• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything and Everything Pirate

mrsladymontague

Earning My Ears
I am new to the boards, but this will be our second trip to WDW in the last 5 years. The last time we went our DD was 4 and our DS was 18 months. We did everything Princess! Now, our son who will be 6 is pirate obsessed. We are planning on staying in the pirate room at CB (we stayed at CB last time and loved it). We also know about the Pirate Cruise and are planning on that. Is there anything else we shouldn't miss? We are going in October 2011.
Thanks!
pirate:

There is also a pirate makeover in Magic Kingdom. We haven't tried it but it looks fun. My son did the pirate cruise at the Grand Floridian on his 7th birthday and LOVED it :thumbsup2 Your daughter might like it too, My DD was 8 and went with her brother and they both had a blast.

definitely look into Pirate League! It's pretty cool :)

They have a pirate show also in MK, I'd try to see that.

My boys love pirates too!! We staying in a pirate room at CBR twice now and the boys loved it!! CBR also has a pirate ship kiddie pool which is awesome! We did the GF pirate cruise and that was lots of fun. We also did the Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial at MK in front of POTC ride. They pick 4 children to fight with Mack and Jack Sparrow, then at the end they will invite up several other kids to recite the pirate oath.

We have never done the pirate makeover but that seems pretty cool. I think Pirate Goofy is now a character you can meet there at the pirate makeover place. They have lots of cool pirate toys and stuff at the gift shop as you exit the POTC ride. There is also a Fireworks Cruise that departs from the Contemporary that has a meet and greet with Capt Hook/Smee and the boat cruise has a pirate theme to it while watching Wishes.

If they are still doing it, you can get a PhotoPass special add-in picture where the kids are fighting Captain Hook. Your child holds up a sword and then they'll add-in the image of Hook. Ours turned out pretty cool.

Have a great trip!!

Pirate Goofy is between the Pirate League and Pirates of the Caribbean. The Pirate League truly is fabulous!! If you don't buy any costumes, it's about $30, plus the picture if you want to buy it. We had leftover makeup and face jewels to take home and she still plays with the sword, eye patch, and bandana. We took them on our last Disney cruise too!

Here are some snapshots of our experience:

Supplies for the Creation of EmpressMouse
PirateSupplies.jpg

The Making of EmpressMouse
MakingEmpressMouse.jpg

Our EmpressMouse
EmpressMouse.jpg

Pirate Tutorial
pirate_tutorial.jpg

EmpressMouse & Goofy (photopass)
MTT_pl_264.jpg

EmpressMouse & Goofy (photopass)
MTT_pl_261.jpg

It will take a little work on your part, but set up a treasure hunt that leads him to the Pirate League!

We did this for my son, and it was incredibly fun and entertaining.

*including some of the clues she made*

Near the front you must go
and Minnie you must seek
The bench you should know
Look around and take a peek!
(Hidden on the bench with Walt and Minnie)

Look for what might be lost
Near the train station rail
Perhaps the answer may cost
but you must not fail!
(Made this clue based on a lost and found at the railstation, however... we couldn't find it! Lost and found at town hall worked great. Hubby snuck the next clue to a cast member and they were a RIOT!)

Take the train for a ride
ToonTowns the place for you!
At Mickey's house, look to the side
for your next clue!
(Hidden in the garage at Mickey's!)

The hunt eventually ended up over at the pirate's league. We hit a few various places, (utilizing the railway!!) And went on a few rides. Met Mickey, Sat through the Tiki Room... it was AMAZING. I'll never forget the look on his face.

~Zara
(If I make it to my other comp, I'll come back and post a picture of the clue cards. They were SO cute!) And if anyone wants the full hunt, just PM me.

The Pirates' League was the highlight of our last trip! pirate:

All three of my kids (DS4, DD6, DD11) loved it. The girls were more interested in pirates than BBB, and it was relatively inexpensive... about $30 each for the face paint, accessories, and experience. (The grandparents were with us, and they of course "had" to buy the photos as well.) We saw Pirate Goofy by chance right after they had their makeovers. The kids can also participate in a "pirate parade" that afternoon which is followed by the final pirate tutorial of the day with Captain Jack.

I'll have to get on my other computer to put up some pictures...

Inside The Pirates' League
PA020631.jpg

After:
PA020647.jpg

Group shot before the parade:
PA020669.jpg

PA020663.jpg

Oh, just a note about the black make-up... it doesn't come off easily (especially if the child has long eyelashes).

This was DS late the next afternoon-- after a bath, two scrub-downs with different eye makeup removers, and swimming (It stayed on, although lighter, for a few more days)...

PA030718.jpg

The kids had to wear some of their gear the next day so they seemed "piratey" instead of punk rock eyeliner. ;)

The Pirates and Pals fireworks Voayage was one of the highlights of our trip this year. It begins with a snack reception at the contemporary boat dock hosted by Captian Hook and Smee. Then you board a boat with a pirate captian and head out onto the lake. There are pirate stories and songs all the way to your viewing point for the electrical water pagent. the entertainment on our boat was really great, and it is an AMAZING view of the pagent. Who else gets to watch it parked on the water 50 feet away? The more stories and songs as you move to a perfect sopt to view wishes. The audio for wishes is piped inot the boat and agian, amazing views. Then more entertainment back to the dock. We all had a really fabulous time. The pirate capitans are great at getting the kids into the act. Peter Pan meets the boat at the docl for autographs and photos.

I highly recommend the Pirates League too! My son loved it!! In fact, he is in the group shot above!! That is so funny to see him in someone's elses picture!!! :)

I highly recommend the Pirates League too! My son loved it!! In fact, he is in the group shot above!! That is so funny to see him in someone's elses picture!!! :)

That's great! I should have posted it on the "Is This You?" thread in the Theme Parks Community board. :thumbsup2

(I thought twice about posting a picture with other people's kids in it, but I figured it was okay since they're all disguised.)

I think I'm going to call and book this for my DS (6) for our May trip. I was feeling a little bad because his sister (14) just happens to have her birthday fall near our trip. So she wants to celebrate there and have a cake. So I'm planning to do that as an extra surprise for her. Now if I book the pirate league for DS he will have some "special time" too. I'm wondering when is a good time of day to have this done? Should I plan to have it done early so he gets a full day of wear out of it or would it be better to book it in the afternoon on a day we go to the park after a morning at the water parks?

I think I'm going to call and book this for my DS (6) for our May trip. I was feeling a little bad because his sister (14) just happens to have her birthday fall near our trip. So she wants to celebrate there and have a cake. So I'm planning to do that as an extra surprise for her. Now if I book the pirate league for DS he will have some "special time" too. I'm wondering when is a good time of day to have this done? Should I plan to have it done early so he gets a full day of wear out of it or would it be better to book it in the afternoon on a day we go to the park after a morning at the water parks?

It really depends on your plans.

We booked ours for the afternoon (2:00). We arrived at MK right before that, did the makeovers, did a few attractions in Adventureland, and then the kids participated in the parade and pirate tutorial at 4:00. That evening DH and I had dinner booked at the Contemporary and my parents took the kids to Crystal Palace, so DH and I left the kids to have a fun evening with their grandparents. We did meet back up with them that night and I got some great pictures of my pirates watching the fireworks.

One note, DS got the skeleton pirate and it did not stay on that well. It was evening and not that hot when we went, so I really don't think it would have lasted all day.

Even if your DS doesn't get a full day out of the make-up, my kids wore the accessories so they could be pirates for days.

I would call & ask about the day you're going - I scheduled my son's for 12:40, since the the parade they can march in is at 2:00 that day - I based it on the parade time, so you may want to do that if your child will want to be in the parade?

Maybe a silly question - we will be there on Halloween and I was thinking of making an appointment at the Pirate League for my husband and future son in law - would they feel ridiculously out of place?

We are going in May and the theme of our trip is Pirates too! We are also staying at CB in a pirate room, we are going to do the Pirates & Pals fireworks cruise, and i got my 2 boys Pirate Lanyards. They will be 7 & 2 when we go, the 7 year old knows when we are going but I am going to surprise them with a bunch of t shirts, the lanyards and anything else I can come up with, it will be like Christmas lol. I think when I give them everything I am going to have a hunt around the house for gold coins, that will lead them to the "treasure chest" filled with all their goodies.
I am SO excited, and I still have a long time to wait LOL.

Karenpirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter