Anyone use Café du Monde beignet mix? Recommendations beyond just their instructions?

I went to Cafe Du Monde in summer (the original). I first went there from the UK 19 years before. I was delighted to see it was still pretty cheap- they could charge a lot more. Nice to see no Disney style price gouging.

A general cooking tip--the first time you try something, be it a recipe or a box mix--follow the directions exactly. If it doesn't come out to your liking, you know the problem isn't you. The second time you try something, you can alter it if you like (or, in this case, try a different brand).

A general cooking tip--the first time you try something, be it a recipe or a box mix--follow the directions exactly. If it doesn't come out to your liking, you know the problem isn't you. The second time you try something, you can alter it if you like (or, in this case, try a different brand).

Sure. The only thing I'm thinking is maybe making half the amount of dough, but that's a simple modification.

Something like that, no problem. I was talking more things like refrigerating the dough or adding additional leavening.

Something like that, no problem. I was talking more things like refrigerating the dough or adding additional leavening.

It was the and/or yeast that's kind of puzzling to me. Yeast only helps to rise with time. Baking powder or baking soda will rise with high heat. Not sure why they would need yeast unless it's because it gives it a yeast taste.

It was the and/or yeast that's kind of puzzling to me. Yeast only helps to rise with time. Baking powder or baking soda will rise with high heat. Not sure why they would need yeast unless it's because it gives it a yeast taste.

Yeast can be quick acting.

You also may be reading too much into this. If the mix is made in a facility that also makes yeasted products, they may be required to list yeast as an ingredient, due to a risk of cross-contamination. It's kind of like if you get a box of pancake mix, and it says "may contain nuts". It's not that they put nuts in the pancakes so much as, maybe they also make a banana nut muffin mix in the same plant, and some nut dust might possibly get into the pancake mix, so they list it so people who are allergic, will know.

Aww yugh, right there now yuh first thing for that there mix yaknow, is you gonn juzz chrow it down yah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter