Anyone win anything in the YOMD sweepstakes?

Dukland

A.K.A Mrs. Incredible
You know, when entering by mail? I am going to make up a bunch of postcards to enter everyone in the family several times. I am hoping we can all win ears and/or lanyard and pin sets. Most especially I am hoping my two big kids win, though. It would just be nice if we were able to win enough YOMD ears for all 5 of us. Am I dreaming too big?

We won't be able to go to DL until next year. I was thinking November, but we may actually wind up going mid to late August. Everything will be open, with later hours, and my youngest won't be 2 yet. That means he will still be free for everything :banana:

We've been listening a lot to a bootleg copy of the first CD of the 50th anniversary music. My older ds just loves to listen to the Haunted Mansion song. I was thinking that we would go in November, and see the Haunted Holiday Mansion, which we definitely want to do. But, I don't want my ds to miss out. And really, should we pass up an opportunity to take the youngest to DL for free? We like the Character Meals, and he would even be free there. Or a minimal charge. When my older son was not yet 2, he free at all the Character Meals.

we have not won anything yet, we haven't been trying for very long though.

I started sending in the postcards in May, and have so far won a DL pin lanyard. :yay:

We've won 12 lanyards/pins and 9 ears. We started sending out 4 postcards a day when it first began in Sep/Oct. I was really good about sending it out Mon-Sat. After a few months I started slacking though. We've probably sent out 800 postcards total. Not too sure if I'll buy more postcards though. Most were WDW, Only 3 ears & 5 lanyard/pins were DL. We've been to the park a total of 10 days since the promo started and have yet to be dremed anything in the parks, so I'm glad i did the postcards. Rather than doing autograph books when we went a week ago, ds got Micky & Minnie to sign his ears and dd got the princesses to sign her ears. They thought this was more special than doing the phot/autograph books that we usually do. Their ears are now on their bookshelves in their bedrooms.

Can more than one person in a household enter per day? For example, can I send separate entries out every day for each member of my family? I made up the cards already, and we're going to start today. Now that it's a definite go for our Disney trip this fall, I hope we can win something. Ears would be great for the baby.

I got YOMD MouseEars a few months ago.

I was so excited to see a package from Disney, and I opened the card inside, thinking that there was some sort of a trip voucher enclosed, but the MouseEars WERE the major award! :lmao:

You have to write your name, mailing address, telephone number, and date of birth on a 3X5 card and mail it. I don't have the address right on hand, but if you do a Google search, it will give you the link to Disney's official site and right to the contest details. I wish I would have known about it a couple weeks back, so I could have started entering. I stay at home, and have nothing better to do anyway.

Can more than one person in a household enter per day? For example, can I send separate entries out every day for each member of my family? I made up the cards already, and we're going to start today. Now that it's a definite go for our Disney trip this fall, I hope we can win something. Ears would be great for the baby.

Yes, each person in your household can enter whether they were 1 day old or 100 years old. There's 4 in our family so we do 4 a day.

My Mom and Brother both won a couple of cool pin lanyards, this week. IF they win can I still keep sending postcards with their info, or will Disney not accept that?

I hope I get something soon.

I have been mailing out 6 entries per day for over two weeks now, and still haven't gotten a thing! Those of you that won, how long did it take of mailing entries before you got anything? In the meantime, I will continue sending each day until our trip in October.

I was on my way to the restroom of all places with my 5 year old, and they stopped us to give us the YOMD Mickey ears. It seems they hand out most prizes early in the day so as to enjoy them throughout the day I guess. We wore them proudly throughout our trip :woohoo:

I have been mailing out 6 entries per day for over two weeks now, and still haven't gotten a thing! Those of you that won, how long did it take of mailing entries before you got anything? In the meantime, I will continue sending each day until our trip in October.

I started mailing out postcards the first day possible, which i believe was Sep 15th. We didn't recieve any prizes 'til the end of December. I could be wrong, but i believe they pull postcards once a month. And once they pick the winning postcards, they have somewhere like 30 days to mail them out.

I started sending postcards in January - I haven't managed to do it every day, but probably have sent in 80-100...I *finally* won a pair of dream ears last week.

We don't send in the postcards but on our last trip we got several dreams. We went for a 4 day weekend last November and saw LOTS of prizes but never won anything and then were there for my daughter's birthday for one day over Christmas week but again won nothing but this past July we were there for 5 days and the first thing we won was some pins and seating for fantasmic.

We were just sitting on a bench and a guy approached us and just started talking to us. Now I don't know if he purposely intended to give us anything or not but he just was asking us questions and asked my girls if it was their first trip. Of course it wasn't, we have been many many times and we are AP holders, so we said NO but then we kept talking and he did end up getting us preferred viewing for fantasmic. We still had to sit on the ground but we got to arrive only 15 minutes before it started and sat right dead center in a roped off area. So that was kind of cool. Then he gave us those tink pins where you get one and give one to someone else.

We got three more sets of those on that trip from other people. We also talked to another guy who walked us through the exit of splash on a VERY busy day with a 2 hour wait and we walked right on. He rode with us. It was a lot of fun.

And last we met a great guy who was an army reservist like my dh and served in Iraq like he did and so later in the week he saw my dh and gave him a whole handful of front of the line passes for all 6 of us for 5 rides. It was so magical!!

Here is a pic of us with the one cast member when we got to go on splash. You can see him in the back.

splash001.jpg

And this is when we won the fantasmic seating

100_1109.jpg

Don't have a picture of the pins but I can take one if anyone is interested in what they look like. I only have the ones left that say "one for you". All the ones that say "one to give" we "GAVE" ;)

by saying "postcard", can I use an index card? I am a bit new to all of this.

So long as the index card measures 3.5" X 5". You can buy prestamped postcards at the postoffice. It's 2 cents more than a postcard stamp. I trim it down to size, although others have reported winning without trimming down, and write our info on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter