Anyone stay at Port Orleans Riverside lately?

lisaradz

Mouseketeer
The reviews on TripAdvisor are terrible and we will be staying there in two weeks. It’s making me nervous.

The reviews on TripAdvisor are terrible and we will be staying there in two weeks. It’s making me nervous.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I did a quick read of some of the lower star recent reviews for Port Orleans and its seems like most are mad they had to wear masks( ???) or didn't understand the current cleaning service and trash policies. Probably just the kind of people who like to complain about everything even though they didn't do their research.

Theres no argument Disney is experiencing a staffing shortage right now, but thats affects all resorts. If anything is wrong with your room let the front desk know and try to be patient while they address it.

I was there for a 3 night staycation week before Thanksgiving. No complaints. Room was ready around 1:30. Everything was clean. Food court was up and running - multiple stations were open and had a decent size menu. It was obvious that the resort was not fully opened up yet as there were always plenty of tables no waiting for food either at the counter or mobile ordering.

Buses returning from the parks at closing time were paired with French Quarter but not crowded at all.

I knew housekeeping would only come in on the second day, so I was prepared for that. She emptied the trash, cleaned the vanity, refreshed the towels and resupplied the in-room coffee. She made up the bed too which is not supposed to be part of the limited service.

My preference is Coronado (I did Christmas there! Loved that too), but I have no complaints at all.

Enjoy your stay!

Reviews have been low at a lot of Disney resorts recently because of the less frequent housekeeping. The rooms have been clean and in good shape when you arrive. My only real complaint is that some of the quick service dining has been closing early so you don't have a place to eat late at night.

My family of 5 stayed for 6 nights the week before Thanksgiving and had a great time. I think our trash was emptied once and we had to call for towels a few times. I know they are short staffed so I didn’t let it bother me. Busses were great (first pick up of the day was typically 2 hours before official park opening), dining was good, boat to Disney Springs was nice. I think you’ll have a wonderful time!

POR is our favorite moderate! It is beautiful and we find it very relaxing. As PP said, I also think their food court has many good options. The only negative that it is a bit spread out, but many of the resorts are. In the past we’ve requested a mansion room rather than alligator bayou, and I think that helps a bit. Although, our daughter really loved the princess-and-the-frog themed pull-down bed in the bayou room!

Enjoy it!!

My family of 5 stayed for 6 nights the week before Thanksgiving and had a great time. I think our trash was emptied once and we had to call for towels a few times. I know they are short staffed so I didn’t let it bother me. Busses were great (first pick up of the day was typically 2 hours before official park opening), dining was good, boat to Disney Springs was nice. I think you’ll have a wonderful time!
Thank you for this review. It's putting my mind at ease.

We stayed for 3 nights during the first week of November. All staff we interacted with were super kind and really seemed happy to be back at POR! Our only "problem" was we had no housekeeping during our 3 night stay, and I was under the impression that it was every other night. It was quickly solved with a call to housekeeping for more towels and trash bags so I really don't consider it too big a problem at all.

Room in Magnolia Bend section was super close to pathways over to food court/lobby and also close to bus stop and bus service was great for us during our stay!

I was there in mid November for 10 nights. Our second time staying at POR, it was fantastic again. I was skeptical about staying in the mansions, as we really loved Alligator Bayou the first time round, but we had a great corner room, and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a minor incident with the room behind us having left their two dogs in the room all day, but it was resolved by Hotel management. Housekeeping was there every other day like clockwork, and even though they said they wouldn't they did change the sheets and make the bed for us once. Ignore those reviews! POR is fantastic.

We were just there before Christmas. It was a beautiful stay. I cannot think of one thing to complain about. The grounds are beautiful. We had the dog so took lots of walks at night. It was so peaceful and magical. Since my husband is disabled we used the car to go to the parks so not sure how the bus waits were. I cannot wait to go back. CMs were great. If you are going for NYE it should be fun. Have a Beignet for me when you go to French Quarter.

I just went to Trip Advisor to check the reviews. Weird update from hotel is on the site where you check availability "

Update from hotel: This property is temporarily closed until 12/29/2021. So what is that all about...does it mean no vacancy? It has been open for months and so has French Quarter.

I just went to Trip Advisor to check the reviews. Weird update from hotel is on the site where you check availability "

Update from hotel: This property is temporarily closed until 12/29/2021. So what is that all about...does it mean no vacancy? It has been open for months and so has French Quarter.
That's really strange. I just saw the same thing. I tried to google information but couldn't find anything current about it being closed.

That's really strange. I just saw the same thing. I tried to google information but couldn't find anything current about it being closed.
Evidently they just are not updating the info on Trip Advisor. Port Orleans is open. They had NYE party last night at Riverside and French Quarter.

It seems trip adviser gets alot of negative complaints/reviews about everything!
I wouldn't give too much credit to their complaining. POR is our favorite resort too and it is absolutely beautiful. You will have a great time:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter