Anyone try to book WDW dining while on board?

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
Fun year for us with our first Disney cruise in a few weeks and a WDW trip in September. Just realized 180 days (versus 6 months) puts my dining window while on board. I hear wi fi is slow and no signal for calling? Does DCL have someone on board who can help me? Or should I line them up as best I can and beg a friend to call and make them for me?

Mods - didn't know where best to post so please move if needed.

Thanks.

Talk with your state room host or servers, find out where there is a free wi-fi spot on-shore at a port, then go there, and use the free wi-fi to make your reservations.

My 180 is an at sea day. I can schedule for higher in demand meals for later in the trip so the plus 10 will still help a bit?

You can certainly call, but you'll be charged the Cellular-at-Sea rates of $2.50 per minute. As for wifi, you are correct that it will be spotty and slow, especially for an at-sea day when most passengers are onboard and possibly trying to connect.

The 180+10 might help somewhat, in that since your 180 date is a sea-day on the cruise but 179 is in port you'll still be ahead of those staying offsite to book the latter side of your vacation.

Are you using a TA? Could you enlist the help of one in order to have them help with your ADRs? I'm not sure if you can transfer a WDW reservation to a TA but it's worth a try.

Enjoy both your cruise and the later WDW vacation!

Doesn't the wifi allow you to go to Wdw's website for free? I keep thinking I could go there on our last cruise without it counting. I'm not sure how fast it would be, but it better than $2.50 a minute.

Doesn't the wifi allow you to go to Wdw's website for free? I keep thinking I could go there on our last cruise without it counting. I'm not sure how fast it would be, but it better than $2.50 a minute.

Yes, it should. But the connection can still be iffy.

What's the 180+10? :confused3

Anyone can make reservations for dining at WDW 180 days before the date of the reservation. Disney resort guests can make their first reservation 180 days from the first day of their trip and can also book 10 additional days at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter