Anything you will miss this summer due to lockdowns?

I don’t know if we will be able to do a vacation or not.

the zoo did a drive-thru event and we went to that just to say we did it. It was neat.

but parks are open for what we do—drive around and take pictures while snacking on stuff

restaurants are opening—we got to try one of our faves yesterday. They asked if we wanted plastic utensils or silverware. All condiments are single serve. Brought chips and salsa like always. Menus were paper placemat type.

Ulta did curbside, but I know stores will open soon for me to browse

I’m fairly certain the majority of my summer will be the same

Definitely sports. And while it hasn’t been cancelled yet, our State Fair. With all our other local festivals being cancelled, I’m sure it will be eventually (even though they shared yesterday that as of now it’s still scheduled).

I’m hopeful that things like parks and zoos and the lakefront won’t be gone all summer. Yes, they can draw big crowds, but with restrictions and monitoring, I think they should be able to open at some point.

Vacation
Seeing family in NY
Going to the pool (don’t know the pool status yet)
Summer camps (still on the fence on sending the kids. Still don’t know when I’ll be called back into the office.

I have no clue if anyone will be doing professional firework shows for 4th of July if that will be allowable. Those were already fewer due to budgeting but they also are events that large groups of people attend. Part of me is so completely understanding in that (the large gathering part concern) but the other part makes me think seeing one of my favorite firework displays would be so stress releasing, and I can just imagine the collective sigh of relief almost of watching that

I nearly forgot about the Olympics. We are big fans and watch as much as possible. I am sad about that. NBCSN has been showing old coverage, so that’s something at least.
Me too!

I was really looking forward to the olympics and while I completely got why they had to delay I'm upset I don't get to watch it for more than a year from now (and was well over a year when they announced it).

This summer I was going to be helping my niece plan her fall wedding. Final fittings, tastings, venue walkthroughs all cancelled and the fall wedding is no longer happening. Moved to 2021. :(

Going to the Zoo and aquarium. The kids getting to do their theater day camp. Random meet ups with family and friends.

Already miss the nightly concerts at the local beaches that would have started a couple weeks ago?

About half of the festivals and state fairs for which Maine is well-known have been canceled; I anticipate others will cancel soon. I will miss summer theater; Ogunquit Playhouse, Maine Summer Music Theater, and Prescott Park (NH) summer schedules have all been canceled, and Hackmatack will make a decision in a couple of weeks. I expect most other facilities will cancel their schedules also. I am hoping beyond hope that the beaches will be opened- I can't imagine summer without going to the beach!

Our trip to Disneyland
Our two other vacations that have been cancelled
Neighborhood block parties
Beaches
Family BBQs
(although I’m hoping we get these last two back before summer is over)

I will be missing my road trip to Cedar Point, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Virginia. My summers consist of going to amusement parks.

A full paycheck.

I’m (so far) fortunate i can’t say a loved one.

Sorry to read about all the vacations missed. That must be devastating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter