Anyone try the opposite at HS rope drop?

p44nmun

Mouseketeer
Instead of running to MMRR, has anyone gone the opposite way at rope drop to ToT and if so did it work out later in the day to ride everything?
I’m wondering if going the opposite way of the crowds would somehow be beneficial or if Tot/etc on that side of the park don’t ever get too busy anymore?

I did this on Saturday, Nov. 14. We went to TOT and RNRC first thing in the morning, then on to TSM. Later in the afternoon, Slinky Dog dropped to 50 minutes and MMRR dropped to about 70 minutes. TOT and RNRC were consistently at the 50 to 60 minute wait in the afternoon so we were glad we did them in the morning with lower waits. We did not do Smuggler's Run so I do not remember the wait times for that.

Have not been back to try this yet.
However, in the past in AK, that strategy worked well. As the crowd all headed to Pandora, we would head toward Dinosaur and EE. In the first hour, we could ride multiple attractions with minimal to no wait. I would expect similar at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter