Anyone used Walmart for your pre-departure covid tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpsfan

Mouseketeer
Hi
Has anyone used Walmart for your pre-departure covid tests?
How do they give you your results? Is this just an email you show?
Are there any other places you’d recommend other than Walmart? My main reason is because they’re the cheapest!
Thank you 😊

Costco is cheaper ;)
Haven't used Walmart but Costco gave us a printout when we used them in October.

For some reason, the online booking for the Walmart appointments was really glitchy so we went with Rexall and they are 30 bucks. We got paper copies. And annoyingly, nobody checked that we had the tests done when we flew to the states mid March. Murphy's Law I guess. 🙄

For some reason, the online booking for the Walmart appointments was really glitchy so we went with Rexall and they are 30 bucks. We got paper copies. And annoyingly, nobody checked that we had the tests done when we flew to the states mid March. Murphy's Law I guess. 🙄
Figures! After all the hassle of going for a test!
I'm hoping they'll be dropping this requirement very soon!!

So where do they check it exactly? Like when you go through customs?
I have never been asked at customs. I have been asked at Bag Check. I did carry on my last trip and wasn’t asked at all. But at the gate next to me, they were asking people to show them if they had not at bag check/check in. It’s random.

You do complete an attestation when checking in online saying that you have the Negative test results. So regardless of if you are asked our not, you legally need to have it.

I used Walmart in December...Printout with no issues - Make sure all of the information matches your passports before you leave the store. The thing I didn't like about Walmart (over Rexall and Shoppers) was that you had to book 3 appointments separately rather than one appointment for 3 people. They did take everyone at the time of the first appointment.

Are they not using VeriFly or any similar apps to have results uploaded prior to departure? That's how our results were verified in October.

We used them 3 weeks ago before our cruise and it was not a good experience. My appt was first thing in the morning, waited 10 min, ok np. They printed my results. My husband and kids went mid day and waited half an hour with an appt. A different pharmacist was there and had my husband complete his forms by hand, she just signed them. My husband questioned it but was told ”they do it all the time it’s ok“. When they got home I checked with the cruise line and it was unclear if they would accept those, so I called the pharmacy right away & same pharmacist that did my test said to come back, my husband’s results should not be hand written.The pharmacist said to come back with the receipt and they will correct it. My husband went in a couple of hours later and yet a different pharmacist said sorry, they can’t just reprint our results, he’s not the one that did them and he insisted on testing all of them again. This was the day before flying out and super stressful to keep going back to this Walmart location which happens to be 25 min drive one way.
Our friends also had a problem there, their results weren’t signed with the pharmacist license #.
We have previously gone to Shoppers where the cost is double ($40 v $20) but I felt we got what we paid for at Walmart. Costco is another option and we may try them next time if still required for our August cruise.
I realize we probably just had a one off experience, but compared to Shoppers it was hectic and inconsistent. That particular Walmart location is normally crazy busy so maybe that’s why… the pharmacy has a line up of 20 people every time we went.

I used WalMart two weeks ago and am planning to use them again two weeks from now. Common sense says check your paperwork before you leave the pharmacy - the results should be printed with your name, birthdate and health care number on it, should clearly state the NEGATIVE result and should be signed/stamped by a qualified member of the pharmacy staff. If anything is lacking, don't leave without someone correcting it for you.

As far as verification, it is the responsibility of the airline to ensure you meet the requirements of wherever they're flying you to, before they allow you to board. On my most recent flight (YYC - LAX) the test results were reviewed by the check-in agent along with our Passports and vaccine verifications. No further fuss needed and blessedly, since Canada has dropped testing requirements, there was no stress to scramble for a test prior to coming home. So gosh-darned happy for that! :teeth:

I used WalMart two weeks ago and am planning to use them again two weeks from now. Common sense says check your paperwork before you leave the pharmacy - the results should be printed with your name, birthdate and health care number on it, should clearly state the NEGATIVE result and should be signed/stamped by a qualified member of the pharmacy staff. If anything is lacking, don't leave without someone correcting it for you.

As far as verification, it is the responsibility of the airline to ensure you meet the requirements of wherever they're flying you to, before they allow you to board. On my most recent flight (YYC - LAX) the test results were reviewed by the check-in agent along with our Passports and vaccine verifications. No further fuss needed and blessedly, since Canada has dropped testing requirements, there was no stress to scramble for a test prior to coming home. So gosh-darned happy for that! :teeth:
Yes- good points to check your document before leaving from your covid test, just to be sure. I'm travelling at the end of the month and I plan on using Walmart. I hope all goes smoothly with the whole thing as this is all new to me!
(Here's hoping the testing will be dropped by the time we go!) :rolleyes1

It wasn’t about common sense, the pharmacist was insisting that the form was filled out correctly and refused to print another one. I still blamed my husband of course, he took it and left when it didn’t look right to him.
Anyway. It’s about the inconsistency at Walmart. Different pharmacies did it different ways. I’m sure it depends on the location and the person though and so yes, check check check before you leave!

Just used Walmart 2 weeks ago without issue.. They only give a printed copy.

Stalked Costco and Walmart sites multiple times per day for weeks. Couldn’t get an appointment at Costco and even then I got the last 2 appointments for me and DH at Walmart.

Travel is really picking up. This is the first time it took us more than 20 min to find airport parking. The shuttle bus driver saw we were having trouble and radioed in to someone who helped us find a spot.

They asked for test results and proof of vaccine for everyone on our flight.

After much stalking, i was able to book with Costco for May 20th, must have just opened up. We are driving and cruising so I needed it for the cruise. Phew! I had Shoppers booked but at less than half the price and knowing Costco worked well for us in October, I'm happy to switch.

Has there been anything in the news recently about the requirement for a negative test to get into the US being dropped soon? We are going to Disneyland at the end of July and really hope it's not necessary! One of my kids has a disability and will likely have a hard time with the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter