Anyone use natural lawn care company?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
its very pricey but I don’t want chemicals on my lawn with kids and dogs. Does it really work and do you have less weeds?

Unfortunately, in southern Virginia it didn't work for us, we had to go to a traditional, chemical company.

I do, in Michigan. For me how my lawn looks comes second to my dogs well being, and I don't like having all of those chemicals sprayed on the lawn.

We used them for a few years and it worked great, lawn was weed free. We also used them for tick control, which was expensive and not sure it really was worth it. We stopped using them all together because we decided we'd rather have weeds and keep $500 a year.

No one here uses any lawn service. If you sprayed chemicals here they would come after you with torches and pitchforks. Best is to just let it go natural. I have removed about 80% of our grass and replaced it with low maintenance perennials.

No one here uses any lawn service. If you sprayed chemicals here they would come after you with torches and pitchforks. Best is to just let it go natural. I have removed about 80% of our grass and replaced it with low maintenance perennials.
We are the lone house in our neighborhood that doesn’t use a lawn treatment service. I’m a farm girl deep down. Grass is just for cutting and playing on. My husband loves mowing the grass and keeps the yard looking really nice. He occasionally buys a couple bags of weed and feed and broadcasts it over the yard. That’s the extent of our lawn care.

Most people use lawn services and chemicals here. We don’t. The lagoon here is filled with pesticides and we do what we can to make sure we don’t contribute to that. We don’t have the best looking or greenest lawn in the neighborhood, but we don’t care.

We planted drought tolerant plants and are trying to have as little actual grass as possible without the lawn looking weird.

All of the neighbors around us use chemical based lawn-care. We choose not to and don't have the best looking lawn either, but I have piece of mind knowing that our kids can play on untreated grass. We keep it mowed, but let the dandelions feed the bees in the early spring.

Natural Lawn offers organic pesticide free treatments. The OP is questioning if that works because they don't want to use a service that uses them.

We’ve Used Natural Lawn for years because of our dog, works really well. Get lots of compliments on our lawn. Worth the extra cost!

i totally understand this mindset but we get stuck between the bickering of dnr (department of natural resources) and the county weed board. weed board monitors properties and gives citations for 'noxious weeds', ordering property owners to abate/remove but the only effective way is through regular chemical treatment which dnr and some property owners take issue with. depending on how close your property is to waterways and wetlands you can't use certain chemicals these days but b/c those chemicals are the only thing that will kill off some non native invasive weeds the waterways and wetlands are getting choked out.

it's a no win situation.

We used them for a few years and it worked great, lawn was weed free. We also used them for tick control, which was expensive and not sure it really was worth it. We stopped using them all together because we decided we'd rather have weeds and keep $500 a year.

I got the tick control last year too, and I plan on doing so again. It really helped cut down on the mosquitoes too. We were told last year was going to be bad for ticks, and then my sister found one on her dog.:scared:It is expensive, but worth it to me.

I got the tick control last year too, and I plan on doing so again. It really helped cut down on the mosquitoes too. We were told last year was going to be bad for ticks, and then my sister found one on her dog.:scared:It is expensive, but worth it to me.

We stopped using it because our dog and kids were still getting ticks on them because of being in the woods. Treatment works in your yard, but if you are spending your time outdoors in areas that aren't treated it isn't going to help there. We live in a high tick area, with deer gathering in our yard all the time so we are used to taking all the precautions, thought treating our yard would help but it didn't make much of a difference.
What I liked was that it was a natural way to repel ticks. I hate having to spray and use chemicals on our bodies and the dog.
I don't doubt that it works as advertised, but for some situations, like ours, it may be a waste of money.

We stopped using it because our dog and kids were still getting ticks on them because of being in the woods. Treatment works in your yard, but if you are spending your time outdoors in areas that aren't treated it isn't going to help there. We live in a high tick area, with deer gathering in our yard all the time so we are used to taking all the precautions, thought treating our yard would help but it didn't make much of a difference.
What I liked was that it was a natural way to repel ticks. I hate having to spray and use chemicals on our bodies and the dog.
I don't doubt that it works as advertised, but for some situations, like ours, it may be a waste of money.

That is too bad. We have lots of deer, and turkeys, and bunnies, and possums, and it seemed to help us quite a lot. But maybe part of that is the possums, they love tics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter