AOA Little Mermaid or All Star Music

Shoshannah

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for a Little Mermaid room since my daughter (21) really likes the look of AOA and it'll just be the two of us. I keep hearing such complaints about the walk and such. Should I switch to All Star Music and save a couple of hundred? We've only have stayed at French Quarter since Disneyland is our closer park.

Thanks!

I've stayed at each of the values.
All Star Music is my least favorite followed closely by AOA.
I'd choose POP or All Star Movies.

I have a reservation for a Little Mermaid room since my daughter (21) really likes the look of AOA and it'll just be the two of us. I keep hearing such complaints about the walk and such. Should I switch to All Star Music and save a couple of hundred? We've only have stayed at French Quarter since Disneyland is our closer park.

Thanks!

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays at all 3 All Stars. We would rather stay at any of them over a Little Mermaid room. And to save money on top? Music all the way.

My daughter, 24, and I just stayed in a LM room at Art. It was a long walk to the bus stop and Skyliner stop. We usually stay in a Preferred room at Pop, and it's definitely more convenient than the LM rooms. We actually ended up Ubering to and from the resort so we could get dropped off and picked up close to our room. I've only stayed at All Star Sport, and wouldn't choose it over Art. Our FQ room was pretty far from the bus stop too, but I'd go there again before Art, unless I was staying in Nemo.
We liked everything except the walk. I'd choose a preferred room at Pop if I was saving money.

I would only pick Music over the LM rooms to avoid hearing "I Can't Wait to be King" and "Kiss the Girl" on repeat alone. The walk on top of it was really long too when I didn't think it would be.

AoA is a gorgeous resort. The LM section is adorable. But I will personally never stay there again (LM section) unless I have a car and plan to drive to the parks.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm surprised nobody "voted" for AOA.

Pop is sold out, plus honestly we don't like the looks of it. Could possibly talk my daughter into AS Movies even though some of it's themes have no appeal. (Mighty Ducks...really? Who thought that was a good idea. Did Emilio Estevez fund it?) Sports also offers no appeal to us.

Would the preferred rooms at Music be the Calypso section? Maybe they would be renovated by the time we got there in January.

I will vote for AOA over AS Music anytime! As long as you don't mind walking, because as people have said, it's a lonnnng walk to the food court, buses, etc.
However, the rooms and resort overall are really beautiful and you can spend a half day (well I can) just walking around the resort and being immersed in the various areas. Also, as long as you're not always in a massive rush you can leisurely walk to/from the LM rooms plus the pool in that area is really nice too.

One other plus--I like to walk the lake path that sits between AOA and POP, and I also really like the food courts for reasonably-priced variety too.

As long as you both are physically able to handle the walk, I vote AOA.

Last edited:
Loved AoA and didn't find the walk to the LM rooms far at all (even with 10 and 8 year olds at the end of a long day). They loved walking through the Lion King section and the Little Mermaid pool was their favorite. I didn't love the theming at Pop but really enjoyed it at AoA. Never having been to the AS resorts, I can't speak to those but I was surprised at how much I loved AoA!

If I keep LM, is there certain rooms I should request or are they all about the same distance or noisiness?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter