Anyone stayed at Coast Anaheim or Radisson Maingate?

Pokemom

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if you stayed at one of these hotels if you could walk to the parking area by California Adventure and catch the parking tram. Anyone know about how long the walk would be? Also, can you buy just a one way trip on the area transit - thinking of walking to the park in the morning, but probably wouldn't want to walk back.

Coast is a nice hotel...get a higher room facing the park and you can watch fireworks from there (warning, though, new Tower of Terror is in the way for mid to lower level rooms). The walk from Coast is very do-able...it sits right behind Portofino which is right behind the gas station on the corner of Harbor and Katella. This means you are only a short walk away (which is faster than the area transit from my memory).

We stayed at the Coast for a couple of nights last summer and really liked it. We were able to get a Disney view room up high which had a great view of the fireworks.

One morning we walked to the Timon parking lot and took the tram to the front gate. It wasn't a very long walk.

I have some pictures here .

We stayed at the Radisson Maingate and we DO NOT recommend it. Very run down, the elevator wasn't working when we arrived and we were on the 5th floor :earseek: The hairdryer fell apart when my DD tried to release it from its base :sad2: . It wasn't a bad walk but the Coast looked alot better than the Radisson...also the Radisson charges $10/parking.

FYI...Coast does charge for parking daily...I believe last year it was like $7. It did not matter to me as I felt it was a higher quality hotel and worth it.

I would recommend Coast if it is a toss up between the two. We always keep it in our top 3 list of where we will stay when down there (candycane inn and on site are other two).

Thanks for the responses everybody. We stayed at the Coast a few years ago and it was very nice. Back then they had a free shuttle, so I couldn't remember how far the walk was. If we can walk to the parking tram, it would save us a little money - I know I shouldn't be so cheap, but I try to cut corners when I can. Every little bit helps.

We had a reservation for 7/19-7/24 but, we are going to cancel because we are using our Sheraton points and staying at the Anaheim Sheraton instead. My husband wasn't really interested in trying out a new place...I was looking forward to trying this hotel out though.

FYI: I made my reservation about a month ago and got a good AAA rate of $85.00 plus FREE parking (it's a AAA benefit). (I called the Coast's 800 number.) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter