Anyone who has cruised since key cards aren't given at the port? How do we get on the ship,and into our rooms?

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are sailing soon, we will have disneyband+, but I have heard that key cards are at your state room, so how do we board the ship?

Bring your port arrival information either hard copy or digital. When you first check in they will check your passport information as before but now they you've already sent a photo in they just confirm that. When your number comes up they will scan your boarding information a few times. Your Keys to the World cards will be found right outside your door in the hanger. Easy Peasy

I have heard if you have a MagicBand+ you don’t need your Port Arrival Form. You tap your MagicBand+ instead of scanning the QR code.

I have heard if you have a MagicBand+ you don’t need your Port Arrival Form. You tap your MagicBand+ instead of scanning the QR code.
We needed our port arrival form with the QR code to check in, then they coded the MagicBand+ to the room.

We needed our port arrival form with the QR code to check in, then they coded the MagicBand+ to the room.
We sailed on the Wish last month and they had us tap our MB+ during check in. Was never asked for the QR code.

Also, if you want to get a drink before you get to your stateroom, you just give them your room number and they'll punch it in. They can see your photo so they know it's you.

Your Keys to the World cards will be found right outside your door in the hanger. Easy Peasy

Does that mean that empty rooms are basically unlooked?

On other cruise lines, boarding early allowed a peek at into luxury suites that were unoccupied and unlocked.

-Paul

We sailed on the Wish last month and they had us tap our MB+ during check in. Was never asked for the QR code.
I have never been on a Disney cruise. From videos I watched, it looks like you get in lines outside of the terminal based on your PAT. Did you have to show the form at the terminal to prove that you are in the correct PAT line or did they just believe you?

On other cruise lines, boarding early allowed a peek at into luxury suites that were unoccupied and unlocked.

-Paul
Nope you need the card, which is in a sealed envelope or MB+, to open the door.

I have never been on a Disney cruise. From videos I watched, it looks like you get in lines outside of the terminal based on your PAT. Did you have to show the form at the terminal to prove that you are in the correct PAT line or did they just believe you?
Not sure if they asked, but if they did, I would have showed the Boarding Pass (which shows PAT) that I had loaded into Apple Wallet.

I've never had them check at Port Canaveral, but I've always taken some form of Disney transportation to get there, so I never had a PAT. (Well, except for the very first time, but I intentionally chose a later arrival time because I had a long drive to get there.)

They definitely checked when I sailed from other ports, though.

Ive done 2 European cruises, one from Dover England and one from Southampton England. Both times my PAT form was checked multiple times before I was directed into the check in queue.

At Southampton they had multiple queue lines for the different times outside the building. My PAT was 12pm, I got there at 11.30am and was directed to wait in the 12pm queue outside the building. People who had an 11.30am or 11.45am PAT were directed straight into the building. There was also a 12.30pm queue outside the building.

Just wanted to add, too, while the cards are outside your room, every cruise we've done since they've started doing it this way (2), the Room Steward has been hanging in the hallway and is the one to actually let us into the room rather than having to open our cards in the hallway.

Just wanted to add, too, while the cards are outside your room, every cruise we've done since they've started doing it this way (2), the Room Steward has been hanging in the hallway and is the one to actually let us into the room rather than having to open our cards in the hallway.
We have had the opposite experience. Opened our card envelopes and let ourselves in once staterooms were open.

-Paul
As others said, the keys are in a sealed envelope. So if you get to your stateroom and the envelope has been unsealed, you might want to go to guest services (I would, just to be safe).

Interesting about peeking into unlocked rooms. Not sure I would feel comfortable doing that, even if no one was in them I would still feel a little weird looking into someone else's room.

As others said, the keys are in a sealed envelope. So if you get to your stateroom and the envelope has been unsealed, you might want to go to guest services (I would, just to be safe).

So an interesting story about that. When we were on the Wish in January, I totally went to the door next to ours and ripped open the envelope. When I realized it wasn't ours, I was super embarrassed. We got the right key cards to our room and then I quickly wrote a note on the DCL stationary and attached it to the envelope. Never saw the person or heard from him - I think it was probably a worker or something, since it was a single person down on Deck 2 in one of the far corners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter