Anything going on the end of March

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Looking to see if that is a busy week. Planning on going mid week but wondered what the locals might be up to, conventions, blackout dates, etc.

Last week of March tends to be a busy spring break time. Expect a number of schools to be out that week. Other than our local school district here in northern California and most of the University of California system, I don't know which ones. There is a good southern California resident ticket offer with no blackout dates though, so if any local schools are out, Disney will be an attractive destination. My recollection of March is also that we usually see a lot of youth involved in music programs, beauty pageants, cheer competitions, etc. touring the parks in groups. The food and wine festival at DCA will also be in full swing and draw crowds.

We went the last week of March 2019. I was quite surprised at how busy it was. We usually go in early August, and the March week felt busier to me. Some of that was the Food and Wine Festival taking up walkway space, but I think it is just heavy Spring Break crowds (our school district, Northern California, always takes that same week off). There was also a ticket deal going on at that time (released after we had planned our trip, so we were going then regardless), which brought out the crowds.

Which week of March are you looking at? We are going March 30-April 4, and while I expect it to be very busy, I think we will squeak in between most Spring Breaks (March 16-27) and most Easter Breaks (April 6-17). The official March thread is here and can give you a general sense of when other DIS board members are going, to the extent they form a representative sample of sorts: https://www.disboards.com/threads/march-check-in-official-thread-start-with-post-17.3784817/

San Diego public schools have spring break in April, and the Christian private schools here will be off that week of Easter starting Good Friday. I’m not sure when OC and LA have spring break, but you won’t have kids from San Diego County the last week in March. I personally think it’ll be crowded the second week of March through the week after Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter