Anyone video rope drop on 8/29/16???

1. we were first family and would love video of the rope drop.
2. Not sure if this is where I should be posting...?

1. Well, I think the Obama's were the "first family" on 8/29/16.
But, it sounds like you were "Family of the Day" at MK on that date. ;)

2. It's about the best place to post it on these boards.

Congratulations to you!
Hope you had fun!!

1. Well, I think the Obama's were the "first family" on 8/29/16.
But, it sounds like you were "Family of the Day" at MK on that date. ;)

2. It's about the best place to post it on these boards.

Congratulations to you!
Hope you had fun!!

They actually referred to us as "first family"

But it was so much fun, and I'm really hoping to see a video!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 131
Did you get the pictures from PP? We were blessed enough one year a long time ago to get selected, before Toon Town was removed from MK. We received a big picture but also some on our PP. It really is a magical thing. I was so happy, I cried at the end & hugged Barbara. Wonderful memories.

They actually referred to us as "first family"

But it was so much fun, and I'm really hoping to see a video!

Sounds good to me.

(Although, I'm sure that the White House will be disappointed to hear it.) ;)

Did you get the pictures from PP? We were blessed enough one year a long time ago to get selected, before Toon Town was removed from MK. We received a big picture but also some on our PP. It really is a magical thing. I was so happy, I cried at the end & hugged Barbara. Wonderful memories.

We did get a free 8x10 of any photo the photographer took and we also bought the memory maker for a single day to get all the other pictures. Still on the hunt for a video of it...any other forum I should post to within Disboards?

Congrats!! We were at MK the next day so just missed you. We were chosen to open the park on 9/2/12 and then again just my youngest DD and I were chosen on 4/26/16 but have yet to find a video of either day posted anywhere on the internet. Hope you find someone who has posted a video! 2 of my best Disney days ever!!!

Pretty cool stuff. Nice to have that extra magic/dust too...Hope ya find it!

We did get a free 8x10 of any photo the photographer took and we also bought the memory maker for a single day to get all the other pictures. Still on the hunt for a video of it...any other forum I should post to within Disboards?

That's good. Honestly, it's probably a long shot that someone happened to video it & reads your post, but not impossible. It's totally worth a shot asking. I think the thread is probably in one of the most popular sections to be seen. I wish you luck. It would be great to get the video!

How do you get chosen for that?
I really don't know. We got to MK early to watch the welcome show and we were decked out in our handmade disney gear. A cast member came up to me, my husband and 5year old daughter and asked if we would help her with something...of course we agreed. She mentioned that she had an eye on us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter