Anyone Test Positive After Returning?

We disembarked on the 10th, spent the 10th and 11th in the parks at WDW, flew home on the 12th. For peace of mind, I had us tested on the 15th, and we were negative.

I wasn't worried about the cruise as much as I was the parks. Our last park day was Animal Kingdom, and we heard hacking coughs all around us as we toured the parks. At one point, we were walking near the Safari, no masks on since we were outside and it was hot, and some guy walking the other way was coughing heavily, with no mask on and he didn't even attempt to cover his mouth. Gross.

It’s high allergy season which doesn’t help. Even though that guy was Gross… hopefully he knew his Issue.
people have def gotten more lax…but just read
The hospital updates in areas in fla … and Reality kicks in, Covid is Not gone and those with no shots are
Def impacted Much more.

It’s high allergy season which doesn’t help. Even though that guy was Gross… hopefully he knew his Issue.
people have def gotten more lax…but just read
The hospital updates in areas in fla … and Reality kicks in, Covid is Not gone and those with no shots are
Def impacted Much more.
My DD and I both have fall allergies, so we completely understand how that is. But if you are in a theme park in the middle of a global pandemic, at least have the common courtesy to cover your mouth when you cough.

We tested after our two cruises on the dream last month and were negative. Felt totally safe on the ship and then went to Boo Bash at the MK before going back home. Like night and day. People everywhere, right up next to you. No social distancing, no personal space. With all that togetherness, we still tested negative when we got home.

I have allergies and I take meds for it so I am not sneezing and hacking in public.
Unfortunately, allergy meds don't always prevent it. I take 3 allergy medications and do a neti pot twice a day just to cope on a normal day. When they are really bad, I have nothing more to try. I do, however, try not to cough in public, even eating candy or cough drops, and covering when coughing. I try to cover when sneezing too, but sometimes that sneaks up on you. Luckily, my allergies don't cause me to sneeze often, just sniffle and cough. So, try to be understanding as long as people are being polite; someone may be doing the best they can just to survive.

Has anyone tested positive after returning from their cruise?
We disembarked on the 10th….have not been sick, so never tested. We took the third vaccine since then, since we’re seniors.

Not looking good for the Dream :scared1:
I've been watching this CDC webpage for a while. It's not uncommon for ships to go to Yellow and then back to green. Depending on the number of passengers two cases could put you into Yellow. Or one crew case. The Dream has been yellow for about a week now. In the past it would be about a week or so, maybe two, before a ship would move back to green. I would bet the Dream is green this time next week.

I've been watching this CDC webpage for a while. It's not uncommon for ships to go to Yellow and then back to green. Depending on the number of passengers two cases could put you into Yellow. Or one crew case. The Dream has been yellow for about a week now. In the past it would be about a week or so, maybe two, before a ship would move back to green. I would bet the Dream is green this time next week.
Phew! We are supposed to be on it in october and the color coding description is so vague I didn’t know what to think.

But if you are in a theme park in the middle of a global pandemic, at least have the common courtesy to cover your mouth when you cough.

I would really hope people would at least have the common courtesy to cover their mouths when they cough regardless of being in a theme park and/or in the middle of a global pandemic. Really anytime you're in public just cover your mouth when you cough. That drove me nuts even before the pandemic, lol.

Last edited:
We were on the 8/30 four night, followed by 8 nights in wdw, then the 9/11 four night. We got home 7 days ago and have been self quarantining and all is well. We both feel fine, but no testing. We still wear a mask when going inside, we wore our masks at rest stops (we drove) and still follow protocols. We will be getting shot #3 hopefully in October, but getting our flu shot next week.

I just joined the FB page for our upcoming last minute cruise and many many people are going to Disney before the cruise. I’m surprised there are not a lot or at least some reports of people testing positive a few days after returning home. I’m not hearing great things about WDW enforcement of covid polices.

I’m guessing the fantasy is a little behind because it says crew only approved for restricted when it’s been sailing restricted since 9/11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter