• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use Bath Fitters?

Poohlove

DIS Veteran
To say my bathroom is pink would be a massive understatement. There is pink tile on the walls and floor, the tub, toilet and sink are all pink. My vanity is white, the upper part of my walls I painted an ivory color but looks pink from the reflection of the tile. I have a white shower curtain and white bath rug on the floor next to the tub. In an effort to cut back some of the pink without doing a very costly gut I am considering Bath Fitters. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I recommend looking into getting a pro to paint the tub and tile. You would want someone who specializes in bathtubs, as acid needs to be used. Toilets and sink can be changed out for about $100 each. It cost me $1400 for two tubs to be painted.

They are ridiculously expensive. If you know anyone who does that kind of work, that's the way I would go. Maybe hire a contractor. Bath Fitters wanted $8,000 to redo my father's tub. He got a friend of a friend to do it for about $2500

My parents used them a few years ago, and I just think it *looks* cheap. But it wasn't. They probably could have redone the whole bathroom with new fixtures for the price they paid to cover everything in plastic.

I would recommend doing the best you can to tone down the pink - get a white toilet and sink, maybe even have someone redo the tile? If you do some of the work yourself OR if you know a good, decent contractor, you can probably do a lot of it for minimal cost.

Last edited:

I don't know anyone who uses them but my rule is: if they are advertising on TV, they are too expensive. That seems to have been true for just about every job I've had done.

Is all the pink stuff "old"? If it's worn out and falling apart, I would just slowly replace it all with white stuff. As another poster said, you can do the toilet and sink rather inexpensively.

There's a lot of great stuff on the internet about how to decorate around pink tile/fixtures and some of it is pretty nice looking. Using grays and blacks creates a modern and strong look with the pink tile. I would go that route.

I recommend looking into getting a pro to paint the tub and tile. You would want someone who specializes in bathtubs, as acid needs to be used. Toilets and sink can be changed out for about $100 each. It cost me $1400 for two tubs to be painted.
There are also kits at Home Depot/Lowes where you can do it yourself.

In our first house there was awful brown tile in the surround. We went with a fiberglass surround. I can't recall how much it was but it was much less expensive than replacing the tile at the time. We talked about refinishing the tub with one of the kits but never got around to it. I also agree that toilets and sinks are relatively inexpensive to replace. Retro is in these days, knowing myself I'd probably run with it.

There are also kits at Home Depot/Lowes where you can do it yourself.

In our first house there was awful brown tile in the surround. We went with a fiberglass surround. I can't recall how much it was but it was much less expensive than replacing the tile at the time. We talked about refinishing the tub with one of the kits but never got around to it.

Those kits a ok in the short term, but they chip and peel in months. They guy we bought our house from did that, which is why a pro had to come in and redo it.

I had them redo my shower surround. I have a deep tub so it was highly recommended to not cover it as I'd loose the deepness. They did a fairly good job in a short amount of time. For what they did they were very reasonable, and a lot cheaper than some of the costs mentioned above but I'm sure it just depends on what's being done. Having started to do myself it was much appreciated to have them finish when it was more than I could handle. I would consider using them in the future

We did in our condo that we were prepping for sale. Just the tub and surrounding wall. I will say that it looked very nice in the end. The salesman and the contractors were also nice and we honestly didn't feel any pressure. We paid not quite $3k.

Now...we paid extra for a mold job. We kind of knew that mold would be found, so we were prepared for it, no problem. However, within a month, the silicone seal at the seam of the tub and wall started turning black from the underside, so the mold job didn't work.

We paid $85 for a matching shower curtain rod. We thought for the price, it would be a nice one that maybe was attached to the wall. Nope - it was a regular old tension rod that we could have purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot for $10.

They gave us a list of "approved" cleaners to use so as not to scratch, eat away, or otherwise abrade the finish. NONE of them worked. Not even plain old vinegar. So while we liked the work at first, no, we wouldn't recommend them.

The salesman and the contractors were also nice and we honestly didn't feel any pressure.

And we had exactly the opposite experience. DH inquired at a Bath Fitters booth when we were at an Irish Fest. He left his name and number and once they called with the price range he explained that it was way out of our budget. They kept calling back every day for WEEKS. He finally got them to stop calling by saying that someone gave his number as a joke. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter