Anyone stay in a family resort at All Star resorts?

nathaliabrown

Mouseketeer
Getting things together so I can make my payments next month for Next years trip.

There is 6 of us. We are wanting to go checking in Nov 21 2014. It seems this year free dinning ending around that time so I am hoping we will get it this year so we will have it for our trip!! ( completely went off topic here lol)

The issue is we have 6 people and the cheapest route is a family resort at the moderate. But it says it comes with :

All Star - Family Suite
View Photos
Views of the Pool, Courtyard or Parking Area
1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Ottoman
Sleeps up to 6

Will this be comfortable? Its me, DH, my mom, DD15, DD6, DS8.

Our only other option is to get two rooms which is more $. I would love to stay at port Orleans so we get the free Dinning Plus but the biggest it sleeps is 5.

Has anyone stayed here?

Be sure to check the rates again... two rooms is sometimes cheaper than a suite. Last May we were about to book a suite in Music but the CM said 2 standard rooms in Sports would be cheaper. You're not guaranteed to get connecting rooms, but that wasn't an issue for us and we ended up separated by 1 room.

Just to clarify: you are talking about a Family SUITE at a VALUE resort.
They are not all that large, but are designed for 6 people. Whether or not they are 'comfortable' is subjective. I have no idea if everyone in your party would find them comfortable or not. I'm assuming that you and your DH would sleep in the bedroom, your DM would sleep with your younger DD in the sleeper sofa, your elder DD would take the fold out chair, and your son the ottoman. The suites also have the benefit of 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. The kitchen facilities may be a cost saving benefit for you.

You may find that 2 rooms at a value resort, with a discount, are cheaper than a family suite. Since Thanksgiving isn't until Nov 27 next year, it is possible that they may offer some kind of discount for at least part of your stay. You could look at the current discount offers to see how they compare.

I only count 5 beds in those rooms. I am not sure why they say it sleeps 6. My friends stayed there a couple years ago with 6. It worked well for them because their kids were little. Three of them slept sideways on the double pull out bed and one slept on the chair/ottoman bed.

We are going next week and staying in one at AS Music. It's just us and 3 younger kids though. If it was me, I would do 2 rooms rather than one family suite.

We like it, it's the best option for us in the value category since we like something with a living room.

The kitchenette is great for breakfast, sandwiches and snacks so is definitely a cost saving possibility. There are two regular bathrooms and closets.

The main reason that I recommend this over two rooms is the living room. During the times when you are at the room and NOT asleep, it is so much better to sit on a sofa, chair, ottomans rather than the edge of a bed.

The sofabed is fine, my DD loves the chair bed. No one has ever slept on the ottoman bed but it looks nice enough.

I'd say the only issue is who uses the bed. If your Mom is okay on the sofa with one of your little ones, then you're good to go!

If you can get free dining, it will be quick service only, even though you're staying in a suite - it's still at a value. We have priced out a Family Suite vs. a Fort Wilderness cabin, and usually the prices are similar during a room discount promotion since values will get either 10 or 15% and a moderate will get 20 or 25%. Plus you get the regular dining plan with the cabin if you decide on free dining. And you get a full kitchen, private deck but only one bathroom.

Good luck deciding.

I only count 5 beds in those rooms. I am not sure why they say it sleeps 6. My friends stayed there a couple years ago with 6. It worked well for them because their kids were little. Three of them slept sideways on the double pull out bed and one slept on the chair/ottoman bed.

We are going next week and staying in one at AS Music. It's just us and 3 younger kids though. If it was me, I would do 2 rooms rather than one family suite.

The chair folds out to a bed and the ottoman folds out to become a seperate bed.

I only count 5 beds in those rooms. I am not sure why they say it sleeps 6. My friends stayed there a couple years ago with 6. It worked well for them because their kids were little. Three of them slept sideways on the double pull out bed and one slept on the chair/ottoman bed. .

There are actually 4 beds. It is assumed that 2 people will sleep in the queen bed in the bedroom and 2 people in the sofa bed. Leaving one person each sleeping in the fold out chair and the ottoman. The photo below is a good illustration of the relative sizes.

Not sure if these beds would be comfortable for adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter