Anyone want to read about our super quick whirlwind road trip to the world?

Hello! I followed you over from my PTR when I saw the trip report in your signature. I have dreams of going on a mother/daughter trip with my kiddo. You were able to do SO much at MK in just one day! Looking forward to reading about DTD :)

Welcome and thanks for coming by!! It was SO nice to be one on one with DD for a change. There was no squabbling and I could focus on her. Also, I think she may be a real Disney fan in the making so hopefully there will be more mother/daughter trips in our future!! DTD was fun...but I have to say the construction did put a damper on things. We considered hanging around there a bit more after our lunch at Raglan Road, but I just didn't have it in my with all the walls everywhere and the parking lot was such a pain I just wanted to get it over with. That said...the flip flop store we went to? I could have spent more time in there (and more money lol) but we each got a pair so we were happy about that...and a few souveniers from World of Disney. Next time we go when it's all done I'm sure will be a lot better and I would dedicate more time to it.

Dang it!!!!
I keep meaning to read along... and then.... squirrel!!
And do I at least subscribe? Nooooooo. Of course not. That would be too easy.

So I'm writing some useless drivel which automatically subscribes me... and forces me to come back to read!

Clever, no?

Yeah.... no.

Back later to catch up.

Dang it!!!!
I keep meaning to read along... and then.... squirrel!!
And do I at least subscribe? Nooooooo. Of course not. That would be too easy.

So I'm writing some useless drivel which automatically subscribes me... and forces me to come back to read!

Clever, no?

Yeah.... no.

Back later to catch up.

Ha no worries! Take your time :) I will be here lol

but I surprised her with 2 nights at Wilderness Lodge

Did I mention that I like surprises too?
Ya know, I'll be in Toronto in June, so if you want to surprise me with a quick trip and a stay at WL.....

I didn't actually take notes when we were there

Wow. You did really, really well for no notes!
If it'd been me (I take notes), my TR would be like this:

"Hi! And welcome to my TR! I had four fantastic days in WDW! So let's get started!
Day 1.

Uh....

Ummm...

Pretty sure I went to a park.... uh...

Yeah....

So thanks for reading!!"

BTW...driving in FL scares the crap out of me lol. I live in Toronto and have no problem driving in the city or traffic...but I-95...yikes.

And this from someone who probably drives the 401 all the time.

As we approached the famous sign I asked my DD to take a picture since I was driving...but sadly...we ended up with a picture of the glove compartment

:lmao:

I had no interest in touching our car again while at Disney.

I totally get this.
While I have a pretty good sense of direction... I don't want to use it!
Just shuttle me around so I don't have to even think about it!

"we are at freakin' DISNEY and you want to play at an arcade???"

:laughing:
Could be worse. Soon she'll only want to have her nose in her smart phone.

Sadly though, I didn't have room left for ice cream which was the whole reason I wanted to go there lol.

Well, that settles it. Now you have to go back!
(That's high on my Disney bucket list... going to Beaches & Cream.)

Anyway...after a bit DD started complaining...it's too long, I'm too hot, when will we get there...and I kept saying "only a bit farther"

:rolleyes: A familiar refrain.

Yeah...that's when I start questionning my own sanity...when dragging my kid out of bed to get to a theme park before the sun is up....YOU guys all "get" it...but well...a lot of people thought we were nuts.

Oh, I get it.
Been there, done that.

But if you prefer, just to mix things up a bit, I'd be more than happy to think you were nuts.

We opted for Winnie the Pooh as our first ride.

:laughing: No way! That's the first ride I went on when I did my solo trip last February! Surprised every one of my readers.

Since it was nearby, I decided I would go to Cheshire Cafe and have the cupcake cup!

Never heard of that... looks so good.

But warning - it is only good if you, like me, think that the best part of cake is the icing

Well that settles it.
I've just put it on my Disney to-do list.

Finally we got to my all time fave ride, Haunted Mansion.

Merely the best ride mankind has ever created.

so we rode IASW.

Uh.... no.
pkondz does not do IASW.

You feel pretty awesome about the whole thing when you have accomplished all your favourite rides by 11:00am.

::yes::

After lunch, we took a look around the rest of the castle and just loved all the decor.

Isn't it great?
I've mentioned that the ambiance alone makes it worth dining there at least once.

Yes, part of me was tempted to try to push on since we did only have the one day...but...common sense prevailed

Good for you.
You can get so caught up in everything that you forget just how tired you really are.

I did consider one of the giant in a pineapple drinks...but decided I didn't want to be too full for our night time park-ing.

Or too tipsy.

I considered getting a Dole Whip just because "gasp" I've never actually tried one!!

:faint:

We decided to go back to check out the line for Haunted Mansion. Luckily it was short so we did that - a couple of times.

Nice. :thumbsup2

We went on IASW (twice)

:faint:

That was a fun little trip!
Thanks for sharing it with us! :goodvibes

Did I mention that I like surprises too? Ya know, I'll be in Toronto in June, so if you want to surprise me with a quick trip and a stay at WL.....

Hey thanks for reading!! Visiting Toronto huh? Business or pleasure? And yeah...I wish someone would surprise ME with another trip to WL lol...I want to go back soooo badly I keep dreaming up ways to make it happen...scheming right now about a possible Canadian Thanksgiving trip....

Wow. You did really, really well for no notes!
If it'd been me (I take notes), my TR would be like this:

"Hi! And welcome to my TR! I had four fantastic days in WDW! So let's get started!
Day 1. Uh....

Ummm...Pretty sure I went to a park.... uh...

Yeah....So thanks for reading!!"

Yeah I think the only reason I remembered so well is because once we got back to my parents' place in South Florida after the trip...I had to recount the whole thing a couple times for everyone. And then I tried to get the TR down asap...because "I" want to remember every detail for next time too!! What was great...what was AMAZING etc...

And this from someone who probably drives the 401 all the time.

I know...pathetic...I "do" indeed drive the 401 all the time and it actually doesn't bother me. I think it's more the thing about driving on roads where you are expected to go somewhat fast...when you have no idea where you are going and when your exit might sneak up on you...that bugs me about driving in Florida lol. And for some reason I just find Florida drivers more nuts...they are either old or...crazy....sigh....

I totally get this. While I have a pretty good sense of direction... I don't want to use it!
Just shuttle me around so I don't have to even think about it!

I would like to think (in my mind) that I'm actually NOT AS BAD as directions as I can sometimes seem to be...it's just that when I'm also driving...and my navigator is 9....that kinda freaks me out a lot. Even though her sense of direction is actually pretty decent! Yeah I'd much rather be shuttled around. Especially when I'm totally wiped and brain dead after a day at the parks.

:laughing: Could be worse. Soon she'll only want to have her nose in her smart phone.

I'm sure it won't be long. That is my 12 year old already (but if he came to Disney I don't think I'd let him bring it...but the sad thing is...it's hard now to NOT spend time on your phone as the planner of a Disney trip these days...I felt bad every time I pulled it out just to check what was next on our schedule!! I felt kind of like a hypocrite...oh well.

Well, that settles it. Now you have to go back! (That's high on my Disney bucket list... going to Beaches & Cream.)

As it should be!! I do want to go back. Like I said, I think I'd go JUST for dessert next time though. While the food was decent, I don't think it was anything really unique or that you couldn't get elsewhere. But those sundaes...I wanted one so much but just couldn't do it! So yes. Must go back. And soon I hope.

But if you prefer, just to mix things up a bit, I'd be more than happy to think you were nuts.

Gee thanks lol. I just find it funny that for some people, you just can't make them understand the magic...and the need to get up so early to make the most of it. I think my DD understood later in the day. But I think it would have been more difficult if the whole family was around to make RD happen. I'd do it...but they wouldn't be happy...until we got on rides with no waiting lol.

:laughing: No way! That's the first ride I went on when I did my solo trip last February! Surprised every one of my readers.

Ha, really? I guess with the 7DMT that is a bit of a shocker...and if my DD had wanted to go on that then it probably would have been first...but I love the WTP ride...so much fun. But then I'm a fan of slow, dark rides lol. I wonder if she'll get on 7DMT next time....who knows.

Never heard of that... looks so good. Well that settles it. I've just put it on my Disney to-do list.

Funny - I think it was here on the DIS in one of those "best Disney snacks" threads. I wouldn't have even noticed the Cheshire Cafe (or the cupcake cups) had I not been specifically looking for them. Both would have been easy to miss. But I'm glad I didn't!

Uh.... no. pkondz does not do IASW.

Really. Interesting...I can see why though...the song...I know. But you know...it's kind of a childhood memory and brings it all back of going with my mom as a kid....yada yada....

Or too tipsy.

Ha yep...probably a bad idea when alone with DD lol...but...if there were other grownups there with us...perhaps.. :)

That was a fun little trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! :goodvibes

No problemo!! Thanks for reading along!! I learned a lot from the Dis before my trip so it's only fair to share :))

Business or pleasure?

Both. DW is there on business and I'm just tagging along for the free hotel and to keep her company.

Yeah I think the only reason I remembered so well is because once we got back to my parents' place in South Florida after the trip...I had to recount the whole thing a couple times for everyone.

Yup. That would do it.

it's just that when I'm also driving...and my navigator is 9....that kinda freaks me out a lot.

:laughing: Yeah, I can see that.
"Turn here Mom."
"What? Where?"
"Back there."

Yeah I'd much rather be shuttled around. Especially when I'm totally wiped and brain dead after a day at the parks.

::yes::

That is my 12 year old already (but if he came to Disney I don't think I'd let him bring it...but the sad thing is...it's hard now to NOT spend time on your phone as the planner of a Disney trip these days...I felt bad every time I pulled it out just to check what was next on our schedule!! I felt kind of like a hypocrite...oh well.

I hear ya. I was on my iPod much more than I really wanted to be, but... :confused3

I just find it funny that for some people, you just can't make them understand the magic...

I know.
Before I left, my Mom said, "What are you going to do there?"
Then again, I think she thinks WDW is just MK.

But I think it would have been more difficult if the whole family was around to make RD happen. I'd do it...but they wouldn't be happy...until we got on rides with no waiting lol.

I dunno.
I did that with a friend. We got up early. Did RD. Used a touring plan. Saved a ton of time.

But then, he had no concept of just how much time we saved. So I don't think he really appreciated it.

Interesting...I can see why though...the song...I know.

Don't mention the song!!!!!!!!!

But you know...it's kind of a childhood memory and brings it all back of going with my mom as a kid....yada yada....

I get it.
I'm really just kidding when I talk about it.
I don't really care for it, but... I'm crazy about Peter Pan... for the same reasons you love IASW.

No problemo!! Thanks for reading along!! I learned a lot from the Dis before my trip so it's only fair to share :))

::yes:: I agree! Plus I think the enthusiasm rubs off.
"Look everyone! Look how much fun I had! And you can too!"

I know...pathetic...I "do" indeed drive the 401 all the time and it actually doesn't bother me. I think it's more the thing about driving on roads where you are expected to go somewhat fast...when you have no idea where you are going and when your exit might sneak up on you...that bugs me about driving in Florida lol. And for some reason I just find Florida drivers more nuts...they are either old or...crazy....sigh....

I don't think it's just you. We found Florida drivers more nuts, too. And the out of town drivers in Florida were pretty nuts, too - in a hurry *and* lost most of the time, it seemed!

I would like to think (in my mind) that I'm actually NOT AS BAD as directions as I can sometimes seem to be...it's just that when I'm also driving...and my navigator is 9....that kinda freaks me out a lot. Even though her sense of direction is actually pretty decent! Yeah I'd much rather be shuttled around. Especially when I'm totally wiped and brain dead after a day at the parks.

That sounded a lot like my road trip with 10 yo dd in Feb to St. Louis. We were trying to find a Panera that I had mostly located on Google Maps, but it only showed the strip mall in general, and not how to find it once we got there. She spotted the sign, and said, "It's over there! In the corner!" "Um, sweetie, which corner? Give me a direction!!!" We finally found it, but it wasn't as simple as you might think! (To make it worse, the sign outside said St. Louis Bread Company, but in the same font as Panera, because apparently the chain started in St. Louis as St. Louis Bread Company. But, we didn't know that, and neither did Google Maps, but at least we finally figured out it was the same thing and got our meal we wanted!)

I'm sure it won't be long. That is my 12 year old already (but if he came to Disney I don't think I'd let him bring it...but the sad thing is...it's hard now to NOT spend time on your phone as the planner of a Disney trip these days...I felt bad every time I pulled it out just to check what was next on our schedule!! I felt kind of like a hypocrite...oh well.

Yeah, we didn't let 13 yo ds bring his phone to the parks, although we did let dd because she is usually better about it, and we wanted the option in case the group split up. Tho I had a horrible signal inside the parks, and mostly didn't use the app there!

Hi! I finally got over here and read through everything.

We've done parks on arrival and departure day on a short trip, and it's definitely rough. I totally understand the mentality of only going to MK for the one day. There's so much to do outside the parks that it's not hard to fill your remainint time with Disney fun! I think it's definitely better to just do one park and save the other parks for a future trip (hopefuly!) than to rush through the parks and stress yourself out.

You guys really got a lot done in those first few hours after rope drop ... and the rest of the day too! And it sounds like you had some really great ADRs, too ... overall it sounds like an amazing trip!

I really enjoyed reading about the trip - thanks for sharing!

Hi! I finally got over here and read through everything.

We've done parks on arrival and departure day on a short trip, and it's definitely rough. I totally understand the mentality of only going to MK for the one day. There's so much to do outside the parks that it's not hard to fill your remainint time with Disney fun! I think it's definitely better to just do one park and save the other parks for a future trip (hopefuly!) than to rush through the parks and stress yourself out.

You guys really got a lot done in those first few hours after rope drop ... and the rest of the day too! And it sounds like you had some really great ADRs, too ... overall it sounds like an amazing trip!

I really enjoyed reading about the trip - thanks for sharing!

Hey thanks for stopping by and reading!! Yeah I just don't have the stamina like I did when I was younger before kids...sigh (or ever lol) But there is indeed a TON to do outside the parks. I want to take time one day to visit each of the resorts...more lists of things to do lol. I do hope to get back soon and have a running list of things to do, eat and get lol next time. We were really lucky with the ADR's...I didn't think we'd get to BOG but were super lucky in getting that lunch. I hope to do breakfast or dinner next time just to get back in that castle again!

Don't be afraid! :) I've a 14 year old daughter and we're even closer than we were before she was a teen. For her birthday this year she asked that we spend it together. We went to see "Into the Woods", had dinner and conversation at the theatre restaurant, then watched "the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies", next we'll be attending "Phantom of the Opera" on stage in May!

It is wonderful that you got a chance to spend some one on one time with your daughter! I think this is a trip you'll both look back on fondly! I hope you all get to go back soon! :D

@pkondz we're both so excited! We're both great fans of the music. :) Never thought Phantom would come up to our neck of the woods! ;) *giggles* I hope you get to see it again! Third time's the charm! :yay:

@pkondz we're both so excited! We're both great fans of the music. :) Never thought Phantom would come up to our neck of the woods! ;) *giggles* I hope you get to see it again! Third time's the charm! :yay:

... My 3 daughters and I are going in May as well. Can. Not. Wait!!! Our annual trip to a Braidway show and dinner.

I should see if it's in Toronto when we're there in June.

Hey great ideas!! I saw Phantom here in Toronto in high school lol....haven't been back since but DD is probably at a good age for it!! I agree...spending a lot of one on one time with DD will give us both some great memories. I just hope that the drama won't be too much for both of us to enjoy it!! Crazy mood swings already!! Hopefully she will learn to cope better with the emotions though...at some point!

Just came over from my report...Got to get caught up on your's, but looking forward to it!

I made it though pg. 1 and I gotta say, a very short trip with only 1 park day would at first kill me, but then after some time to plan it out and all, you really can fit a lot in and enjoy what you can. It's doable and you made some memories that you won't soon forget. I'd say for Day 1, you did some fun things. B&C is a fun, kitchy little place, and Hoop is a must-do at least once!! I've been a couple of times, and it's always a hoot. Especially if you manage to walk into the men's room. :rolleyes1

I'll keep reading as I can, and hope to catch up soon. :) Have a wonderful week; I'll pop in here and there.

Just came over from my report...Got to get caught up on your's, but looking forward to it!

Hey thanks for coming by!! Welcome!

I made it though pg. 1 and I gotta say, a very short trip with only 1 park day would at first kill me, but then after some time to plan it out and all, you really can fit a lot in and enjoy what you can. It's doable and you made some memories that you won't soon forget. I'd say for Day 1, you did some fun things. B&C is a fun, kitchy little place, and Hoop is a must-do at least once!! I've been a couple of times, and it's always a hoot. Especially if you manage to walk into the men's room. :rolleyes1

I'll keep reading as I can, and hope to catch up soon. :) Have a wonderful week; I'll pop in here and there.

Thanks for reading! Yes trust me...during planning and even right up until we were living the first day on our trip, I second guessed my decision to only get one day tickets to MK for us...but by the end of the night on our MK day, I knew we had done the right thing...we had a lot of fun and weren't too exhausted...just exhausted enough. And I am hoping within the next year we may get to go back for a longer stay and maybe see at least 3 if not all 4 parks. But it all worked out really well and if we had more park days we may not have done B&C and HDDR so I'm happy for that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter