Anyone using Uber to hotel instead of mears

Dd always uses Uber. I am old school and grab a taxi. If you go to where the old Magical Express was to the left of that is a stand. We never wait to get a vehicle. The A side stand is ways hectic so I just go to B side.

We have done both. Rideshare is cheaper, however you can wait 10-15, 20 minutes. A taxi has been 60ish with no wait,

That is to Wdw.
Leaving we always did ME, Now I use Royal Trans. It is $102 for std vehicle with tip included, It was $120 with tip for an Escalade. They have been great with 5 trips so far. They text when on way, Again they text when arrive, Drivers have been nice and clean vehicles.

if you don’t want to do Uber, try Art from Standard Transportation. We used him on our last trip to get to Universal and from universal to the airport and he was great. Very reasonable and easy to work with. We are using him for our next trip to and from the airport and he was more reasonable than a few of the others I looked at In terms of private transportation. The price he quoted is definitely more than the Uber price mentioned but we have a party of eight. Maybe he has a smaller car that would be a bit cheaper. It’s a lot cheaper than the mears private transport.

Also, on the grocery stop, I recall reading that Publix you can order ahead and just stop and pick up. Maybe that’s an option if you do Uber to make it quicker. We usually just order instacart or Amazon Prime now for groceries and have them delivered to the resort. We used to always use garden grocer but it has gotten SO expensive.

Any chance Uber would include a short grocery stop?
You have to include that in your destination for the app - to be legit. Some drivers might do it but technically it is supposed to be entered as the destination or a multi destinations stop

Yes, do it all the time. Uber XL typically gets 5 of us easily with luggage. Usually pay $45-55ish (before tip). LOVE it so much more than mears. Saves a lot of time! Direct to hotel. Never had to wait more than 5-10mins.
With 5 people how much luggage do you have? We will have 7 pieces of luggage and 5 backpacks each person will hold on their lap. Will an Uber XL still work for us with 7 pieces of luggage?

With 5 people how much luggage do you have? We will have 7 pieces of luggage and 5 backpacks each person will hold on their lap. Will an Uber XL still work for us with 7 pieces of luggage?
I asked the same question and the overall response was "no".

We are a family of 5 and this is a real problem. We pack light—two full size suitcases, one carry-on size and two duffel bags that we plop on the handles of the large suitcase when rolling them. Gives us flexibility to put the duffles on our feet and put the little wheelie case in the mini van “aisle” between seats or on someone’s lap in an SUV. And I will tell you we often have to do just that—many of the uber xls only have a tiny cargo space that fits at most our two big suitcases when the seats for 5 are raised.

I do have to wonder a bit at the thought of SEVEN suitcases though. How would you even fit that much stuff in a hotel room?

We've used Happy Limos to get to/from the airport many times and the service has been great. Then we use Uber to get around once there. I'm always concerned about fitting all 4 of us plus our luggage in a single Uber, so i prefer to take the worry away and get the car service instead.

There was a new service that Touring Plans was discussing…..I want to calm it Starlight Express but that’s a musical 😂.

it looks really good though

When I went on January 21st, I hadn't booked Mears yet. My luggage came fairly quickly at baggage claim, so I opened the Lyft app and priced my trip to Caribbean Beach. It was over $30. Mears for me was $16. As a solo traveler, I was willing to spend the time to save the money. I always used Magical Express in the past because it felt like an early start to vacation with the video they'd play. I am also in the mindset of soaking it in early in the trip, so I'm not in a rush.

For my return to the airport, I've been using Lyft for some time. I hate having to return so early before the flight. I have TSA PreCheck, so I don't need all that time at the airport. Even while Magical Express was free, I would pay to give myself an extra hour, either for breakfast or time in the parks if leaving later in the day. That was always worth it to me.

It's all in how you value your dollars and your minutes. Different for everyone and no one correct answer. I'm a solo traveler most of the time, for what that's worth.

One of the biggest issues at this time is you can't sit in the front passenger seat. Pre-covid you could, so it allowed for 5 and leaves the cargo area of an XL open for bags. Now, you'll need part of the 3rd row for a person. Greatly limits luggage space

But you’re NOT paying them to wait. You’re paying them to drive you from point A to point B and drop you off. Drivers make SO little as is that asking them to wait is so unfair.

actually you do pay them to wait. Even pay surge price during surge times. I know they don’t want to wait though. Food stop is too long I agree

actually you do pay them to wait. Even pay surge price during surge times. I know they don’t want to wait though. Food stop is too long I agree
Yes, they start charging I think if a stop is longer than 2 min (pickup, drop off, or an interim stop).

They will not want to wait while you’re in the grocery store, so I would say just get dropped off fully at grocery store and call another Uber to store if that’s important to you.

However, you could mention to the driver you’re going to be in for 10-15 min and ask if they want to wait, acknowledging it is their choice, and that you’re happy to just call another Uber if they don’t want to wait. I’ve done something like this before, and the driver took advantage of the break to use the bathroom, and was happy to get a second trip out of it. I tipped $15 cash as well for this particular instance.

We will uber to resort for sure. Love! using Uber at Disney..love love love it! Arriving at the bus stop for the parks in the morning seeing a huge crowd calling an uber..on the road in a couple minutes without the wait and crowded bus..ahhhhh. We got spoiled quickly

We had never used Uber prior to our trip last week. I was nervous about it, but it went so well! We landed at MCO, got our luggage, and used the Uber app and a car was there in 3 minutes to pick us up. We flew in on a Saturday, were a family of 4, and paid $55 for the ride to All Star Movies. We came home yesterday, a Friday, and paid $45 for our return trip to the airport. We ended up using Uber one day to take us to MK because the line for the bus was about 150 people deep. It arrived in 2 minutes and got us to the Transportation and Ticket Center within 15 minutes. Will definitely use Uber again!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter