AoA Cars Suite building recommendations

DisMom72

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
My family and I will be staying at AoA in the Cars family suites this June. This will be our first time staying here. We are a party of 6 adults and two little ones. The youngest in our party will be 10 months old and the oldest is 83. Given the age range of our party, do you have any advice on building number or what floor I should request, keeping in mind we will have a double stroller for the babies and a scooter for Great Grandpop? I believe the Nemo suites are closer to everything, but my 2 year old grandson is completely obsessed with Cars.
Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
Hello All,
My family and I will be staying at AoA in the Cars family suites this June. This will be our first time staying here. We are a party of 6 adults and two little ones. The youngest in our party will be 10 months old and the oldest will is 83. Given the age range of our party, do you have any advice on building number or what floor I should request, keeping in mind we will have a double stroller for the babies and a scooter for Great Grandpop? I believe the Nemo suites are closer to everything, but my 2 year old grandson is completely obsessed with Cars.
Thank you so much!!
Our very first Disney trip in 2016 my son was 7 and obsessed with the movie Cars. Nothing beat walking up to the Wheel Well Motel. I didn't do a building request, I guess we just got lucky. Looks like we were in Cars 2. Regardless of which building, you could always request first floor. Wait until your grandson sees Radiator Springs and the Cozy Cone pool!

Here is a resort map: https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-resorts/value/art-of-animation-resort/maps/

Anything on the first floor in Cars section would be fine. Buildings 1 and 3 are closer to the main lobby, but that resort is so family friendly and has so many strollers it’s going to save time avoiding elevators.

Our very first Disney trip in 2016 my son was 7 and obsessed with the movie Cars. Nothing beat walking up to the Wheel Well Motel. I didn't do a building request, I guess we just got lucky. Looks like we were in Cars 2. Regardless of which building, you could always request first floor. Wait until your grandson sees Radiator Springs and the Cozy Cone pool!

Here is a resort map: https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-resorts/value/art-of-animation-resort/maps/
This is great! Thank you so much for the map and the first floor recommendation!

I would echo what both @Ohiostatefan606 and @migirl said about requesting first floor over a building specific request. For me, I would want to face the courtyard/ pool area since that is where all of the fun theming is outside. Touring Plans has a room finder tool that lets you see what the view is from each room. Since AoA has interior hallways, having a fun view might matter more than some place like Pop Century that has outside hallways since it is the view outside of your windows. (two window areas per suite, one in bedroom one in living room)

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-art-of-animation-resort

Anything on the first floor in Cars section would be fine. Buildings 1 and 3 are closer to the main lobby, but that resort is so family friendly and has so many strollers it’s going to save time avoiding elevators.
Thank you so much! I didn't even think about elevators. I will definitely request first floor!

I would echo what both @Ohiostatefan606 and @migirl said about requesting first floor over a building specific request. For me, I would want to face the courtyard/ pool area since that is where all of the fun theming is outside. Touring Plans has a room finder tool that lets you see what the view is from each room. Since AoA has interior hallways, having a fun view might matter more than some place like Pop Century that has outside hallways since it is the view outside of your windows. (two window areas per suite, one in bedroom one in living room)

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-art-of-animation-resort
Thank you! I will check Touring plans! I'm so glad everyone is mentioning the first floor. I think this would be so much easier with a double stroller and a scooter.

Thank you! I will check Touring plans! I'm so glad everyone is mentioning the first floor. I think this would be so much easier with a double stroller and a scooter.
Between the double stroller, the scooter, and 5 adults, you would probably need to take 2 elevators if the group is trying to move as a unit. First floor will make your life so much easier.

If you get your assigned room number and notice it isn't on first floor, before you go to your room, go to the front desk and ask if there is any chance that you could get moved to the first floor.

Between the double stroller, the scooter, and 5 adults, you would probably need to take 2 elevators if the group is trying to move as a unit. First floor will make your life so much easier.

If you get your assigned room number and notice it isn't on first floor, before you go to your room, go to the front desk and ask if there is any chance that you could get moved to the first floor.
Thank you! I completely agree. I will definitely try to get a first floor room, if not already assigned one.

Are you staying in 2 suites at AOA? Your party of 6 adults & little ones exceeds the capacity of a suite by 1.

Are you staying in 2 suites at AOA? Your party of 6 adults & little ones exceeds the capacity of a suite by 1.
Yes. We booked 2 suites. There will be 4 adults in one suite, and 2 adults and two kiddos in the other :) I have the reservations linked, so I'm hoping they will be next to each other.

I have stayed in Cars building 1 and felt it really was as close as we could be. And we found it to be closer to the parking lot than Nemo, which was handy for us since we had a car. Plus the theming there is just so darn cute, it's definitely my favorite at Art of Animation!

I have stayed in Cars building 1 and felt it really was as close as we could be. And we found it to be closer to the parking lot than Nemo, which was handy for us since we had a car. Plus the theming there is just so darn cute, it's definitely my favorite at Art of Animation!
Thank you so much for this! We will have our car as well, so this is very helpful. Again, this is our first time staying here, but with a 2 year old obsessed with Cars, I think this is the place for us. It will also be nice having the extra space for the babies to nap. We are so excited for this trip! We just keep scrolling through photos online, and you're right!! The theming is so darn cute!!

Last edited:
To be sure, call Disney and request rooms next to each other. They seldom go by linked reservations but you can request.

I had a "travel with" reservation for my group in October - We were in Nemo - 2nd floor and across the hall from each other. I didn't have any other requests on my reservation other than "travel with". But each time I have put the "travel with" on reservations when traveling with family members we have always been either next door or across the hall from each other at each resort, don't know if I have been lucky but it has always worked out for me to just make sure that I have "travel with" listed on my reservation.

To be sure, call Disney and request rooms next to each other. They seldom go by linked reservations but you can request.
I called last week and added the request for the rooms to be next to each other. Hopefully that happens. My grandbabies will be 10 months and 2 years old at the time of travel, so it would be really nice to be close by to give my daughter a hand when its needed. The CM also suggested that I reiterate the request to the front desk when we check in, so I plan on doing that as well.

I had a "travel with" reservation for my group in October - We were in Nemo - 2nd floor and across the hall from each other. I didn't have any other requests on my reservation other than "travel with". But each time I have put the "travel with" on reservations when traveling with family members we have always been either next door or across the hall from each other at each resort, don't know if I have been lucky but it has always worked out for me to just make sure that I have "travel with" listed on my reservation.
That's great! Hopefully it works for me as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter