Anyone use TUG for sales/purchases?

Tug is a great group of people and they know everything about timeshares.

My impression of their buy/sell board is that it’s normally for discount properties so I’m not sure how DVC fits in there.

What I do know is that they are all experts and knowledge is power. If you go into a transaction with someone on TUG and you’re not 100% sure about what you’re doing and how, then they will be at a distinct advantage over you in the transaction.

Just make sure you know why every part of the transaction (who’s closing, etc) is being done and why.

I think they’re by and large a good group of people and just like here, buying from someone who’s a frequent poster means you probably won’t get scammed. But just like anyone, they’ll take advantage of whatever knowledge leverage they have.

Plus you still have to go through Disney for ROFR first.

Plus you still have to go through Disney for ROFR first.
Always, one potential option though is the ability to specify the closing company. I wonder how DVC would handle it if you specify a timeshare specific closing company like LT transfers as part of the contract.

LT Transfers appears to only handle notification of the resort and recording the new deed. Their website makes no mention of escrow services, which is really the important part as far as not being scammed. The more I think about it, the more it seems like it makes more sense to go to one of the major commissioned sites for sellers. It's just a lot less hassle and a larger pool of potential buyers.

If not then you'll need a full service option or separate escrow. redweeks has an escrow service. I know they've made some changes lately related to HI and escrow.

From LT's website

"Our rates are $150* plus $10 postage and recording fees which vary by county and sales price. If needed, we are able to offer Escrow service in most states. We do not provide title insurance."

Seems if you are inclined to use them they can provide you with Escrow service more than likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter