Anyone used DCL transportation from hotel to port in New Orleans?

jetskigrl

No mumbojumbo here
If you have used DCL transportation in New Orleans, do you recall what time the bus picked you up at the hotel and the approx. arrival at the port. Thanks so much.

We stayed at the Omni Riverfront hotel right across the street from the port. Was able to just walk to the ship. There are several hotels within walking distance there. But, if you have kids, lots of luggage, etc... I can understand if walking is out of the question.

We stayed at the Omni Riverfront hotel right across the street from the port. Was able to just walk to the ship. There are several hotels within walking distance there. But, if you have kids, lots of luggage, etc... I can understand if walking is out of the question.

Thanks for the recommendation for the Omni. That is one we are looking at also but we currently have a reservation for the hotel that DCL uses and thought it would be nice to let someone else handle the bags. It is just two of us but it is prior to the Panama Canal cruise so we will have more luggage than usual.

The great thing about that area is that it is within walking distance of a lot of stuff if you want to explore New Orleans a bit on foot. We walked to the National WWII museum, the Super Dome, and then took a stroll through the French Quarter. But that is a lot walking. :-)

The Omni Riverfront is listed as temporarily closed, not sure what the status will be by March 2022, but the key to remember is that while there is a walking "path" to get from the hotel side of the riverfront (where most of the hotels are) to the port bring with it the difficulty of bringing more than just a bag or two to the port and that would probably require some kind of transportation, be it Taxi, Uber/Lyft, or if which ever hotel you stay at has a shuttle to the port. Calling first would clarify that for you. But for the WBPC (which we're on as well) I feel that you would need to make arrangements for transportation. Calling DCL would possibly get you a list of hotels that would facilitate baggage handling included in your transportation. But to be safe I would also consider alternative ways to get there, along with your luggage.

As suggested above, there are several hotels where you would basically just walk over to the ship, its that close. The OP doesn't say which hotel they are staying in, so if its not a close hotel I would simply Uber over.

Thanks everyone, we are currently booked at the Hilton St. Charles, which is the hotel DCL uses so they offer bus transfers from hotel to port. But before I book DCL transport, I wanted to see if anyone knew what time the bus picks up at the hotel.

We can take an Uber but I have a ton of FCC to use anyway so it may be worth it to book the transport through DCL so that I don't have additional out-of-pocket expenses (bonus is that they deal with the luggage for us also).

Thanks everyone, we are currently booked at the Hilton St. Charles, which is the hotel DCL uses so they offer bus transfers from hotel to port. But before I book DCL transport, I wanted to see if anyone knew what time the bus picks up at the hotel.

We can take an Uber but I have a ton of FCC to use anyway so it may be worth it to book the transport through DCL so that I don't have additional out-of-pocket expenses (bonus is that they deal with the luggage for us also).

The Hilton St. Charles is certainly not within walking distance to the port if you are schlepping luggage, but at the same time, it’s close enough where messing with a coach bus might be a lot of hullabaloo for a ride that is five, maybe ten, minutes.

Do you know yet how much is DCL charging for the bus?

Last edited:
The Hilton St. Charles is certainly not within walking distance to the port if you are schlepping luggage, but at the same time, it’s close enough where messing with a coach bus might be a lot of hullabaloo for a ride that is five, maybe ten, minutes.

Do you know yet how much is DCL charging for the bus?

I haven't checked for the price yet since I'm not even going to consider it if they don't pick up until noon or later (I like to get to the port earlier). I'm sure it isn't worth it for the ride alone but since I'm assuming we will have more luggage than usual because it is a 14 night cruise, it may be worth paying them to have them pick up my luggage at the hotel and then not worry about it again until it gets to the stateroom.
Plus it will come from my FCC instead of out of my pocket, so that is a bonus.

I haven't checked for the price yet since I'm not even going to consider it if they don't pick up until noon or later (I like to get to the port earlier). I'm sure it isn't worth it for the ride alone but since I'm assuming we will have more luggage than usual because it is a 14 night cruise, it may be worth paying them to have them pick up my luggage at the hotel and then not worry about it again until it gets to the stateroom.
Plus it will come from my FCC instead of out of my pocket, so that is a bonus.

Yes, I think if you consider this more as "premier" luggage service than personal transportation, in the end, you will feel like you got more value out of your FCC. The bus ride itself will be over before you even get settled in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter