last year. But just couldn't.

I live all the way out in Salt Lake, so I literally could not physically get there in time last year.

I haven't heard anything and Google doesn't display any results for this year. However, I was talking to someone in another thread about this, pondering if it'd happen. It sounds like the parade they usually have is more comparable to a character cavalcade rather than an actual parade, so... There's hope it could happen! I hope it works out for you. Would be fun to see your favorite team/player the day after they won the Super bowl at Disney World.

Also, with the game in tampa, there wouldn't be much added risk to get them over to Orlando, ie. No extra flights or airports to worry about.

These are my same thoughts!

Doesn't mean there won't be an impromptu appearance. Never say never!😎
There won’t be. Outside of Disney fans a lot of people thinks is very irresponsible the parks are open at all- Disney does NOT need to rock that boat even more. Staying under the radar is their best play, use this as a chance to get people excited for a summer or fall or holiday trip.

I think the only thing Monday will bring is a bunch of disappointed football fans if they show up to MK expecting anything- but odds of that are low considering MK is once again open in all buckets.

Disney specifically said they hope to continue the tradition next year. Imho that was huge. An actual time guesstimate by The Mouse of “normalcy”...

I was there last year...So much to celebrate!
The confetti was collected & saved for Good Luck
Only Disney can make confetti Magic and sparkly!
9F78EF93-A7C7-47AF-9ABC-A7840C360FE2.pngEDE220D3-686C-4E88-AED2-EABEF09AA74F.png53F07ED5-667E-49F8-A3EF-8AA0C3194622.png

Last edited:
KCChiefs Fans Visit Union Station Today for fun photo opps to start your celebration!
More info just google...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter