Anyone use the Southwest gift card deal from Costco?

BellaBaby

(Im)patiently waiting for next trip to Disney!!
If so, how did it go if you had to change your flight or your flight got canceled? Any other problems? Drawbacks?
Seems like some comments on the Costco site said some people weren't happy. But I don't know if it would affect us.
The deal is $500 gift card for $450.

I have used it a few times and it worked great. If your flight is cancelled you get a refund to the original payment method so the funds would go back to the gift card which is why there are bad reviews. We fly SW often enough that it doesn’t matter. We will use the gift card at a later date if that happens.

We purchased (4) gift cards a few months ago and the information was hacked from Costco's website. They were used by a person named Ben Chong and Kira Austin. Right now, we are working with Costco to hopefully get refunded for this compromise. I thought these would be mailed, I had no clue they would be left open on a website. This is not secure!

I bought 2 @ $500 each.
I was able to book my flight and then change by flight twice with no issues.
We purchased (4) gift cards a few months ago and the information was hacked from Costco's website. They were used by a person named Ben Chong and Kira Austin. Right now, we are working with Costco to hopefully get refunded for this compromise. I thought these would be mailed, I had no clue they would be left open on a website. This is not secure!
I am sorry. I hope you get resolution and it doesn't turn a vacation into something bitter.

SW GC are now 429.00 at Costco
Oh wow. Thanks for the update. I haven't purchased yet because of all the negative reviews. But flights this year are SO expensive. I'll have to look again.

Edit: So you can only purchase 2 of these per membership.

Last edited:
I used a different gift card from a non Costco promo, I think it was a direct SW promo, you got extra miles if you booked flights or bought a GC, I bought 2 $100 gift cards. It was a good deal. But when flight prices went down, I think I got credits vs. it going back on the gift card. (I had saved the gift card)Difference being credits tied to a specific name vs. GC usable by anyone. It wasn't a ton of $$, and now credits don't expire anyway.

I bought 2 today, I am (hopefully) booking flights to DL (using LGB airport) on Thursday from PHL for 2 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter