Anyone use Alamo drop-off at DTD?

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
I have one Nat'l EA car rented to pick up at LAX and drop-off on W. Katella on the Sat that we check into DLH. (We will be going from Hollywood to San Diego to Carlsbad then finally to DL for 5 days - won't need car there - will take car service or shuttle back to LAX). I was worried about getting back to DLH after drop off on W. Katella (somewhere around corner of Harbor and Katella).

Soooo . . . today I checked on Alamo and got a full size from LAX with DTD drop-off for only $9.00 more than my EA rental. My biggest consideration is not the $$, but the convenience of getting back to DLH (or into DL) after dropping off the rental. Has anyone used this Alamo location to p/up or d/off? How easy is it to get to after I check in to DLH? From the looks of the maps, it looks like the walk back to DLH or DL would be quite a bit less from DTD than from W. Katella location. I almost always rent with Nat'l because I love avoiding the counter lines - but for convenience of a much closer drop-off I think the Alamo might be the way to go. Any opinions/experiences/suggestions? TIA !! :smooth:

We are planning on our trip from LAX to DLH to be on "disney Bus'. (I heard the shuttle van stops at peoples homes to drop off from airport ,so not a direct trip from LAX.) We plan on 4 days at parks then renting car at DTD during the day ,(at aprox time we plan on returning car at LAX Alamo) , then getting a ride to hotel from their shuttle (hope there is one to take to hotel and not just airport.)We have early flight and our hotel provides shuttle to airport.Any way I think the Alamo office is at DTD and they provide transportation to Alamo lot?????? I am assuming their shuttle can go round trip. I guess one of us better confirm this unless someone has actually done this before .Anyone out there know for sure????Thanks :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter