Anyone stay at Hyatt Regency Airport?

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Am looking at the Hyatt in the airport for late night check in, early morning flight out at end of stay. Anyone ever stayed here? I'm hoping to be right in the terminal so I can return my car, walk to the hotel through the terminal (without going outside) and get up at the crack of dawn and walk to the terminal for my flight. They say they are IN the terminal, but so did the rservation clerk at the Marriott airport, and my info says they are 2 1/2 miles away. Got at rate at Hyatt for 129.00+ which is worth the convenience for me if it opens into the airport - just like to double check their info with you guys-thanks!

We are planning the same thing!! Our flight leaves MCO at 7 am, so we plan to get to the airport after E-night, drop the car and spend the night at the Hyatt. That sounds like the same price we are paying, too.

It sounds like we did what you are planning, only in reverse. We stayed at the Hyatt in November. It is, indeed, right in the terminal. It was very convenient. Our plane arrived at midnight and I knew that my 8 year old nephew would be needing a bed in a hurry, so we stayed our first night there before moving to WDW the next day.

I would have no problem with staying there again. The rooms were nice and large (the bathrooms were great--they had a tub/shower combination *and* a separate walk-in shower), the hotel was beautiful, and the staff was very nice.

The hotel was very easy to find (just follow the signs inside the airport). The next morning I walked to pick up my rental car (stopping for breakfast at one of the airport food courts) and we were on our way!

Thanks Robin - that's exactly what I needed to know - sounds like it will work just great for what I need!

May I ask where you got the $129 price for Hyatt? We are staying for 1 night when we arrive at MCO and are paying $159 with AAA discount.

Thanks,
Kimberly

That was the AAA rate I was quoted for very end of August - that's usually a value season. I did get some good Ent rates at both the Renaissance and the Marriott - they are both just a couple of miles from the airport - I'd do that if I were flying in (unless it was late at night), but I'm flying out so I wanted to be in the airport so I wouldn't have to drive in early in the morning (a little more sleep time).

I just checked my ressie, and it has 2 rates on it: Daily rate: $119, Total rate: $114. That is with AAA discount. Either way, it's a deal to just be able to roll out of bed for our 7 am flight.

I did this in August when I had an 8 AM flight traveling by myself with 10 year old. It worked great. We just got in the hotel elevator and pushed the button that said terminal, went down a few floors, and we were in the airport terminal. We walked around the corner and the ticket counters were right there. Very convenient and actually cheaper than staying at Disney the extra night. We had taken a towncar to WDW and I was so afraid they wouldn't get us to the airport on time so early in the morning and it sure beat getting up an hour or two earlier. The airport has lots of places to eat and stores to browse in.

Our nonstop Southwest flight always arrives late at night, so we frequently stay at the Hyatt. It sure is convenient. We also have Tiffany Towncar pick us up at the Hyatt and a few days later drop us at the airport so that we don't need a car. They have a food court downstairs and roomservice for early breakfasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter