Anyone stay at the Radisson after the cruise?

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
DH and I were discussing where to stay after our 4 day cruise. He's all Disney'd (and theme park'd) out as it is so I didn't bother suggesting something onsite or at Universal, even though I'd love to try the Hard Rock and in fact have a room on hold there. Anyway, we thought about Vero Beach but we are fresh out of points and I thought if we had to pay cash then let's stay someplace where we don't have to rent a car and drive for an hour or more. I thought the Radisson hotel might do.

The description on the website of the king jacuzzi 2 room suites sound wonderful! Anybody ever stay in one? The price is right too. I was thinking that we could spend a couple of days there and then have the towncar pick us up and take us back to the airport. Is there enough to do in the area? I was thinking KSC one day and relaxing by the pool the next. Any opinions? Thanks in advance guys!

We stayed at The Radisson prior to our crusie in January and are staying there again in the 1 bedroom jacuzzi suite for our June 7th Cruise, it's a great place to stay. The room was wonderful and the pool was great. I really didn't think that there was that much to do in the area, with the exception of visiting Ron Jon's quickly and the beach. Of course NASA is great, but you need a car. As long as you like hanging by the pool, you'll be just fine.
Carolyn

Thanks so much Carolyn. This is just what I wanted to hear! The rooms on the website look great but I know sometimes looks can be deceiving. We really want to relax after the cruise (which I hope is relaxing in and of itself) so laying out by the pool sounds great. I think I read that there is an Avis desk at the Radisson so if we want to visit KSC, I figure we could rent a car for the day.

Anyone else stay at the Radisson and want to comment on it?

We stay there prior to our 3/29 cruise - it was great - nice pool.

On other trips we have visited KSC and it is well worth a day going over there.

DW, DS (12), DD(7), and I stayed there the nite before our September cruise and thought so highly of it that we booked two evenings immediately after the cruise...the two bedroom jacuzzi suite has tv in each rm, a kitchen, and large dbl French doors separating the two rms…the Jacuzzi was large enough for the four of us…can’t say enough about the place…very nice pool with water fall and a poolside bar…also highly recommend the hotel restaurant…we spent one day at a local beach and many hours just hanging at the hotel pool….didn’t see much else to do locally (but to be fair, we weren’t really looking – so you may want to contact the local chamber of commerce before heading down there. I’m sure if you search for their number or web site they will send you a package full of things to do…we do this often when traveling and have always received excellent maps, discount coupons, etc.)…I’ve stayed at nicer hotels, but this is BY FAR the nicest for the price we paid…enjoy

Also, forgot to mention free parking and shuttle service to the ship…noticed that you are from cleve…we are near Pittsburgh…just thought I’d ask, what does your husband do all winter long with no football team to watch (hehehe)

Hi Lisa. We are going to be staying overnight at the Radisson this August, so I cannot give a personal recommendation - yet. As far as the "area" is concerned, relatively closeby is The Lone Cabbage Fish Camp. Quite an interresting place. The family can take an airboat ride (the guide we had was informative and humorous), get a down-home local lunch and/or dinner (they even offer such specialties as gator burgers and frog legs) and - if anyone wishes - you can go fishing right off the dock...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter